Trades Round 2 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair calls. They did mention Sheed and Newnes a number of times but didn't feel confident based on previous seasons.
But you can't say they only look at big/familiar names (eg. Rocky) given as you also said they didn't get him, which was probably a prudent thing to do.

You've done well with your off-centre/gem picks - run with them! We weren't all smart enough ;)

Nah I more meant during the off-season, not their most recent podcast. I more meant they only look at names after they've become popularized - i.e. Rocky after the fact. Newnes, Boak, Phillips etc. weren't suggested during their pre-season podcasts, and even after both JLT's. They got on Sheed after his first JLT, but didn't do all the research themselves.

Haha, it's definitely not just me. We're all in this. Guys like Boak wouldn't have presented themselves had guys like PAFC27 not given us the goss on intraclub hitouts. A few of us jumped on Sheed and guys like Milera got put up by VSTone. Don't want to act as if I'm the only insider, just think that as a collective, that our community is ahead of The Traders now, with our combined info

That is a really strong structure. Having the 3 best mid rookies on field is so good, I definitely went too premo heavy in the mids. Merrett is the weakest link I can see but I reckon he'll bounce back this week. Merrett to Taranto is a good option, or you could try and bring in Worpel for Elliot. Elliot wasn't bad but I reckon a rookie like Parker/Schultz isn't too far behind him in terms of scoring
Only have 25k to play with before trades. Merrett to Taranto makes it about 40k

Would have to do something a bit more drastic (Merrett to Sheed or Williams to Clark) to have enough coin to go Elliott to Worpel

What are my main trouble areas ?

Lloyd, Whitfield, Witherden, Williams, Duursma, Scrimshaw (Burgess, Hore)
Cripps, M.Crouch, Merrett, Rockliff, B.Crouch, Walsh, Scott, Constable (Gibbons, Atkins)
Grundy, Goldstein (Fort, Cameron)
Dangerfield, Heeney, Kelly, Elliott, Setterfield, Drew (Balta, Parker)

At this stage I'm leading with Merrett to Taranto (playing the price rise and form differences) and not sure on the other.
Heeney or Williams weren't fantastic but I think that dumping them after 1 game is a bit much. The only rookie I missed out on is Schultz. Can't get to Clark easily unfortunately (would have been a good swap for Burgess)
Does Merret to Sheed work? then Burgess to Clark?

Does Merret to Sheed work? then Burgess to Clark?
It does, and I was considering a move like this earlier in the week.

I do worry about Sheed when Gaff returns, and whether or not he can maintain keeper status throughout a year. He was running into all the same places Gaff usually does on the weekend.

Although I guess we also need to see Taranto with Kelly in the side. Risks everywhere if you look hard enough

Not when there are better rookies available. Gotta get those cows mooing. I'll probably go Balta to Scott via Drew and Burgess to Duursma. Happy to back in my premos and midpricers for the short term
Completely agree with this. Fatten up the cows at this stage of the season.

Thinking Gibbons to Scott in the mids.

Any defenders I need? I’d like to trade Collins to someone who’ll “show me the money”. Already have Duursma, Clark, Hope and Burgess in the backline.

Alternatively, thinking of Angus Brayshaw to Rocky as my second trade.

Last edited:

I do worry about Sheed when Gaff returns, and whether or not he can maintain keeper status throughout a year. He was running into all the same places Gaff usually does on the weekend.

Although I guess we also need to see Taranto with Kelly in the side. Risks everywhere if you look hard enough

Sheed played with Gaff in the the team during JLT and did the same, reckon the worry is with Shuey, Gaff and Sheed.

*edit...dont know how I got the double quote

Completely agree with this. Flatten up the cows at this stage of the season.

Thinking Gibbons to Scott in the mids.

Any defenders I need? I’d like to trade Collins to someone who’ll “show me the money”. Already have Duursma, Clark, Hope and Burgess in the backline.

Alternatively, thinking of Angus Brayshaw to Rocky as my second trade.
A little contradictory there dude, in one breathe you say "fatten up the cows" Then throw up Brayshaw>Rocky

Brayshaw is a keeper, cant go off 1 game

KPP rooks(Collins/Burgess) are always a prob (from my 1 yrs experience playing this game) I would lose both for others.

Last edited:
A little contradictory there dude, in one breathe you say "fatten up the cows" Then throw up Brayshaw>Rocky

Brayshaw is a keeper, cant go off 1 game

KPP rooks(Collins/Burgess) are always a prob (from my 1 yrs experience playing this game) I would lose both for others.

My priority at this point in the season is making money out of players. Clearly getting the best cows in the paddock is the first priority - hence the question about targets for Collins and the trade for Scott as my first priorities.

Alternatively, if there aren’t any more compelling cows I should target, moving Brayshaw to Rocky will almost certainly create some additional value. I’m not really keen on ditching Brayshaw, but it’s somewhat simplistic to take a rule of thumb (don’t trade keepers) and discount any potentially beneficial moves as a result.

Any thoughts on the others I should target at the expense of Collins/Burgess?

My priority at this point in the season is making money out of players. Clearly getting the best cows in the paddock is the first priority - hence the question about targets for Collins and the trade for Scott as my first priorities.

Alternatively, if there aren’t any more compelling cows I should target, moving Brayshaw to Rocky will almost certainly create some additional value. I’m not really keen on ditching Brayshaw, but it’s somewhat simplistic to take a rule of thumb (don’t trade keepers) and discount any potentially beneficial moves as a result.

Any thoughts on the others I should target at the expense of Collins/Burgess?
All good mate, not having a 'go' at you.
As you said 'not keen on ditching Brayshaw' and I'd run with that for a while at least.
From what you posted I think you have....Collins, Duursma, Clark, Hore, and Burgess in the Def? Do you have Drew, Setters, Parker Fwd and Walsh, Scott, Constable (Atkins, Gibbons) mids? Cos it's hard to say what to do unless we know the rest of the set up

Not looking at trades until teams have dropped. To many times last year i did trades and had to reverse when teams dropped

Puhleeeease... the rage trade instantly after lockout opens is the single greatest rush in satisfaction for DTing each week. When you can erase someone or bring someone in for those magical 5 days with no consequence.

You've done it... dont lie to us!

He had 6 centre clearances and looked like he belonged there. He’s an up and coming player. Scully will be in there but surely cousins makes way not worpel . Wingard will be a Dunkley type who will play forward and back.
Worpel will continue playing as a full Mid. He’s primed for a breakout year.
Hopefully he does well I’m fortunate I can bring him in because I basically nailed every value pick
Back it in man👌

All good mate, not having a 'go' at you.
As you said 'not keen on ditching Brayshaw' and I'd run with that for a while at least.
From what you posted I think you have....Collins, Duursma, Clark, Hore, and Burgess in the Def? Do you have Drew, Setters, Parker Fwd and Walsh, Scott, Constable (Atkins, Gibbons) mids? Cos it's hard to say what to do unless we know the rest of the set up

Yep, already have those cows except Atkins and Scott. Bringing in Scott for Gibbons as trade 1. Just don’t see any compelling cows in defence. Anyone I’m missing?

Otherwise Brayshaw might be on the block.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The amount of people trading Gus Bray to Rocky is insane, seen it everywhere on twitter. It seems like the people who got on Bray only based on JLT are the ones more likely to trade him out. Bray is suddenly going to be quite unique by the looks of it...
Not saying I'm not contemplating silly trades myself. I'm sold on getting Rocky in and have looked at trading Cripps/Gawn/Dunkley. If Clarke is named for essendon then Gawn probably goes. If not, most likely Dunkley goes. Cripps out seems insane but it allows me to field Scott which is better than fielding the fwd rookie I bring in. Still yet to decide what to do.
I think Bray though is next level and on a tier with Cogs and Macrae. Huge call saying he is a top 3 mid but I reckon he is. We'll see the best of Bray once Gawn starts dominating. Bray did very well to ton up last week considering Gawn was a spud all game. Normally we see Gawn feeding Bray and Oliver all day.

Only have 25k to play with before trades. Merrett to Taranto makes it about 40k

Would have to do something a bit more drastic (Merrett to Sheed or Williams to Clark) to have enough coin to go Elliott to Worpel
If you can get Worpel, I'd almost go Sheed over Taranto. Remember, we haven't seen Taranto with Kelly in the side yet, also Ward needs to come back in. I do like Taranto a little more but Sheed can more than match him I reckon. Only thing is that Sheed relies on possessions a lot since he hardly tackles. He will dominate when WCE are in control but will slow down when they are not. Look at his qtr by qtr scoring last week.

The amount of people trading Gus Bray to Rocky is insane, seen it everywhere on twitter. It seems like the people who got on Bray only based on JLT are the ones more likely to trade him out. Bray is suddenly going to be quite unique by the looks of it...
Not saying I'm not contemplating silly trades myself. I'm sold on getting Rocky in and have looked at trading Cripps/Gawn/Dunkley. If Clarke is named for essendon then Gawn probably goes. If not, most likely Dunkley goes. Cripps out seems insane but it allows me to field Scott which is better than fielding the fwd rookie I bring in. Still yet to decide what to do.
I think Bray though is next level and on a tier with Cogs and Macrae. Huge call saying he is a top 3 mid but I reckon he is. We'll see the best of Bray once Gawn starts dominating. Bray did very well to ton up last week considering Gawn was a spud all game. Normally we see Gawn feeding Bray and Oliver all day.

Exactly my thoughts. Let the bandwagoners jump off again I say. I stuck with him all pre-season before the hype, hope his ownership goes right back down again and bites people in the ass

Fix double rookies or bring in Worpel?

End up with Wilkie on field with Duursma and Scrimshaw which isn’t the greatest..

The comparison ends up being.. Smith and Parker vs Worpel and Wilkie

I’m liking everyone jumping off because the only reason I went with him in the first place was his uniqueness. He’s a riskier pick compared to guys like Cogs and Treloar so his ownership % was most valuable. Ended up going with him anyway but was very uncertain after everyone jumped on board as there were other less risky options that no one had. Will be very happy if everyone abandons him for Rocky.

Yep, already have those cows except Atkins and Scott. Bringing in Scott for Gibbons as trade 1. Just don’t see any compelling cows in defence. Anyone I’m missing?

Otherwise Brayshaw might be on the block.
Ballard has posted good scores, now a mid pricer though. Same with Naughton.
DPP in Rozee might be better than cheaper guys like McKay, Burgess, Collins.
Just look for midfielder types that have def status. Slim pickings at present. (Wilkie?)

Nah I more meant during the off-season, not their most recent podcast. I more meant they only look at names after they've become popularized - i.e. Rocky after the fact. Newnes, Boak, Phillips etc. weren't suggested during their pre-season podcasts, and even after both JLT's. They got on Sheed after his first JLT, but didn't do all the research themselves.

Haha, it's definitely not just me. We're all in this. Guys like Boak wouldn't have presented themselves had guys like PAFC27 not given us the goss on intraclub hitouts. A few of us jumped on Sheed and guys like Milera got put up by VSTone. Don't want to act as if I'm the only insider, just think that as a collective, that our community is ahead of The Traders now, with our combined info
I also suggested Tex Walker might be useful but sadly it looks like he doesn't football anymore.

It would be nice if the Tigers slot Markov into their defense this week. Any Tigers fans with thoughts on how he'll go fantasy wise if he gets a gig?

Puhleeeease... the rage trade instantly after lockout opens is the single greatest rush in satisfaction for DTing each week. When you can erase someone or bring someone in for those magical 5 days with no consequence.

You've done it... dont lie to us!

Oh don't get me wrong i raged traded straight away as well but have reversed and left it alone since:p

What’s everyone thoughts on Wilkie? Wanna get rid of Burgees and Balta and can only afford Wilkie if I’m bringing in Parker for Balta...?

Wasn't a fan of it at the start of the week but I'm understanding the logic behind trading a Cripps/Brayshaw type to Rocky. Unless you've got Merrett or Dusty it's a big challenge. My thinking is Rocky should average at least 105 playing the role he is this year, and that's being conservative. He looks fit and Hinkley wants him playing that role. Port definitely seem to have a more Fantasy friendly playstyle this year.

I hate trading premiums early in the year, but given it's only Round 2, for one trade you can almost get away with it. The reason is purely cash generation purposes. Main aim for everyone each year should be to have 22 premiums on field by the end of the bye weeks. This year most people have started less premiums than before due to all the value in the mid price range. Quite a few of those guys look like keepers, at least to a point where you can side swap premiums for cash and their runs home.

For me, my initial thought was Williams to a rookie in defence then Libba up to Rocky. Problem is it generates little to no cash, yes I get a premium in Rocky but eventually if all goes to plan Libba and Williams would become premiums for maybe $150k-$200k combined. That's easy enough for rookie downgrades in a week.

Anyway, that's my thinking out loud right now. It's tough and a unique situation this early in the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back