Updated Karen Ristevski's body found.

Will Borce Ristevski go to trial for ...

• Murder

• Manslaughter

• He'll take a deal before it gets to trial

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

PetterdHoisted

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Shocked and disgusted. This being a case of lethal domestic violence inflicted upon a female by a male, perhaps now the lefties will wake up to our pathetic justice system.
Absolutely, would be good to see the likes of Rose Batty lead a campaign to appeal this sentence.

Still a misogynist system that refuses to protect women/punish men appropriately.

Such Staggering decisions by the judges- and I'm including the earlier intent decision- is there more than meets the eye here?

PetterdHoisted

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Well I'm not sure about that, women tend to receive lesser sentences across the board. But that's a topic for another place.
Yeah agree on female perpetrators, but indeed not a topic for here.

Here it's about making a mockery of all the recent 'awareness' re. protecting women from male violence. Not only lethal domestic violence, but dumping of body to be picked at by animals + endless misdirection.

Could not have shown less respect for this woman. Appalling message sent once again - just look at the number of tongue-in-cheek 'is that all I need to do to get rid of my wife' posts on here in the last day.

Mar 16, 2007
Showers Stand
AFL Club
Essendon
I appreciate the sentiment, but we have a situation where we have no cause of death, no witnesses, no murder weapon or any other conclusive evidence, no established motive, no history of family violence and an accused with no prior convictions.

What do people expect?

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I appreciate the sentiment, but we have a situation where we have no cause of death, no witnesses, no murder weapon or any other conclusive evidence, no established motive, no history of family violence and an accused with no prior convictions.

What do people expect?

He's lied throughout and has never co-operated, costing taxpayers millions. Frankly I'd give him ten years for the latter as a base penalty and go from there.

PetterdHoisted

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond

What do people expect?
The sentiments that are the problem for me are those of justice Beale.

Just a vanilla case of killing your wife, no reason to suspect otherwise: 6 years ol' mate if you behave yourself.

I'm not naive, I do understand that a deal was likely done here to plead down from murder for a number of years that both sides could live with. (Don't know how it all works)

It's the generosity of the deal that bothers me- the stench of wife-as-chattel is all over this.

Has anyone heard the ludicrous suggestion that Boris and Sarah had been incest for a while, and Karen found out, threatening to expose them?

1. Even though that could be a possible motive for the killing, why on Earth would a mother expose her daughter? The husband, sure, but a mother would not do anything to embarrass or ruin her daughter's life.

2. What evidence is there of this, other than someone's ludicrous assumption. I mean, is it an assumption?

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond

Sorry luv, you backed the wrong horse and if you obstructed the investigation then I have no sympathy.

Apparently being paid six figures for the interview. If she puts it away for when Daddy gets out then it should be taken off her.

Sorry luv, you backed the wrong horse and if you obstructed the investigation then I have no sympathy.

Apparently being paid six figures for the interview. If she puts it away for when Daddy gets out then it should be taken off her.
I wonder if her dad suggested she does the interview. Nice paycheck.

Poor her mum. RIP.

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Has anyone heard the ludicrous suggestion that Boris and Sarah had been incest for a while, and Karen found out, threatening to expose them?

1. Even though that could be a possible motive for the killing, why on Earth would a mother expose her daughter? The husband, sure, but a mother would not do anything to embarrass or ruin her daughter's life.

2. What evidence is there of this, other than someone's ludicrous assumption. I mean, is it an assumption?

First I've heard of it, but it's hinted at here, without any detail.

Incest, violent sexual fantasies, a fake passport and a dodgy fuel gauge: The array of bizarre theories surrounding Karen Ristevski's death

sprockets

Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think think she knew, think she is still in shock.. really feel for the poor girl

It's sad, she looks like a scared and lost little girl who probably needs a lot of counselling.

I don't think she'd pass a lie detector test though, imo she might have lied when she said there was no issue between her parents when she left that morning and everything was fine.

Back