2019 captains VC/C thread (see post 73 for loophole advice)

Is the rolling lockout day by day or game by game?
I don't have him but would I hypothetically be able to go Merrett (VC) into Cogs (C) if the essendon game ends before gws play?
or does lockout reopen only after each day, so my C would have to be a day after my VC plays?

Live

Players only locked out as there game starts

kaisasosai

Team Captain
Mar 16, 2010
Rockingham
AFL Club
Collingwood
Treloar VC (loophole)
Brayshaw activated if Treloar Scores under 110

Wont be trading Rocky in until I see how he plays with Wines in the team as Wines demands a lot of the Pill and is the PA golden boy

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Treloar VC (loophole)
Brayshaw activated if Treloar Scores under 110

Wont be trading Rocky in until I see how he plays with Wines in the team as Wines demands a lot of the Pill and is the PA golden boy
Reckon Wines just isn't versatile enough to be thrown elsewhere like Ebert, Boak, Rockliff etc. Wines and SPP are pretty similar in that they're just suited on the inside and that's it.

Though I do think he could sit on a wing for a bit, he seems to get enough uncontested ball

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Reversed my Zerrett rage trade

Think I'll just see how Grundy, Sloane, Smith, Lloyd and Heeney go first

Probably looking at Sloane VC into Brayshaw/Cogs. Cogs a chance to be tagged by Hutchings, as Brad says, though Sloane will probably cop Hewett also. Think Brayshaw racks them up, Cats midfield prefer to win their own footy and go head to head, should be plenty of points for Brayshaw and Oliver.

Maybe Grundy VC could be the go, doing that in supercoach. Just his ceiling isn't that high in DT though at the moment.

Benji85

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Am I going crazy, I can't put the C on anyone on the bench...has it always been that way? (Just S, T, and E)

Losing my mind, hopefully a swap carries it onto the bench...weird

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Am I going crazy, I can't put the C on anyone on the bench...has it always been that way? (Just S, T, and E)

Losing my mind, hopefully a swap carries it onto the bench...weird
You can never captain a player on your bench

Gotta be 1 of the 22 onfield

If you want to loophole, you VC a player who plays early in the round

If you want his VC score you then captain a non-playing player who plays AFTER your VC, then make sure you have an emergency player set in that position so you don't cop a donut.

The VC score will be activated after the non-playing player's team have played.

Benji85

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
You can never captain a player on your bench

Gotta be 1 of the 22 onfield

If you want to loophole, you VC a player who plays early in the round

If you want his VC score you then captain a non-playing player who plays AFTER your VC, then make sure you have an emergency player set in that position so you don't cop a donut.

The VC score will be activated after the non-playing player's team have played.
Early onset maybe, honestly though I was going bananas. Ta

Agechamp

Club Legend
Feb 25, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If you take your vc score for the loop hole do you just move the C over to anyone on the bench?

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans
If you take your vc score for the loop hole do you just move the C over to anyone on the bench?
No....you put a player on field that is not playing and put them captain, but you have to ensure you select the emergency in that position

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
images

The real MVP

Mar 1, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
I put the VC on Grundy and he's put up a 111.

With my other realistic captain options being Coniglio or Cripps, I'm thinking about taking the 111.

Don't think I'll do the Merrett->Rocky trade so he's not an option (currently).

I haven't taken a VC score this low before, but usually that's because a rolled gold option was available to C.

Last season only about 3 players averaged more than 111 - is there logic in taking it?

I put the VC on Grundy and he's put up a 111.

With my other realistic captain options being Coniglio or Cripps, I'm thinking about taking the 111.

Don't think I'll do the Merrett->Rocky trade so he's not an option (currently).

I haven't taken a VC score this low before, but usually that's because a rolled gold option was available to C.

Last season only about 3 players averaged more than 111 - is there logic in taking it?

Tough call that one.

Luckily I don't have to make it myself.

#Treloar4Life

Back