Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFLL

Senior List
Sep 23, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Let's be real here........ Will be the same teams finishing up the top and bottom like all years.

100% they will.....most likely will. Diggers, Riddell, Macedon Rupo surely Wallan. Why the comp has a final 6 is beyond me. Have a final 5, make the efforts of Romsey Woodend trying to break into a final 5 a real competition and provide interest. I assume Lancefield are fine, and at this stage Broadford and Rockbank are fielding teams. The draw will again influence final ladder positions, but with 7/8 teams that have even a slim hope of playing finals why we have a final 6... well enough said. Personally I don't care what other comps are doing, this comp needs to fight for its very survival and that starts at junior level and importantly that 16-19 year old player. Revert back to under 18's. Stuff doing what the other comps are doing if it is actually hurting this comp.

David G

Club Legend
May 8, 2017
Palm cove
AFL Club
Collingwood
100% they will.....most likely will. Diggers, Riddell, Macedon Rupo surely Wallan. Why the comp has a final 6 is beyond me. Have a final 5, make the efforts of Romsey Woodend trying to break into a final 5 a real competition and provide interest. I assume Lancefield are fine, and at this stage Broadford and Rockbank are fielding teams. The draw will again influence final ladder positions, but with 7/8 teams that have even a slim hope of playing finals why we have a final 6... well enough said. Personally I don't care what other comps are doing, this comp needs to fight for its very survival and that starts at junior level and importantly that 16-19 year old player. Revert back to under 18's. Stuff doing what the other comps are doing if it is actually hurting this comp.
Top 5 is the way to go

Dec 30, 2003
Melbourne western region
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bulldogs / Willy / Palace
Tell me it’s not so rdfnl. Macedon, Broadford, Romsey and Rockbank all pulled out of 19’s. Is that correct???
The Word at the lanny pub not always correct.
If it’s correct makes the decision to change the under age to odd years a stinker.

U19 just desn't work at local level. WRFL went there last season started the year with only 7 teams (finished with only 5). Have reverted back to U18 (maybe 18.5) this year and have recovered to 13 teams.

It Is Me

Senior List
Aug 30, 2006
Anywhere there is footy
AFL Club
Richmond
WFNC 1989 Premiership Reunion and Past Players & Officials Day is coming up very soon! All welcome from every era. For more information see flyer below or contact Robbie Fowler 0417 116 711

Attachments

• C01D5924-730E-4550-8544-D649DF2CA371.jpeg
    C01D5924-730E-4550-8544-D649DF2CA371.jpeg
    184 KB · Views: 140
Congratulations to two champions of our league this weekend on their milestone games.

Stu Clarke at Diggers for 200 games, has been a staple of the Diggers line up for several years and a great leader for their club.

Tom Mainey, in today’s game of poaching and ridiculous money, this guy could walk into any team he wanted, but hasn’t, he has stuck by the Rockbank FSC every single step of the way. One of the most genuine people I have had the pleasure of meeting and his achievement of 350 games this weekend is significant, not only for Horse, but the club.

Good luck gents

Humphrey BB

All Australian
Aug 29, 2016
Port Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Black Ducks, Leedy Lions
Macedon up 35 to 25 at ht
Macedon by 14 pnts over a typically undisciplined Riddell outfit who just wouldn’t man up. Nolan first ruck for Riddell, no serious second ruck option, Macedon look pretty good, similar game style to usual but oppo coaches listen, if u don’t man Macedon up outta their backline u t toast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
Bloody big wrap to Broadford today. Really took it to Wallan and weren't really deserving of the final margin. The red headed backman #80? for them was really good and another youngster stood out too, I just can't remember his number.

Brock and Barton were awesome for Wallan who suffered from a lack of cohesion. Will be better for the run with Brock and Mahoney in the middle working with the midfield.

bont1987

Rookie
May 23, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Macedon by 14 pnts over a typically undisciplined Riddell outfit who just wouldn’t man up. Nolan first ruck for Riddell, no serious second ruck option, Macedon look pretty good, similar game style to usual but oppo coaches listen, if u don’t man Macedon up outta their backline u t toast.
Yep riddell definitely had there chances to win the game but undiscipline and some easy missed shots when they were on top was the difference in the end. Credit to macedon with Matt dick and knoxy not playing to get the win, massive for them. James Wright looked great in a new role off the half back and they had no answers for Jason cooke up forward. Will be interesting to watch how riddell go about it for the rest of the year, teams can really exploit there lack of ruckman and defence, still a very good team though, urqhart looked great especially when moved forward, Paterson was very solid through the wing and middle and foreman who had the 50 to himself for a lot of the game looked dangerous and probably should’ve kicked 4 or 5 if he had his kicking boots on.

Dons81

Team Captain
Feb 17, 2013
Backstage
AFL Club
Essendon
Thought Nolan actually did pretty well in the ruck.

Riddell are still going to be difficult to beat in my opinion. There top 6-7 is as good as anyone.

barfly

Team Captain
Nov 22, 2005
tent
Other Teams
essendon
No surprises on weekends results.
Flicking through the lists was good to see Scanlan back for Rupo.I wish him well and can see him being a good senior footballer.Was very surprised to see a certain Rupo forward (copped plenty of criticism from me and others on forum last year)still playing seniors?

Its been mentioned previously Wallan have a favourable draw which is true (only playing 2 finalists twice) however a five game block starting Anzac weekend Diggers home
Rupo away
Riddell away
Macedon away
Woodend home
This will certainly give an insight into their prospects for the season.Davies is irreplaceable but the late inclusion of ruckman Brock brightens the landscape.
Would appear even at this early stage top teams are going to have at least 6 very easy games whereby key players can be rested throughout season.

Nov 27, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
No surprises on weekends results.
Flicking through the lists was good to see Scanlan back for Rupo.I wish him well and can see him being a good senior footballer.Was very surprised to see a certain Rupo forward (copped plenty of criticism from me and others on forum last year)still playing seniors?

Its been mentioned previously Wallan have a favourable draw which is true (only playing 2 finalists twice) however a five game block starting Anzac weekend Diggers home
Rupo away
Riddell away
Macedon away
Woodend home
This will certainly give an insight into their prospects for the season.Davies is irreplaceable but the late inclusion of ruckman Brock brightens the landscape.
Would appear even at this early stage top teams are going to have at least 6 very easy games whereby key players can be rested throughout season.
I take it your talking about Nick Grigg, Barfly?

AFLL

Senior List
Sep 23, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Round 1 and hopefully a really exciting final series in a few months time. Some interesting results from weekend, three losses in the seniors from between 15 - 35 goals, in the reserves we had a 10 goal win, a 15 goal win, a 21 goal win, a 38 goal win and a 39 goal win. There is going to be some clubs preying they don't get injury as the reserve comp looks shot. The under 19's albeit with only 7 teams seems the most competitive comp.

Waddington

Debutant
Aug 17, 2009
sunbury
AFL Club
Collingwood
Agree with AFLL and the 2s comp. Will only be out of a few teams who can win it.
Interesting round 1 results. Decided on the Diggers Rupo game instead of going to see macedon riddell which was pretty willing for the first 3 quarters although a bit scratchy from both teams being round 1. The first 3 quarters was tight with both teams relying on some brilliance for goals. It felt like Diggers had another gear to go to and they did in the last. Agree with their coach in the paper, rupo didnt turn up in the last quarter. Their top line players barely touched it (which they rely on heavily) and Diggers at home stepped it up a gear and really dominated the last quarter. The new midfielder rupo have found plenty of the ball and looks to be a good pick up although his ball use is poor. Didnt notice any of the others? The few new players Diggers have will have a big impact come the end of the year. A couple of them are genuinely fast which will suit the big grounds come finals.
Surprised the ugly incident hasnt been mentioned on here where a young female rupo supporter got involved in a scuffle with some of the players and grabbed a diggers player over the fence . Shocking behaviour but i will say was handled extremely well by the Rupo president who just walked over and told her to leave. Just can't happen at any level of sport.
heard different reports on the Macedon Riddell game but the over whelming response has been it was riddells discipline that proved one of the main differences. I dont understand how it keeps being tolerated. Imagine the shock when you then see some of those players who were the culprits named in the best ? If it is tolerated in home and away then it will come back to bite you in a big final which is what we saw last year. Urqhart turned the game when he went forward and seems to be the pick up they have hoped for.
Running around, bumping blokes, getting frustrated and mouthing off is not tough. Its the opposite. Just means you are putting your self before the team. Interesting to see what happens at the tribunal with one of their stars up this week.
I still believe the draw is going to have the biggest impact on where teams finish up with such an uneven comp.
Well done to all the winners. looking forward to round 2 !

Last edited:

Psycho Babble

Draftee
May 6, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Agree with AFLL and the 2s comp. Will only be out of a few teams who can win it.
Interesting round 1 results. Decided on the Diggers Rupo game instead of going to see macedon riddell which was pretty willing for the first 3 quarters although a bit scratchy from both teams being round 1. The first 3 quarters was tight with both teams relying on some brilliance for goals. It felt like Diggers had another gear to go to and they did in the last. Agree with their coach in the paper, rupo didnt turn up in the last quarter. Their top line players barely touched it (which they rely on heavily) and Diggers at home stepped it up a gear and really dominated the last quarter. The new midfielder rupo have found plenty of the ball and looks to be a good pick up although his ball use is poor. Didnt notice any of the others? The few new players Diggers have will have a big impact come the end of the year. A couple of them are genuinely fast which will suit the big grounds come finals.
Surprised the ugly incident hasnt been mentioned on here where a young female rupo supporter got involved in a scuffle with some of the players and grabbed a diggers player over the fence . Shocking behaviour but i will say was handled extremely well by the Rupo president who just walked over and told her to leave. Just can't happen at any level of sport.
heard different reports on the Macedon Riddell game but the over whelming response has been it was riddells discipline that proved one of the main differences. I dont understand how it keeps being tolerated. Imagine the shock when you then see some of those players who were the culprits named in the best ? If it is tolerated in home and away then it will come back to bite you in a big final which is what we saw last year. Urqhart turned the game when he went forward and seems to be the pick up they have hoped for.
Running around, bumping blokes, getting frustrated and mouthing off is not tough. Its the opposite. Just means you are putting your self before the team. Interesting to see what happens at the tribunal with one of their stars up this week.
I still believe the draw is going to have the biggest impact on where teams finish up with such an uneven comp.

From the reports i have heard, he got 5 weeks last night and can probably count himself extremely lucky thats all it was.

I can’t remember the last time I saw a Riddell game without poor discipline. Probably back when Nick Ash was captain.

Humphrey BB

All Australian
Aug 29, 2016
Port Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Black Ducks, Leedy Lions
From the reports i have heard, he got 5 weeks last night and can probably count himself extremely lucky thats all it was.

I can’t remember the last time I saw a Riddell game without poor discipline. Probably back when Nick Ash was captain.
I gotta say the crowd went silent near the report when the loudmouth Riddell supporter called the umpire a ******* and said the charge would be thrown out like those in th GF. Wonderful behaviour and not a surprise the players carryon like they do, they are applauded for such behaviour by the faithful.

Saber01

Debutant
Sep 21, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Great post, you’d think riddell would have identified their dicipline as an area they need to improve on after it cost them in the grand final.

David G

Club Legend
May 8, 2017
Palm cove
AFL Club
Collingwood
Good to see Broadford able to score a few goals although comprehensively beaten, hope they take on the opposition and continue to try hitting the score board nothing worse then trying to defend and get smashed week in week out, Doing that will help develop there game and youg players moving forward .
Notice two new grounds flying over rockbank the other day amongst the new estate will they be moving onto there eventually .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back