Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Even thought there’s fire damage, it’s going to be cheaper to put a new roof and spire than renovate the old one, which would still be inadequate.

No evidence, but this is getting in early

A clip posted in Reddit. As I know 0 French I'll post a quote from the thread.

ex-chief architect of Notre Dame de Paris it amazes me a lot 17/04/2019 LCI, the 16.04.2019 Benjamin Mouton (Chief Architect in charge of Notre-Dame until 2013): "the fire could not start from a short circuit, from a single punctual incident. It takes a real calorific load at the start to launch such a disaster. Oak is a particularly resistant wood. " (Link) https://www.batiactu.com/edito/notre-... An important fire detection and protection device "in 40 years of experience, I have never experienced a fire of this kind," says the one who believes that the fire protection set up in the Cathedral was at its highest level. "When I dealt with fire detection, which was a very expensive device, it took very few minutes for an agent to go to the lifting of doubt, we had many wooden doors replaced by fire doors, we limited all electrical appliances, which were forbidden in the attic, "he says to Batiactu. "It takes a real calorific load at the start to launch such a disaster. The oak is a particularly resistant wood. "the mystery about the causes of the fire remains thus whole. An expert in the construction sector also confides his misunderstanding with Batiactu: "the fire was not able to start from a short circuit, from a single punctual incident. It takes a real calorific load at the start to launch such a disaster. Oak is a particularly resistant wood. "

Reddit Link

Do your own homework.. it’s out of control. This is all over Europe. Especially with the new immigrates coming in.
I’m trying to do my homework. I just read an incredibly vague statistic and I’m asking it’s author to clarify it.

I’ve lived in Europe for 30 years, petal. I’m quite aware of the situation.

I started this thread before but was told I had to re-do and stick to the Big Footy forums new rules of not including anything hypothetical ( I have copies of that specific instruction from a particular Mod who didn't want this information made available on the site, nothing hypothetical allowed). You know just as we stick to never hypothesising over included ins and outs in teams, or hypothesise over coaches or players or AFL games etc.

As such below is strictly fact, as found by French Courts 3 days prior to the Notre Dame Incident.

3 days prior to Notre Dame being destroyed French Courts convicted one of a group of jihadist supporters recruited by Oumar Diaw, also known as Abou Barrou, an influential jihadist of the Islamic State group, of plotting and encouraging terrorist attacks. An 8 year sentence was handed down with more charges and more member individuals to follow, including being charged with planning to set fire to and blow up Gas Cylinders at Notre Dame Cathedral. Once again this happened 3 days prior to Notre Dame Cathedral going up.

This is a link to the factual article.

https://www.thejournal.ie/france-ja...oiled-terror-attack-in-paris-4590216-Apr2019/

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you do if a planned attack has been discovered, your entire group identified with most arrested and your best friend/family member has just been put away for 8 years? The original target is now well securitised during the day and you no longer have access to any real damaging explosives/equipment or "compardres" to help. How do you send a message of support for the cause and all the work the group put into the original Notre Dame plan? You know it has to happen soon with the first group member just found guilty of associated crimes and put in prison for 8 years with no success.

Hmm. Well I can't organise another big attack on the same target during the day, I can't organise another group, but what I can do, with a little planning, at night, after security is reduced and all the workers have left................!!!

Last edited:
It was definitely arson....By whom is the question.

I certainly don't buy the 'jihadist' Muslim line for one.

It hasn't been claimed as theirs so, probably not. Unless that's being kept quiet but nobody faik has managed to shut the official IS channel down yet. I haven't checked recently, have they?

Hmm. Well I can't organise another big attack on the same target during the day, I can't organise another group, but what I can do, right now, at night, after most security is gone and all the workers have left................!!!

Quelle horreur, as a pretty average sort of person I did consider the fires were arson to pretend otherwise would be a lie. So coincidentally did my old friend who actually was a fire investigator and only recently sent me pics of him and his new girl at tadah .. Notre Dame. He suspects it was deliberate and he was comparing the Notre Dame fire to other known deliberately lit church fires. A suspicion is all it is though.

I'd have expected at the cathedral, a full team of security with eyes on every corner of that place 24/.7. Weird if not so.

Quelle horreur, as a pretty average sort of person I did consider the fires were arson to pretend otherwise would be a lie. So coincidentally did my old friend who actually was a fire investigator and only recently sent me pics of him and his new girl at tadah .. Notre Dame. He suspects it was deliberate and he was comparing the Notre Dame fire to other known deliberately lit church fires. A suspicion is all it is though.

I'd have expected at the cathedral, a full team of security with eyes on every corner of that place 24/.7. Weird if not so.
Security has been tight and increased all around the globe at various monuments/ institutions for many years now as the terrorist threats and actions continue, It doesn't stop targets being hit. You can only spend so much and cover so much. The daylight hours at monuments like Notre Dame have most resources put into them as the causality possibilities are so much higher, whilst it is basically closed at night. The night security by comparison isn't even close. There is simply only so much money a government can spend.

IMO you could just about rule out arson if the cathedral is rebuilt with an identical appearance compared to before the fire.

But maybe rebuild is ‘cheaper’ than trying to fix up the structure as it was. It’s often the case.

It’s not as if the place has never been tampered with

Remove this Banner Ad

Back