No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, my brother has some contacts deep in the Swans. Couldn't believe the Saints taking him on for that long. Neither could Hanners, truth be told!
Hannebery was the equivalent of an old, thrashed car up for sale with no RWC and St Kilda was the naïve buyer with more money than sense who was told "yeah so there's been a lot of interest in it and I've actually got a few people coming later today who are ready to buy", and instantly offered double the asking price to ensure they didn't miss out.

Hannebery was the equivalent of an old, thrashed car up for sale with no RWC and St Kilda was the naïve buyer with more money than sense who was told "yeah so there's been a lot of interest in it and I've actually got a few people coming later today who are ready to buy", and instantly offered double the asking price to ensure they didn't miss out.
Ahhhh! banana skins in the diff ;)

I wish hawthorn got Hannebery.

Rough could have used him for tackling demonstrations

Jarryn Geary (captain)
Nathan Brown
Jack Billings
Seb Ross
Tim Membrey

That's the new St.Kilda leadership group, surely close to the least-inspiring in AFL history. I really don't see how they'll turn it around in a hurry even after giving Richo the flick. So many vanilla plodders on that list and so little elite talent outside Jack Steven, who is only really bordering on elite anyway.

I maintain my conspiracy theory Saints cut a deal with the AFL to trade generously above Hannebury's worth to do the AFL Lovechild a favor, in exchange for financial guarantees from head office. The club is $12m in debt so without copious AFL assistance they're staring into the abyss.

Jarryn Geary (captain)
Nathan Brown
Jack Billings
Seb Ross
Tim Membrey

That's the new St.Kilda leadership group, surely close to the least-inspiring in AFL history. I really don't see how they'll turn it around in a hurry even after giving Richo the flick. So many vanilla plodders on that list and so little elite talent outside Jack Steven, who is only really bordering on elite anyway.

I maintain my conspiracy theory Saints cut a deal with the AFL to trade generously above Hannebury's worth to do the AFL Lovechild a favor, in exchange for financial guarantees from head office. The club is $12m in debt so without copious AFL assistance they're staring into the abyss.
I to love a good conspiracy theory.

Jarryn Geary (captain)
Nathan Brown
Jack Billings
Seb Ross
Tim Membrey

This lot would give the saints a run for their money ;)
579A449E-8D41-4F37-888B-65AFCAB0B074.png

Jarryn Geary (captain)
Nathan Brown
Jack Billings
Seb Ross
Tim Membrey

How long until AFL begin to dangle the carrot for Saints to relocate to Tassie and wipe off that debt

I like Hannebury. He gets a ribbing from Hawthorn supporters for that Roughead GF tackle, but he was pretty much the only Swan who never stopped trying on that day. Gave everything. I still wouldn't have given him even a one year deal at the end of last season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really not sure how it’s helps giving up the leadership group to focus on recovery

I’m wondering if it’s for totally different reasons

Why even broadcast that he is stepping away from the leadership group given the amount of scrutiny on the whole situation, particularly after Richardson’s comments on the weekend? Just adding fuel to the fire, bringing more scrutiny to what has been a terrible preseason for the Saints.

Just STFU and get your s**t together in house.

So the two clubs everyone is sticking the boots into this week play against each other Saturday afternoon

Saints lose; was probably expected pre-season so not much of shock. Conversation about Hannerbery and to a lesser extent McCartin goes on

Bummers lose; and it's pretty much blood-bath time. The giants are a good outfit, but a loss against a rabble like StKilda would be enormous. And maybe just a little funny

Leon Cameron being interviewed on 6PR tonight when asked about Coniglio and free agency. Said that, 'Coniglio is a lifer at GWS and will be at the club for the next 7 or 8 years'. Wishful thinking?

Wouldn’t surprise me at all - I’m sure we’ll know soon enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back