What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's weird, because an article he wrote on Monday was actually quite positive on the Dogs. Then you get to the click bait style writing and he unapologetically shits all over our club. I really don't get this dude

He's a nobody, trying to be a somebody.

Like standing in quicksand, the harder you fight, the worse it gets.

Aaron Naughton probably reads bigfooty. Pocket profile on the dogs app, one answer is Shane Biggs, never forget
There's a whole heap of the never forget stuff out there. Pretty sure it didn't start here. That YouTube guy did it first.

It became noticeable to me when we were s**t at the same time as Melbourne. All the heat was on Melbourne because they were so abysmal, and I think that made Lyon bitter. In a "BUT THOSE GUYS ARE s**t TOO" kind of way.
Probably goes back further though. In any case, it remains hilarious watching him attempt to say something positive about us.
Yes in the Oxford Dictionary (audio book version) under "Disingenuous" there is a sound bite of Garry Lion using monosyllabic words with positive connotations in a poorly constructed sentence about the Bulldogs.

Im starting to think that Bevo has gotten under Damo's amphibian skin.

Its clearly an itch he can't help but scratch and its amusing as ****!

View attachment 648314
It's so obvious. Change "we wonder why" to "he shouldn't have worried" and suddenly it's a positive take and says the exact same thing. But the way he's worded it makes it sound like something sinister is happening.

Im starting to think that Bevo has gotten under Damo's amphibian skin.

Its clearly an itch he can't help but scratch and its amusing as ****!

View attachment 648314

Implying we’re playing better due to Bev not having as much influence during games haha

What a petty campaigner

It's so obvious. Change "we wonder why" to "he shouldn't have worried" and suddenly it's a positive take and says the exact same thing. But the way he's worded it makes it sound like something sinister is happening.
Not so much sinister. He's questioning Bevo's match day competence by suggesting the players are going better and making better/the right decisions without his direction/influence thru the runners.
He's a total b**ch but I actually found this one mildly amusing.

Not so much sinister. He's questioning Bevo's match day competence by suggesting the players are going better and making better/the right decisions without his direction/influence thru the runners.
He's a total b**ch but I actually found this one mildly amusing.

I think its a little more pettily benign than that.

Lacking any kind of self-awareness, he's insinuating that Beveridge is a blowhard and making mountains out of molehills, which is somewhat ironic.

You are right about it being chuckle inducing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think its a little more pettily benign than that.

Lacking any kind of self-awareness, he's insinuating that Beveridge is a blowhard and making mountains out of molehills, which is somewhat ironic.

You are right about it being chuckle inducing.
What’s most amusing is that Barrett seems to think he has some sort of standing in AFL circles and is a figure of the game, when in reality he’s a dumpster diving nobody. Would be well down the list of best AFL journos.

What’s most amusing is that Barrett seems to think he has some sort of standing in AFL circles and is a figure of the game, when in reality he’s a dumpster diving nobody. Would be well down the list of best AFL journos.
And yet we talk about him every week. Every single week.

"Mission accomplished", thinks Barrett.

Personally I'm happy for people to post what he writes here. Means less people will click his articles because they are posted here.

It also gives people a direct means of pulling apart his pettiness, with our pettiness.

His Sliding Doors piece on us is another passive aggressive crack at Bevo, as expected, but his piece for Hawthorn takes the cake. Couldn’t help himself but to lay the boots into us through another club. I actually find it quite amusing now how infatuated he is with us.

His Sliding Doors piece on us is another passive aggressive crack at Bevo, as expected, but his piece for Hawthorn takes the cake. Couldn’t help himself but to lay the boots into us through another club. I actually find it quite amusing now how infatuated he is with us.

Embarrassed for him to say I called it:

You just know his “sliding doors” on Friday morning will touch on the benefit of our free kicks won, rather than a young side being on the up that was mostly written off by all the pundits a few months ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back