Fantasy 2019 BigFooty NFL mock draft - sign-up and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

With Gronkowski retiring, I can see the Patriots spending their first round pick on a tight end.

I almost took Jonah Williams at pick 3 for the Jets, but I just don't know if he can be an above average NFL left tackle so decided to go with the safer option (and the one I think Maccagnan would take in the same situation, assuming he couldn't trade out of the pick).

With the Steelers' pick, I thought about possibly Hockenson, but I think (based on my research) that cornerback is a bigger need for the Steelers right now.

I was surprised you didn't go with Devin Bush

Was a toss-up between Bush and Williams (and one another, who will remain nameless until he is drafted). Bush's physical stature put me off taking him.

Was a toss-up between Bush and Williams (and one another, who will remain nameless until he is drafted). Bush's physical stature put me off taking him.
At 5'11, 234 he's not all that different to Devin White (6'0, 237, who seems like a surefire top 5-10 pick in this draft), Bobby Wagner (6'0, 241) or Eric Kendricks (6'0, 232) who all happen to be among his top physical comparisons on mockdraftable.com

6'0, 235-240lbs is the norm for off-ball LBs these days as coverage ability becomes more and more important compared to run stopping ability

At 5'11, 234 he's not all that different to Devin White (6'0, 237, who seems like a surefire top 5-10 pick in this draft), Bobby Wagner (6'0, 241) or Eric Kendricks (6'0, 232) who all happen to be among his top physical comparisons on mockdraftable.com

6'0, 235-240lbs is the norm for off-ball LBs these days as coverage ability becomes more and more important compared to run stopping ability

Yeah Bush's size isn't an issue. He's rising quickly up analysts boards. In today's NFL, your off-ball linebackers need to move similarly to safeties.

Every year I take the Patriots and pick a few behind GreyWind picking for Green Bay and every ****** year the SOB takes the player I wanted. :(

Noah Fant ................. was almost with in my grasp two picks earlier............ but alas.......... I come up short again.

Well the consolation is that I get to enjoy the addition of another Lombardi going to # 1 Patriot Place.

But darn it that GreyWind gets to be annoying. ;)

Last edited:
Every year I take the Patriots and pick a few behind GreyWind and every ****** year the SOB takes the player I wanted. :(

Noah Fant ................. was almost with in my grasp two picks earlier............ but alas.......... I come up short again.

Well the consolation is that I get to enjoy the addition of another Lombardi going to # 1 Patriot Place.

But darn it that GreyWind gets to be annoying. ;)
Happens without fail. We rate the same players and usually pick the same needs for our teams. I had a different strategy coming into the draft but our FA period changed my targets.

You greedy bastards could spread the love with those Lombardi's you know :).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happens without fail. We rate the same players and usually pick the same needs for our teams. I had a different strategy coming into the draft but our FA period changed my targets.

Excellent pick and TBH when I looked at the draft order I was pretty sure that he wouldn't get past your pick so well done.

I have been locked in a Board Strategic Planning meeting all day ... ( thats about as enjoyable as having a root canal ) ... otherwise I may have tried trading down .... I am getting way to old GW and am almost over corporate life .... truth be known I am actually over it ..... just waiting for an honourable exit strategy.

[QUOTE="
You greedy bastards could spread the love with those Lombardi's you know :).[/QUOTE]

I will leave that to the owner Robert Kraft.......... he seems to have been doing that ......... all on his own.

Although I do love the vagaries of The USA.......... A 77 year old Billionaire widower .......... paying for sex ....:worried: ............ surely not.....who would ever have thought that possible. :oops::rolleyes:

But then again The President of the USA does set the tone.

Last edited:
I just need to finish some work-related stuff and then I'll auto-pick for CasuallyDressed unless we get a pick in the next 15 or 20 minutes. Have sent a PM earlier this afternoon.

I was literally writing a post in the board thread when you posted CasuallyDressed !

I had the position right, but was going with a different player...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back