Preview Changes R2 vs Sydney.

Remove this Banner Ad

Clangers and turnovers are two different things get turnovers off footywire and comeback to me

Phewww some people have no idea

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Sledging another quality poster, Marty. Were you at the game? A simple yes or no will suffice.

Turnovers are not the most meaningful stat, clangers are a much better indication of mistakes. Quite a few of the turnovers on Saturday were players kicking to one-on-ones and the Hawthorn player winning the contested possession. This is very different to Milera at the start of the third quarter who kicked it directly to a Hawk, turnover/goal.

Still waiting for you to admit you were wrong about Sicily, plus an apology.

Phewww, some ****wits have no idea.

P.S. Leave *Marty alone, he single handedly turned Doedee into one of the best defenders in the AFL in a single season (and almost destroyed Burton’s career). I’m putting money on Keath making the All Australian Squad if Marty keeps this going.

*Hint; Alicia Silverstone’s best movie

Last edited:
Do they have the capacity, to recognise they have made errors.

Our coaches don’t make mistakes. They’re brilliant planners, so if we fail, it’s the players fault. The coaches actually believe that they never make a mistake. This is why they embarked upon the mind training after the GF loss. It’s because the coaches are all pure genius, no fault there. They’re complete effwits. Literally no idea.

Spot on. It was like a soccer match where one team sat behind the ball, let the other team dominate possession, and then hit them on the break.

A lot of criticism of our forwards, including Tex, but they had no room, the ball movement was too slow into the forward 50 and we turned it over regularly.

They hit us on the break which gave them plenty of space, and they moved the ball quickly.

I like Don, but we were absolutely out coached on Saturday.

To be out coached you need to be a coach. Don is not that. His coaching finished many weeks ago, he wouldn’t be any less useful if he watched from home. He’s a failure, nothing is more certain. Sadly, he won’t even take Campo with him. That cockroach will outlast everyone. We’re furked for st least 5 years.

Our coaches don’t make mistakes. They’re brilliant planners, so if we fail, it’s the players fault. The coaches actually believe that they never make a mistake. This is why they embarked upon the mind training after the GF loss. It’s because the coaches are all pure genius, no fault there. They’re complete effwits. Literally no idea.

Don Pyke literally said he/ they made mistakes last year in a couple of interviews I've heard. Didn't he even apologise at the club b&f?

Team i would pick for round 2
Kelly Talia Lynch
Laird Hartigan Milera
Seedsman Sloane Smith
Davis Keath Knight
Betts Fogarty Gallucci

Jenkins MCrouch BCrouch

Greenwood Himmelberg Gibbs Jones

Out
Mackay omit Doedee inj Douglas inj Walker omit
Jacob's omit Murphy omit Atkins omit

This team fixes our Ruck and Forward problems. It gets the speed back in our forward line. Betts, Gallucci, Knight, Davis provide the pressure. Davis, Keath, Fogarty improve our contested marking immensely. Greenwood resting up forward also helps our marking. Interchange Jones and Knight off half forward. Fogarty provides the physicality and hurt. You can't tell me this isn't a better forward line than:
Lynch Walker Knight
Betts Jenkins Murphy

What will Don do:
Kelly Talia Otten
Laird Keath Seedsman
Atkins Sloane Smith
Lynch Walker Knight
Betts Jenkins Murphy

Jacob's MCrouch BCrouch

Gibbs Atkins Greenwood Gallucci

Out: Doedee inj Douglas inj Jones omit Mackay omit
In: Otten Greenwood Seedsman Gallucci

Result for Don's team: Swans by 5 goals plus.

Last edited:
We did beat our opponents in a number of metrics.

Generally speaking, if you beat your opponents in contested possessions, i50s, clearances and +100 in disposals you'll win the game. In fact if you'd had said that to most people here Saturday morning it would instilled great confidence.

What our dear friend Campo failed to mention is that if you use most of those 100 disposals to give it to the opposition the ball generally goes back over your head.

And instead of seeing the in game result of winning the metric, they focus only on the result of that metric. Hence the attitude that we won the stats that we needed to win, but we were unlucky not to win. It’s like we don’t even consider opponent influence on the game. Campo said that our fundamentals were schmick, no changes necessary. Getting smoked at home by an 8-12 side just a weird happenstance?

Seed goes out - it has to be a like for like replacement - team balance...you know it makes sense.

Seed recovered - we think there’s enough flexibility in the side to cover the loss of Douglas, so Seed and Hartigan will come back in.

You can actually visualise Campo saying this. Camposplaining

Mackay will play ahead of the ball. Jones or Murphy will make way if Seed returns.

A few left fielders below but I believe they are worthy of consideration and provide the rationale for this.

Our injuries give us the opportunity to do some real rethinking and planning for the season rather than just reactive shuffling. We need to make the best of the situation and do out best to turn it into a positive.

The midfield group of Crouch x2, Gibbs, Sloane, Knight, Seeds and Atkins with a few others doing rotations pretty well picks itself atm.

With the Brown and Doedee injuries, we need to reconsider the backs.

Talia is a given and adding Hartigan while retaining Keath means we add height and do not sacrifice pace. I have been saying for some time we have been one too short and do not have a genuine third tall down back.

Here is where we get polemical or controversial and need to make the hard call. Kelly is a big boy with a tank and can rack up possessions, but lacks flair, skill and natural creativity. His ceiling is only so high. I suggest Jones to the back pocket. He has poise and similarities to Tyson Edwards who started his career and cut his teeth back there. He brings a heap of pace and has a tank as well. It is an ideal spot to groom him for a career which hopefully can be as long as Edward's.

Forward we lose Jones to the backs from last weeks team and omit Murphy while Dougie is out with an injury. Greenwood goes forward to give us a third tall with marking ability, tackling pressure and pace. He can also rotate through the middle. Gooch is the obvious Dougie replacement but if he is not ready we have both Stengle who has been in the system for three years and is obviously talented & ready and Ben Davis who has had a good pre season, is performing and ready to go. In placing the team below I am assuming we give Gooch another couple of weeks to get up to full fitness and so can assess Stengle and Davis up forward. Sorry, but this also means we lose Mackay.

If Gooch is fully ready to go then only one of Stengle or Davis.

Jones Talia Keath

Smith Hartigan Laird

Atkins M Crouch Seedsman

Lynch Walker Stengle

Betts Jenkins Greenwood

Sauce B Crouch Sloane

Int: Gibbs Milera Knight Davis

In: Seedsman, Hartigan, Greenwood, Davis, Stengle

Out: Doedee (inj), Douglas (inj), Murphy, Mackay, Kelly.

Greenwood replaces Douglas. He doesnt have the fitness to replace Gibbs

Also I feel you are shuffling players to fix 1 problem that can be solved by Keath playing the intercept role and have Hartigan come in

Seedsman should replace Mackay

Keath had 13 turnovers on the weekend. Not sure I want him in that role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sledging another quality poster, Marty. Were you at the game? A simple yes or no will suffice.

Turnovers are not the most meaningful stat, clangers are a much better indication of mistakes. Quite a few of the turnovers on Saturday were players kicking to one-on-ones and the Hawthorn player winning the contested possession. This is very different to Milera at the start of the third quarter who kicked it directly to a Hawk, turnover/goal.

P.S. Leave *Marty alone, he single handedly turned Doedee into one of the best defenders in the AFL in a single season (and almost destroyed Burton’s career). I’m putting money on Keath making the All Australian Squad if Marty keeps this going.

Um... YEAH!

My picking up Mackays turnovers was in relation to the metres gained, clearly 7 turnovers out of 19 means your metres gained aren’t as effectual especially for a player who offers little else besides his supposed run a carry.

What I wouldn’t do is refer to any of those players as the afl’s new turnover king based on one game. You’ve done that because you’ve preferred Hartigan over Keath from the get go and thought the coaches would as well. You were wrong, hence you’re looking for anything to focus on so once again you can claim to be right.

Hell you cheered Burton getting into the best players against Melbourne as some form of vindication of your Burton v Doedee obsession even though when Doedee got in the best players you still said he was a hack. I would have thought someone who supports the Crows would hope a Crows junior is better than a Port one.
I dont think theres a great deal of difference between harto and keath neither will be guns keath has different strenghts to harto

Both struggle with disposal hartos strenght is beating an oponent one on one and keath is intercept marking

More worried this week about buddy talia struggles to match his pace keath struggles to match his strenght harto may be the only option but always was

I owe no one an apolgy

what makes you think that??? that is quite hilarious to even ask

And who are these AA players Im bagging

I dont think theres a great deal of difference between harto and keath neither will be guns keath has different strenghts to harto

Both struggle with disposal hartos strenght is beating an oponent one on one and keath is intercept marking

More worried this week about buddy talia struggles to match his pace keath struggles to match his strenght harto may be the only option but always was

Keath had one bad game with his disposal so it’s too early to say he struggles with disposal when he’s shown good disposal previously.

I don’t think Hartigan has ever played on Buddy.

Mackay will play ahead of the ball. Jones or Murphy will make way if Seed returns.
Based offthe weekend's game, McKay was not the worst performed so shouldn't be dropped. Murphy, although he tried hard, had basically no impact and IIRC, was on Impey for a fair bit of the game too, so henis first out.
So, it's Murphy, Doedee, Douglas out; Seed, Hartigan and Gucc in if I'm selecting. Jacobs isnon his last warning too after that pathetic performance. He was dominated by McEvoy, particularly around the ground where Sauce just trotted around the square doing his sidesteps that he does while he watches the game unfold

Can't say he played that well when 13 of his 20 disposals resulted in turnovers. If big Kyle did that the board would be in melt down, for the record Hartigan worst Turnover count in a game was 5 last year.
Sahhhh! That doesn't fit the narrative

Based offthe weekend's game, McKay was not the worst performed so shouldn't be dropped. Murphy, although he tried hard, had basically no impact and IIRC, was on Impey for a fair bit of the game too, so henis first out.
So, it's Murphy, Doedee, Douglas out; Seed, Hartigan and Gucc in if I'm selecting. Jacobs isnon his last warning too after that pathetic performance. He was dominated by McEvoy, particularly around the ground where Sauce just trotted around the square doing his sidesteps that he does while he watches the game unfold

They need to bite the bullet with Jacobs sooner or later, they have given him every opportunity to get back to his 2017 form and he hasn't delivered, you would think the only thing that has saved him is the fact ROB hasn't shown anything, ROB needs to stand up and show if he has it or not in the SANFL and clearly dominate

Will Galluci be rushed back in after his injury or go with a player that has done all pre season, you don't rush in players unless its a crouch Sloane gibbs, who have proven quality. Or are they better of giving Murphy another crack

This week will be won on senior players efforts, if Tex and Co fail again we obviously will lose

I know he’s one of my love children, but in all seriousness they need to bite the bullett and get Ben Davis into that side.

He’s currently one of, if not the best contested mark at the club.

As we saw on Saturday we have no arial threat up forward, no one that can break things open when we are static. He’s easily the most like/like replacement for McGovern.

He’s played a full season of SANFL, kicked plenty of goals, had an excellent pre season and was at it again last week end. He’s fit and in form.

I know he’s one of my love children, but in all seriousness they need to bite the bullett and get Ben Davis into that side.

He’s currently one of, if not the best contested mark at the club.

As we saw on Saturday we have no arial threat up forward, no one that can break things open when we are static. He’s easily the most like/like replacement for McGovern.

He’s played a full season of SANFL, kicked plenty of goals, had an excellent pre season and was at it again last week end. He’s fit and in form.

Then he should come in for Douglas and Harto in for doedee

Cant see too many more changes unless they want more disposals out of a player and drop either Murphy or Jones but that seems a little premature, people harp on about giving the young players a go, may aswell leave them in for 3 weeks minimum, its the senior players who failed miserably not the young ones, I Bagged Keath on his turnovers only because 13 is a shitload, but really Harto, isnt a huge improvement they are both so so players although some think Keath is AA material, Keath and Harto are probably the best two KPD's after Talia which tells us about about our list management more than anything else

Remove this Banner Ad

Back