Player Watch Callum Brown (Delisted 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Called him out at halftime and he responded, needs more depth in his kicking but hopefully that's something he can improve with technique.

Easily his best game tonight.
I think he finally thought "s**t I can do this" when he kicked that goal.
The only way is up from here.
Welcome young man.

Has that spring in his legs that 21yo’s have and gives us that two way carry and run that we miss if we play too many ageing mids. He’ll get better with each game but will have his ups and downs along the way. Some players you just have to persevere with and he’s one of them. The other player we need to get into our midfield is a taller more bullocking type. Sier or Wills would complete our midfield.

Noticed one bit of great defensive play he did.. in the second quarter i think. Zorko had the ball and he is incredibly elusive and usually dances away and kicks long and dangerously. But Callum held him up.. did not fall for his shimmy and sidestep and forced him to hack around the corner, straight to a Pies player. If the offensive side of this game improves to match the defensive i feel confident he'll be a long-term player. Coming along well

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He didn’t finish as we would have liked, but I wanted to see some composure from him, some sign the game was slowing down for him... and while it happened in a stop-play situation it still happened as he won the ball and milked the clock.

I thought he again looked like he belonged out there today, and if he could drill a couple of those goals you’d have a performance that would be in the Rising Star nom conversation.

He didn’t finish as we would have liked, but I wanted to see some composure from him, some sign the game was slowing down for him... and while it happened in a stop-play situation it still happened as he won the ball and milked the clock.

I thought he again looked like he belonged out there today, and if he could drill a couple of those goals you’d have a performance that would be in the Rising Star nom conversation.
Just watching the last quarter now and he has a passage of play where he won the ball in D50 ran out and hit Stevo on the chest. Was great to watch. I think he’ll be in the team for a while now.

Just watching the last quarter now and he has a passage of play where he won the ball in D50 ran out and hit Stevo on the chest. Was great to watch. I think he’ll be in the team for a while now.

Composure there was amazing. Best passage of play I can remember from him at AFL level.
Obviously not a booming straight set shot kick, wasn't really expecting him to drill either of them to be honest. Still, killing a minute at that stage was important for us

Lots of play illustrating he has a place in senior football.
But he’s far from a lock.
So he’ll have to continue working hard. (He’s not afraid of work and does have an incredible attitude.)

To elevate his game, he will need to complete the deal. Kick clutch goals. Nail opportunities.
That is a challenge for him.
On that, he will need improvement.

But certainly earning his keep.

Composure there was amazing. Best passage of play I can remember from him at AFL level.
Obviously not a booming straight set shot kick, wasn't really expecting him to drill either of them to be honest. Still, killing a minute at that stage was important for us

Good Point he at least had the Thinking of Wasting time and sure helped at the End but Should of Kicked the 2nd one

Lots of play illustrating he has a place in senior football.
But he’s far from a lock.
So he’ll have to continue working hard. (He’s not afraid of work and does have an incredible attitude.)

To elevate his game, he will need to complete the deal. Kick clutch goals. Nail opportunities.
That is a challenge for him.
On that, he will need improvement.

But certainly earning his keep.

Very Well Put Saintly Viewed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back