• Andrew McGrath

Votes: 64 16.6%
  • Tim Taranto

Votes: 147 38.1%
  • Hugh McCluggage

Votes: 175 45.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

A bit of both in fact. You guys have a ripper there. IMO Berry will be the better player in the long run though
Great observation re Jarrod Berry, although a very different player to McCluggage and flies under the radar a bit compared to McCluggage, Rayner and Witherden.

I like the Pendlebury comparison although he'll be a more regular goal kicker IMO. Berry I'd compare to a Josh Kennedy(Swans) type.

Great observation re Jarrod Berry, although a very different player to McCluggage and flies under the radar a bit compared to McCluggage, Rayner and Witherden.

I like the Pendlebury comparison although he'll be a more regular goal kicker IMO. Berry I'd compare to a Josh Kennedy(Swans) type.

The exciting thing for Brisbane supporters is that quite often these big bodied midfield types take a few years to make an impact. Whilst Berry has stepped up to AFL level quite seamlessly

McCluggage is better than both of them in every area.
Fair to say he's behind Taranto with the contested stuff. Taranto is a bull who can stand up in tackles and lays very strong tackles himself. Mccluggage is definitely improving in those areas but still a bit of work to do to catch up to Taranto.

Mcgrath has them both covered defensively.

Last edited:
Taranto will end up being the best player of the trio imo (not saying McLuggage and McGrath are bums, far from it, both look like elite prospects, but I honestly believe TT has the highest ceiling/potential)

I can understand why McCluggage is winning, but statistically Taranto is ahead and has been far more consistent.

McCluggage had some incredible games, but quite a few sub-par performances too.

If I was going to project the best I’d go McCluggage>Taranto>McGrath

McGrath looks ready to take a big step. I expect to see him become a much more damaging player now that he seems to have the confidence to back his leg speed to take on the tackler.

Taranto & Clugga ahead of McGrath based off Round 1 so far.

Honestly think this year Taranto will be number 1 of these three, with McCluggage behind in second.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taranto & Clugga ahead of McGrath based off Round 1 so far.

Honestly think this year Taranto will be number 1 of these three, with McCluggage behind in second.

Great call, refreshingly unbiased call.

McCluagge is all class, but gee whiz, Taranto is giving us a preview of his future superstar star status this arvo.

Great call, refreshingly unbiased call.

McCluagge is all class, but gee whiz, Taranto is giving us a preview of his future superstar star status this arvo.
Nothing wrong with Clugga being second, honestly I think Taranto has brownlow potential at some point in his career.

Don't think McCluggage has that level in him but could be AA at some point and that's still great for us.

McGrath levels of disappointment creeping towards Jack Watts.
lets not get too silly
He battled today and had very little support from the midfield he's joined.

Taranto is a jet. But even he couldn't carry the pathetic excuse we wheeled out as a midfield today. And if you swapped the picks around, McGrath would be viewed in a different light.

lets not get too silly
He battled today and had very little support from the midfield he's joined.

Taranto is a jet. But even he couldn't carry the pathetic excuse we wheeled out as a midfield today. And if you swapped the picks around, McGrath would be viewed in a different light.
I disagree. Taranto would perform better if at Essendon if developed at the same level as he has been at GWS. It's clear your development of young players is poor currently and McGrath has a long way to go to turn it around from becoming another Jack Watts.

I disagree. Taranto would perform better if at Essendon if developed at the same level as he has been at GWS. It's clear your development of young players is poor currently and McGrath has a long way to go to turn it around from becoming another Jack Watts.
Ok then.
It seems a little premature to call a kid who won a rising star in his first year, transitioned from defence to midfield in his second, and was one of our best in Rd1 and few shining lights in the JLT as a Pick 1 bust.
But sure, Jack Watts he is.

Way too soon to call McGrath a bust. IMO at worst he will be a solid 100- 200 game player for the Bombers. His ceiling may not be as high as Taranto or McCluggage but he's far from a bust.

Back