Opinion Where has the club gone wrong?

Remove this Banner Ad

I have skipped over a bit of this thread so apologies if I have missed something, but seems the best place to post this.

I have heard on good authority that Schofield is appalled and frustrated with the level of commitment from the playing group, and just how soft they all are. Not only on field, but their approach to preparation and commitment.

The first thing they are doing today when arriving in Perth is having a team meeting - apparently one of the players legitimately said they'd rather relax than do that, he had to reiterate that it was non-negotiable. He's also had to already allegedly apologise for going too hard at a player, because it doesn't fit into Ken's soft coaching methods.

We've gone full circle - wasn't Ken like this in 2013?

His team was undefeated last year. The faster we replace Ken with Jarrad the better, before another club picks him up.

Let’s hope he doesn’t leave because of Ken. Let’s hope it’s the other way round

I have skipped over a bit of this thread so apologies if I have missed something, but seems the best place to post this.

I have heard on good authority that Schofield is appalled and frustrated with the level of commitment from the playing group, and just how soft they all are. Not only on field, but their approach to preparation and commitment.

The first thing they are doing today when arriving in Perth is having a team meeting - apparently one of the players legitimately said they'd rather relax than do that, he had to reiterate that it was non-negotiable. He's also had to already allegedly apologise for going too hard at a player, because it doesn't fit into Ken's soft coaching methods.

His team was undefeated last year. The faster we replace Ken with Jarrad the better, before another club picks him up.
Sounds plausible. Disgraceful, disappointing but highly plausible.
We have a very average playing list led by an ordinary coach. They are taking us for a very long ride.

The softness of the playing group gets overlooked too often.

I blame Koch getting soft and 'positive things to say only!' on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol remember when Koch said the playing group should harden the * up and Boak winged to the media about his comments?

The players are soft but they don't think they are. Schofield comes in from the outside and is wondering what the * is wrong with everyone. His Hinkley let it get to this is obvious. He doesn't coach, he doesn't have regular 1on1s and he isn't hard enough.

It's really no surprise we have had so many stupid recent incidents off field.

Lol remember when Koch said the playing group should harden the **** up and Boak winged to the media about his comments?

The players are soft but they don't think they are. Schofield comes in from the outside and is wondering what the **** is wrong with everyone. His Hinkley let it get to this is obvious. He doesn't coach, he doesn't have regular 1on1s and he isn't hard enough.

Can you stop being so negative feel, do you need more cool aid?

If we lose Schofield because of stupid campaigners at this club I shall be quite irate.

Will you write them a letter telling them how irate you are?

I reckon we need more El Scorcho signs at games

Do you think that the act of sitting down during NTUA would be a good way to express the feelings to the club?

Could be something organised by cheer squads, and develops through the season. A kind of ghandi protest?

It’s about the only way that the crowd has to show their displeasure, without non-attendance.

Do you think that the act of sitting down during NTUA would be a good way to express the feelings to the club?

Could be something organised by cheer squads, and develops through the season. A kind of ghandi protest?

It’s about the only way that the crowd has to show their displeasure, without non-attendance.
No - the club's response would likely be 'supporters have gone off the song? let's give 'Sweet Caroline' a whirl. Sydney do it and they play finals nearly every year. '

He doesn't coach, he doesn't have regular 1on1s and he isn't hard enough.

Really makes you wonder what he actually does besides call new players and tell them they've been selected to play their first game over the phone for PTV.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

234471CF-EAC9-4F96-A552-A9263F4990E4.jpeg

If true the club had its moment after 2017 to break free but it crapped itself scared from supporters blowback and now we paying for it. We had Dew waiting in the wings and you can see with the worst list in the AFLhow he has them playing significantly better. Imagine Dew coaching our boys

It would take huge effort on supporters.

View attachment 657483

If true the club had its moment after 2017 to break free but it crapped itself scared from supporters blowback and now we paying for it. We had Dew waiting in the wings and you can see with the worst list in the AFLhow he has them playing significantly better. Imagine Dew coaching our boys

s**t like this from the likes of Greg Denham and Patrick ‘one of Koch or Hinkley has to go’ Smith was bordering on insanity.

As if Port still owed Hinkley some great debt for coming in and providing us with two (2) years where we unexpectedly didn’t suck simian testicles dipped in curdled man-milk as usual.

And what takes the cake is we still have a significant chunk of our supporter base who subscribes to this notion. Who have no problem with a failing coach, and his failed methods, having burned through the primes of four and literally abandoned two of our best players, and collecting three quarters of a million bucks a year to do it!

Awww go on, Ken. Burn yet another year as Robbie, Trav, Paddy and Hoff prepare to ride into the sunset, because Rozee, Butters and Duursma might eventually become as good as Wingard and Polec by the time you hit your 10th season in the role.

I mEaN HavE wE FoRgOttEn 2o11?!!

Crikey effing moses.

Mate of mine that is very astute in all things Port Adelaide. Said to me we should have got Stew Dew as coach.

s**t like this from the likes of Greg Denham and Patrick ‘one of Koch or Hinkley has to go’ Smith was bordering on insanity.

As if Port still owed Hinkley some great debt for coming in and providing us with two (2) years where we unexpectedly didn’t suck simian testicles dipped in curdled man-milk as usual.

And what takes the cake is we still have a significant chunk of our supporter base who subscribes to this notion. Who have no problem with a failing coach, and his failed methods, having burned through the primes of four and literally abandoned two of our best players, and collecting three quarters of a million bucks a year to do it!

Awww go on, Ken. Burn yet another year as Robbie, Trav, Paddy and Hoff prepare to ride into the sunset, because Rozee, Butters and Duursma might eventually become as good as Wingard and Polec by the time you hit your 10th season in the role.

I mEaN HavE wE FoRgOttEn 2o11?!!

Crikey effing moses.
Not long now Tribes.

Yea it’s easy to be objectively critical when you’re not trying to butter up the players as a defensive bookend to keep your job like Kern is, remember “I’ve got the players back and theyve got mine” or whatever ridiculous BS the dick said

Yes Ken out. Also question our list management and balance. In particular our spine.
Rant time

Forwardline

We have one key forward Dixon who is injured.

Hoff, Ryder or Lycett, Marshall, Watts atm are all 3rd Forwards at best.

Billy wasn’t develop, starved of opportunities

Howard was moved back
Backline

Howard and Clurey with Jonas (Lienert too) as a third tall.
Got rid of Hombsch for peAnuts - only Grundy as a project back

Watts went back - done probs for season

Ruck
Ladhams and Hayes

overall

our development and recruiting sucks.
Had to recruit both Dixon and Ryder (2 1st picks, 2 second)
Watts
Lucky to get Lycett

While I love Duursma, as we need outside runners, he could also be Carlton’s 1st for next year. Key Forward?

Solution? Hope to hell, Hayes, Marshall, Clurey and Howard are guns. Have to give Billy half a season, or expect to trade in another key forward.

With our current spine, we are nowhere near premiership window.

Can you stop being so negative feel, do you need more cool aid?

Put the feel and tribey on ignore i suggest. press the top contributors link to observe how they flood the whole forum with negativity.
Appeal to bodymoan to return, he at least could be entertaining.
Read up about the pareto porinciple
Vote labor to restore faith in fairness

Remove this Banner Ad

Back