Round 2 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you guys sure about waiting on Rocky this week? He just seems so in the mood for fantasy this year. He's talking to the traders (Roy) and making Pig noises apparently. We did not see this at all last year. Yeah he has had a better role this year but i also think he has had a change in mindset. He's now running to the back pocket for some cheap ball, highlighted by 2 marks from backwards kicks in the final minute of the game (seeing that was the most frustrating moment of the season so far). Wines coming back doesn't stop Rocky getting cheap ball in the backline, which has got him an enormous amount of points last round and JLT2.
Another reason I'm tempted to bring him in this week is that he is a legit captain option this week. If Grundy VC fails I'll find it hard to find someone who will go 120+. Cogs will get tagged, I've lost a little fate in Bray due to Gawn struggling a bit, Cripps can have a huge game but rarely junks it up.
Playing forward will stop him getting cheap ball in the backline. Can we be absolutely certain that he plays as a full time mid ??

Playing forward will stop him getting cheap ball in the backline. Can we be absolutely certain that he plays as a full time mid ??
If Ebert stays forward then yes

Gotta remember Wingard was in the side last year too and had significant midfield minutes in the back half of the season

Back then in the back half of the year

Wines
Rockliff
SPP
Wingard
Ebert

Were the main rotation with Boak and Gray playing mainly forward but chopping out whoever when needed

Now
Rockliff
Boak
Drew
SPP

Gray seems to mix it up
Ebert is forward

Only Wines to come back to the midfield mix. If it's similar midfield rotations to last year then Drew will have replaced Wingard while Boak and Ebert have switched roles

I really can't see him playing fwd, in fact I see him going to the backline more often. This was one of the main things I saw in JLT2, he spent a lot of time in the backline just to control a bit of possession. Again in round 1 he went back at the back end of quarters. I think we have just enough data there now.

It's a good role for him that Port obviously likes, he can utilise his accurate short passes to get the ball moving from defence. Port would have to be mad to change Rocky's role now considering how well he has played the last 2 games

I really can't see him playing fwd, in fact I see him going to the backline more often. This was one of the main things I saw in JLT2, he spent a lot of time in the backline just to control a bit of possession. Again in round 1 he went back at the back end of quarters. I think we have just enough data there now.

It's a good role for him that Port obviously likes, he can utilise his accurate short passes to get the ball moving from defence. Port would have to be mad to change Rocky's role now considering how well he has played the last 2 games

Multiple port players said on the weekend that their game plan this year is a bold play on at all cost/attacking strategy.. That is not good for someone like Rockliff.

Anyways, I believe Rockliff is a keeper this year. He's under priced and I'm backing him in to perform. I wouldn't have selected him otherwise.

But if you did a preseason of research on your lineup you obviously had doubts on him (and rightfully too, he's injury prone and coming off a couple of average years with a questionable role. He was a risky selection) and you selected what ever other mid you have for a reason.. Is one game enough sample size to make that trade when price changes don't happen until after round 3?

SmartSelect_20190326-212554_Chrome.jpg

Just for reference this is Rockliff last season. Round number in the middle column and score on the right.
He started the season with 3 poor games then got injured. He then came back in round 8 and killed it looking great with a good role. Many (including myself) traded him in after that round and then had to endure that roller-coaster. Hence why I'm offering advice on the situation.

All this Rocky fever is giving me the jim-jams. Strongly considering Mundy -> DEF rook via Burgess (could be the only useful thing he does all season!) and then MID rook -> Rocky. Just think that $600K would be much better invested in Rocky than Mundy although it will cost two precious trades to perform that restructure across lines.

That would also mean that I would field one extra rookie in the forward line with Parker next in line to take that responsibility. But it sure would be sweet to put the VC on the Rocktsa this weekend hmmmmmm.

No trades this week

Looking at maybe Dunkley to Boak next week after another hitout and possibly Gibbons to cousins.
Maybe a ruck cashgrab if Gawn struggles again.

Rookies went well apart from Burgess who I have forward. Normally early I’m trying to fix the rooks up which makes the above scenario not feel as stupid.

None,

My only glaring underperformer was Gawn (who I put the C on what the * was I thinking), I'm sitting in the 900's so it feels ok, think my captains pick was the thing that really let me down tbh

Grundy and Gawn (and Greene) should pull their fingers out, I'm looking longingly at Westhoff and a replacement for Gawn if he's tagged to s**t every week ala prelim of last year and ports game this year. Greene is so reasonably priced though so he's probably fine for a few middling (60-80) scores yet

Noah Balter on the bench is a worry, but we'll see how he goes. One dud rookie out of the 8-10 I have is pretty good compared to other years

Gawn to Westhoff.

And a possible rookie correction if need be otherwise wait for next week to see Rocky/Boak/sloane likes.

If Ebert stays forward then yes

Gotta remember Wingard was in the side last year too and had significant midfield minutes in the back half of the season

Back then in the back half of the year

Wines
Rockliff
SPP
Wingard
Ebert

Were the main rotation with Boak and Gray playing mainly forward but chopping out whoever when needed

Now
Rockliff
Boak
Drew
SPP

Gray seems to mix it up
Ebert is forward

Only Wines to come back to the midfield mix. If it's similar midfield rotations to last year then Drew will have replaced Wingard while Boak and Ebert have switched roles
Polec spent a bit of time in the midfield as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gawn to Westhoff.

And a possible rookie correction if need be otherwise wait for next week to see Rocky/Boak/sloane likes.

Im think along the same lines.. does this sound silly ?
Gawn > Hoff
Burgess > Powell
Next week
Yeo or Beams > Pig
Gibbons > Cousins

Then no trades for a while unless i have to.

Zerrett copping it on Twitter and Talking Footy

Really conflicted what to do with him

He will either stink it up again or smash out a 120+ in anger

Urgh...
This is the big decision for me this week, too.

I held onto a few underperforming premos too long last season and Zach was one of them. Definitely makes me want to trade him.

But then again, holding trades saw me come home strong in the second half of the season, so I dunno what to do. :think:

Yeo
Gawn > Hoff
Burgess > Powell
Next week
Yeo or Beams > Pig
Gibbons > Cousins

I wouldn't trade Yeo, only had 1 tackle last week. Watch him bounce back this week. Beams looked pretty slow to me last week and with Adams back this week, he should probably be in the gun of those two.

Last edited:
Gawn > Hoff
Burgess > Powell
Next week
Yeo or Beams > Pig
Gibbons > Cousins

As much as many say "no trades after round 1" I don't see 4 corrective trades after round 2 as a terrible thing. Hopefully you may not need any further trades for a few weeks thereafter.

This is the big decision for me this week, too.

I held onto a few underperforming premos too long last season and Zach was one of them. Definitely makes me want to trade him.

But then again, holding trades saw me come home strong in the second half of the season, so I dunno what to do. :think:

Are you playing the competition or more within your league. I like to weigh up players ownership in my league when making trade decisions. Eg if everyone has him then everyone is going suffer together e.g Gawn and Grundy, if only you have Zerret then could make or break

tenor.gif

I want to jump aboard the rocky train but I have no idea how and its frustrating me ! :( :poo::poo::poo::poo::poo::poo::poo::'(
1553663412827.png
Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back