Player Watch Tom Doedee - Departed for Brisbane, End of 1st Round FA Compensation

Remove this Banner Ad

As I've said before, I've met Tom on a few occasions. He has always been incredibly grounded and mature. Just a great bloke. If you follow his social media stuff he also does a bit of work with people who have different learning disabilities. I think this is what he is saying in his post. Whilst he has an injury, and one we are all devastated about, he knows there are plenty of others who are doing it tougher everyday.
He's just a ripper.
Just a great bloke.

I'm ****ing heartbroken, almost to the point where I don't even want to watch next week. I can cop us playing bad, but this is just dreadful news:'(

Brodie Smith has always been my favourite Crows player and we lost him for all of last season. But when I saw Tom play it was love at first sight, and he went above and beyond in providing some consolation for the hole that Smith left.

Now after all the positive vibes and energy going into round 1, we go and lose the Dude for the season.

I actually ****ing hate football sometimes...

I'm ****ing heartbroken, almost to the point where I don't even want to watch next week. I can cop us playing bad, but this is just dreadful news:'(

Brodie Smith has always been my favourite Crows player and we lost him for all of last season. But when I saw Tom play it was love at first sight, and he went above and beyond in provided some consolation for the hole that Smith left.

Now after all the positive vibes and energy going into round 1, and we lose the Dude for the season.

I actually ****ing hate football sometimes...
It's just so wrong. Seeing Smithers do his knee the exact same way I did brought the waterworks.

It seems like almost no-one does LARS anymore. There has to be a reason for that.

Most of the people who did it ended up having further complications down the line.

Really devastated for Doedee, he's such a talent and doesn't deserve to miss a year of footy like this. I just keep having flashbacks of Andy Otten too, going down and then never really getting back to his level again. I hope I'm wrong, because we need Doedee to get back to his best next year. Fingers crossed he recovers in time to do a full preseason.

He seems like an incredible mature person, the way he's handling this.

Most of the people who did it ended up having further complications down the line.

Really devastated for Doedee, he's such a talent and doesn't deserve to miss a year of footy like this. I just keep having flashbacks of Andy Otten too, going down and then never really getting back to his level again. I hope I'm wrong, because we need Doedee to get back to his best next year. Fingers crossed he recovers in time to do a full preseason.

He seems like an incredible mature person, the way he's handling this.
The bizarre thing is there are some players that you can look at and think they will have knee problems - Fitzy and Lever especially.

Tom has the body shape you don't expect any issues from. Very, very unlucky.

He is one player that you could ill afford to lose from your defence given the scarcity of quality intercept marking defenders going around.

Like Richmond with Rance, your coaching staff will have to make some serious adjustments to the way the defence lines up but the upside could be that a young tyro (I don't know who) may come from obscurity and make a name for himself.

He is one player that you could ill afford to lose from your defence given the scarcity of quality intercept marking defenders going around.

Like Richmond with Rance, your coaching staff will have to make some serious adjustments to the way the defence lines up but the upside could be that a young tyro (I don't know who) may come from obscurity and make a name for himself.
Thanks for the heads up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we are still finishing well above you mate, don't get too concerned.

I'm not the one concerned about ladder positions right now.
No what you are concerned about is we won’t be able to cover him, which from a Carlton supporter we’ve got to ask why?

You’ve expressed no sympathy towards Doedee what’s so ever. It’s clear you’ve used this to throw a jab.

Our strong midfield will need to control the center and Hartigan is actually quite a reasonable intercept marking defender, it's his disposal after the mark.......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back