Preview Round 4, 2019: St Kilda v Hawthorn, 14 April 2019, 3.20pm at Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leading the stat because he can’t kick so he handballs it off.
Ha, you do realise all of his handballs are to blokes in better position as per team instructions right? You do realise for every goal there’s a goal assist, right?
Can I also mention the goal he kicked last week where he started behind his man and finished 5m in front in the space of 20m. No one else can do that. He’s got elite pace. We just pop it over his head and we’re off to the races as no one can catch him.

FWIW: Howe in , Mirra out if JOM plays , Howe needs game time to prepare for Dangerfield. Mirra in if JOM doesn’t.
Rough in for Moore.
Bench : Ceglar, Scrimshaw, Scully and Howe.

Ha, you do realise all of his handballs are to blokes in better position as per team instructions right? You do realise for every goal there’s a goal assist, right?
Can I also mention the goal he kicked last week where he started behind his man and finished 5m in front in the space of 20m. No one else can do that. He’s got elite pace. We just pop it over his head and we’re off to the races as no one can catch him.

Thats why if I was his manager I’d be engaging the Melbourne Rebel’s, he’s an elite athlete and would be better served on the wing in union imo.

I'd be interested in the exact definition of goal assist actually. I see now they also have score involvements and score launches.

If I was to guess:-

Involvement - any disposal in a scoring chain.
Assist - the last disposal prior to that of the goal kicker
Launch - the disposal that begun the core chain

Nash has 5 GA in 3 games. I certainly don't think it was a case of "those 5 goals are down to him" although he's definitely given off a few little deft handballs that have been important. However the stat itself doesn't mean the disposal in and of itself was anything special.

Breust on the other hand has 4 GAs yet it feels like he's been critical in many of the goals we have scored this year.

But anyway a good start but I'd like to see some more run downs and tackles, or at least some turnovers from the inferred pressure of his chase. We have enough quality to score without him and will create scoring chains whether he's involved or not. He needs to make his thing that chaos that Cyril caused (and Poppy used to) with the manic chases and run downs. Whether he gets a credit for a GA from such a turnover might not happen but it will make him infinitely more valuable.
An assist is the last disposal but only if that disposal reaches a team mate on the full. So all of riloi’s taps etc never counted as goal assists.

Happy with Howe, hopefully he plays need him against Geelong regardless... I know that is looking forward but Saints also have a couple of big guys like Ross or Acres or a bull like Stevens who is shorter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FWIW: Howe in , Mirra out if JOM plays , Howe needs game time to prepare for Dangerfield. Mirra in if JOM doesn’t.
Rough in for Moore.
Bench : Ceglar, Scrimshaw, Scully and Howe.
Not.sure why Mirra goes out. Has been ok. Frees up Sicily more importantly.

If Jom doesn’t playe we need to bring in Howe and miles and then play hardwick and impey through the midfield. Howe in regardless I’d guess but rough also to come in.

Hardwick has never played through midfield has he? Why would the coaches start with that move now???

Hardwick has never played through midfield has he? Why would the coaches start with that move now???
He has every tool he needs to be a midfielder (question mark on his tank). His under 18 coach said the only reason he played forward was due to tank. I’d suggest he run through for 5 mins a quarter only. His hardness and skill are needed. He is too good to just be a back pocket exclusively.

If Jom doesn’t playe we need to bring in Howe and miles and then play hardwick and impey through the midfield. Howe in regardless I’d guess but rough also to come in.
That could be quite disruptive to our backline structure

It’s like Nash has only played 8 games. What more do you want from him? I get his set shot kicking is an issue, but that’s fixable in time.

Learning your craft in the seniors while we’re trying to play finals is what I am not a fan of, I’d prefer him at Box Hill. In saying that I love being proven wrong when it comes to Hawk players kicking on, but at present his 9 possessions, 2 tackles and 2 marks a game doesn’t cut it for mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back