Round 2 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Backline backfired with Mills, Williams, Collins, Hore, and Burgess disappointing.

Might go Collins to Duursma. Makes me a little port heavy with 6 players though.

Mills, Williams, Hore, Burgess, Gawn, McCarthy, and Balta will be given an extra week I think

I was confident with Shiel coming to Essendon that Merrett would no longer get the hard tag. That certainly proved wrong.
Last year he seemed to find a way around it to a degree but he was putrid yesterday.
Rocky IS coming in this week but is it Merrett or Martin who makes the sideways trade for him? Merrett is likely to come up with 140 or so against St. Kilda as I don't see anyone who will tag him as well as De Boer did.

I was confident with Shiel coming to Essendon that Merrett would no longer get the hard tag. That certainly proved wrong.
Last year he seemed to find a way around it to a degree but he was putrid yesterday.
Rocky IS coming in this week but is it Merrett or Martin who makes the sideways trade for him? Merrett is likely to come up with 140 or so against St. Kilda as I don't see anyone who will tag him as well as De Boer did.
Steele tag?

Weller and Stevens used to tag for them but they've both moved on

Milera did the job so can shelve my Newman acquisition plans at least another week.

Looks like I will have to give Rocky a miss in RDT as all my mid premos tonned up. So will just have to pray that something goes awry there over the next month or so. With Port at home vs Blues this weekend all those buggers could go huge again. As such I'm very tempted to switch Mundy with Boak this week.

Tempted to go early on McCarthy -> Parker (move Drew on field) and Greene to Worpel (flipped a coin and lost on both). But I think I’ll wait 1 more week

Word on the street is wines might be available this weekend.

Let's just hope Drew, duursma aren't on the chop. And hope it's Amon.

Will screw alot of people.

Milera did the job so can shelve my Newman acquisition plans at least another week.

Looks like I will have to give Rocky a miss in RDT as all my mid premos tonned up. So will just have to pray that something goes awry there over the next month or so. With Port at home vs Blues this weekend all those buggers could go huge again. As such I'm very tempted to switch Mundy with Boak this week.

Mundy could only manage 66 in a trashing and probably won't sniff top 8 forward. I'd do it

Word on the street is wines might be available this weekend.

Let's just hope Drew, duursma aren't on the chop. And hope it's Amon.

Will screw alot of people.

Drew was really good but it wouldn't surprise me. Played a similar sort of role where Amon a bit more outside..

Wines coming back is going to be really interesting. It affects not only Drew but also Rockliff and Boak.

Can see many people trading in Rockliff/Boak this round or next and then Wines coming back into the side and they lose a chunk of their midfield time.

newman, rocky and westyofff are on the watchlist for me. i don't wish injury on anyone but if one of my premos break a nail out there im covered trade wise

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Drew or Duursma will be fkin done by hard if dropped, both did very good and no reason to be dropped.

Wines back won't affect Rocky too much IMO, probably more Gray maybe, he did go into midfield abit, can see him having more forward time if wines is back, but can't see Rocky being too affected or Boak since he swapped roles with Ebert it seems.

No trades for me this week, happy so far just might do a rookie correction next week if Burgers fails and Parker does well again.

Drew or Duursma will be fkin done by hard if dropped, both did very good and no reason to be dropped.

Wines back won't affect Rocky too much IMO, probably more Gray maybe, he did go into midfield abit, can see him having more forward time if wines is back, but can't see Rocky being too affected or Boak since he swapped roles with Ebert it seems.

No trades for me this week, happy so far just might do a rookie correction next week if Burgers fails and Parker does well again.
I agree.

In be dropping Amon and swinging drew or duursma to his position.

Boak would be same output but I'd wait on Rocky.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amon probably played his first good game of his career. He's been horrible.

But also agree on current form he'd also be hard done by.

Fingers crossed a rookie isn't done for just yet.

Wines takes up a lot of midfield minutes. I can't see how his return won't affect Rocky and Boak.

Wines, SPP, Boak and Rockliff are all slowish midfielders. Gray is a point of difference in their midfield. Is always going to see time in there especially with the lack of pace.

I'm no port supporter but I would be very surprised if Amon gets dropped. Plays a different role and with the loss of Polec I reckon he is going to be pretty secure on that wing.

If I was them, i would drop SPP if Wines was to come back this week.

Should also mention I have Rockliff so I really hope I'm wrong.

Dusty goes. Merrett will eventually average close to 110 later in the year I think when he gets completely fit. I reckon he'll bounce back in a big way even this round. You got to stay positive on Zach, remember it was only 1 round not 15.

I'm going Merrett to Coniglio and that will be it most likely. I should've started with Cogs and it's put me 100 points behind the mark already. Merrett was atrocious, looked unfit and didn't want to tackle.
Cogs is awesome but I reckon he will just struggle a bit this week. Hutchings tag is surely coming after his game last week. Will not be surprised if Merrett outscores Cogs this week due to an easier matchup, and no tag for Merrett I think

Cogs is awesome but I reckon he will just struggle a bit this week. Hutchings tag is surely coming after his game last week. Will not be surprised if Merrett outscores Cogs this week due to an easier matchup, and no tag for Merrett I think

Would you rather have Cogs or Merrett all season?

It's not close is it

Are you guys sure about waiting on Rocky this week? He just seems so in the mood for fantasy this year. He's talking to the traders (Roy) and making Pig noises apparently. We did not see this at all last year. Yeah he has had a better role this year but i also think he has had a change in mindset. He's now running to the back pocket for some cheap ball, highlighted by 2 marks from backwards kicks in the final minute of the game (seeing that was the most frustrating moment of the season so far). Wines coming back doesn't stop Rocky getting cheap ball in the backline, which has got him an enormous amount of points last round and JLT2.
Another reason I'm tempted to bring him in this week is that he is a legit captain option this week. If Grundy VC fails I'll find it hard to find someone who will go 120+. Cogs will get tagged, I've lost a little fate in Bray due to Gawn struggling a bit, Cripps can have a huge game but rarely junks it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back