VFL 2019 GFC VFL - The Bankers Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WERRIBEE v. GEELONG (video stream)

Round 3 – 20/04/2019 2:00 pm Avalon Airport Oval (Chirnside Park)

WERRIBEE

B: 21. L. Pinnuck, 14. T. House, 30. M. Spencer

HB: 18. R. Hebron, 26. D. Nielson, 7. D. McFarlane

C: 15. K. Declase, 4. T. Gribble, 22. B. Malual

HF: 8. J. Henderson, 5. N. Coughlan, 10. J. Maishman

F: 17. M. Augerinos, 36. J. Berry, 2. M. Munro

R: 31. A. Clarke, 11. M. Hanson, 9. J. Clayton

Int: 12. R. Barrack, 43. D. Bennett, 40. T. Boyd, 29. D. Brew, 13. K. Gray, 16. O. Junker, 46. R. Kemp, 20. B. Norton

23P: 32. J. Riccardi

In: D. Bennett, O. Junker, T. Boyd, B. Norton

GEELONG

B: 74. J. Gow, 15. N. Kreuger, 51. J. Tsitas

HB: 39. Z. Guthrie, 48. A. Black, 37. S. Simpson

C: 20. O. Brownless, 29. C. Guthrie, 21. J. Kennerley

HF: 10. B. Jarvis, 28. D. Fort, 41. J. Jones

F: 9. Z. Smith, 12. W. Buzza, 33. J. Tarca

R: 45. R. Abbott, 19. Q. Narkle, 34. J. Parsons

Int: 50. D. Capiron, 58. A. Cincotta, 79. P. Dowling, 53. J. Keras, 52. J. McLachlan, 75. C. Mitchell, 56. B. Reid,

49. N. Rokahr, 36. B. Schlensog, 55. L. Smith, 18. C. Constable

23P: 68. C. McCarthy

In: C. Constable, L. Smith, N. Rokahr, C. McCarthy, D. Capiron,

P. Dowling, B. Schlensog, C. Mitchell, A. Cincotta

Out: C. Floyd, C. Wilson

https://vfl.com.au/teams-vfl-round-3-2019/
J.Riccardi??

WERRIBEE v. GEELONG (video stream)

Round 3 – 20/04/2019 2:00 pm Avalon Airport Oval (Chirnside Park)

WERRIBEE

B: 21. L. Pinnuck, 14. T. House, 30. M. Spencer

HB: 18. R. Hebron, 26. D. Nielson, 7. D. McFarlane

C: 15. K. Declase, 4. T. Gribble, 22. B. Malual

HF: 8. J. Henderson, 5. N. Coughlan, 10. J. Maishman

F: 17. M. Augerinos, 36. J. Berry, 2. M. Munro

R: 31. A. Clarke, 11. M. Hanson, 9. J. Clayton

Int: 12. R. Barrack, 43. D. Bennett, 40. T. Boyd, 29. D. Brew, 13. K. Gray, 16. O. Junker, 46. R. Kemp, 20. B. Norton

23P: 32. J. Riccardi

In: D. Bennett, O. Junker, T. Boyd, B. Norton

GEELONG

Int: 50. D. Capiron, 58. A. Cincotta, 79. P. Dowling, 53. J. Keras, 52. J. McLachlan, 75. C. Mitchell, 56. B. Reid,

https://vfl.com.au/teams-vfl-round-3-2019/
I suppose they are teaching Kreuger defensive craft first, but he should be spending more time forward imo...

Stick Schlensog at FB.

Brownless and Kennerly on the wings, I can definitely see that in the future.

Keen to see what Jarvis does.

Tarca will bag a few, he normally does. Miers and Tarca will be strong goal sneaks for us in the future.

I see that Schlensog is on the extended bench.
I asked him why he was not playing last week and he said that the club have him doing a mini pre-season to boost fitness..

Thats what KRock said... so doing a preseason ..must preclude game practice. I think they are struggling to find spots for all the talls... Fort is basically playing as a KPF..

Interesting Charlie has been listed as an in, but as far as I can see, none of the other players who played last week who were named on the extended bench for Monday have been named as an inclusion. Seems to me there could possibly be at least one change on Monday.

Linc's brother as 23 rd man?

Thats what KRock said... so doing a preseason ..must preclude game practice. I think they are struggling to find spots for all the talls... Fort is basically playing as a KPF..

That was the impression that he gave me. I asked him if they basically run the guts out of you for two weeks, and he said yes. So maybe the workload is considered too great to combine it with match practice. At least that may be the case for 1st year kids.

I suppose they are teaching Kreuger defensive craft first, but he should be spending more time forward imo...

They did the same with Menzel before he did his first ACL.
I also would like to see him play forward.

Keen to see what Jarvis does.

He was quiet last week. He also has a smaller frame than I thought.

J.Riccardi??

I think that Peter's kids were Oscar and Boston.
Jake is a KPP size @194cm and 95kgs.
He may be related. Nephew or something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Late change to our VFL side or did someone not tell Scott that Tuohy hasn't been named?

ZACH Tuohy will make his return from off-season knee surgery in Geelong’s VFL clash with Werribee at Avalon Airport Oval on Saturday.
Coach Chris Scott has confirmed the veteran defender will play his first game since last year’s elimination final loss to Melbourne.
“His preparation’s been such that we think the best thing for him is to play in the VFL,” Scott said.
“But it was a live possibility we could bring him straight back (into the AFL team).
“That would indicate we think it’s going to be a small stint in the VFL.
“Whether it’s one or two (matches), I don’t really see it being longer than that.”
Scott says Tuohy will play with no limitations.
“He’s actually in good aerobic shape,” Scott said. “His injury has been one that’s allowed him to do a fair bit of work.
“It was more just making sure he was ready for intensity.

“So, he’s been able to do a bit of sub-maximal for quite a time.”

http://www.krockfootball.com.au/geelong-cats-news/tuohy-return-via-vfl/

Bad year for the cats in the VFL Freddie is playing backline because we have too many talls and swaps with Buzza…..I would like to see a forward line with Buzza and Freddie and no ruckman in it

Bad year for the cats in the VFL Freddie is playing backline because we have too many talls and swaps with Buzza…..I would like to see a forward line with Buzza and Freddie and no ruckman in it

If they were playing purely to win ..it would probably be happening.. Fort has actually looked OK ..if had not hit the post twice he would have kicked 4 last week. You are correct they have a couple of talls too many.. all the rucks being fit and want to press for an afl game.

We're really struggling to unearth key forward talent so what does the club do? Play our most promising forward at FB.

I don't buy the learning the defensive aspect first that some are preaching. Put him forward and let him take marks, kick goals and play to his strengths.

We're really struggling to unearth key forward talent so what does the club do? Play our most promising forward at FB.

I don't buy the learning the defensive aspect first that some are preaching. Put him forward and let him take marks, kick goals and play to his strengths.

Thats OK.. Im all for different opinions.. many on here have raised stuff that made me rethink my position on things .
The way I see it atm.

Lets think of the season as one big Pre-season. He looks a good prospect but just playing forward alone and kicking goals in the VFL is not a sure path to an AFL career. What have we had in recent memory .. I think Simpson kicked 8 goals and Gardner kicked 6. Now I'm the first to agree that we have not developed many KPF's ..so I agree with your underlying concern.. but something tells me they are doing the right thing.

I hope to watch him again today.. so its not just one game im talking about.. but my sense was he knows how to play forward even better than Sav..that he has very good hands and a pretty good left foot . and typically for a left footer probably one sided a bit but I haven't seen him play in the middle enough to confirm that. The real thing he seemed to struggle with was when the ball was not marked and it was a ground ball in play situation.. and that to me is why its probably good experience to play back.

Now maybe im reading it wrong .. and the real reason is a lack of forward space. They are playing Fort up there and Buzza. The VFL is for multiple players to learn and develop Fort also probably needs to add to his catalogue of skills.

I really dont think he is being deprived of opportunity by playing back..in fact maybe its a way to bring him along quicker.. to thin edge himself into the side ..and once in then we will see his best natural advanatges come to the fore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back