Movie Star Wars - Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker - Spoilers and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

Won’t lie, I’m just the littlest bit scared that there might be something to that Rey/Shmi rumour.
I think I'm in the same camp. Seems utterly stupid and ridiculous, but a tiny bit of me is fearful.

Won’t lie, I’m just the littlest bit scared that there might be something to that Rey/Shmi rumour.

Very much the same. I tend to just scan over these quotes and rumours that GG inserts, not giving them much attention.

But that one referring to Rey being Shmi, I paused for a moment and thought “holy s**t, they wouldn’t. Would they?”

Just more cause for concern.....it's been wildly reported that JJ/Terio's script has saga-wide implications, turning the PT/OT and perceptions of it upside-down, how we perceive SW lore.

So those kinds of things like Rey being Shmi.....because there are two versions of Palpatine due to time travel.....would do such things :(

Brace yourselves! Star Wars could really jump the shark in IX. Almost like it got self-parodied, a huge troll on its fans.

From the reddit thread about this....someone replying to the guy....

I believe this but I think you’ve got snippets - there were snippets of Tarkin novel posted on here today that suggested plagueis and sidious came up with a way to rule for 10,000 years .I believe they succeeded and trapped the skywalkers into a curse - like in the fairy tales via a time loop that repeats itself over and over - until 10,000 years is past and someone awakens to break the curse cycle . So what I think your uncle has been told is probably what’s been happening over and over and my guess is this - Ben knows it all , he’s the one that has been sacrificing himself each time “ I know what I have to do but I don’t know if I have the strength to do it “ and “ grandfather I will finish what you started “ but it’s not meant to be him . To break the curse it’s meant to be Leia that sacrifices herself because in order for the timeline to reset all the OT have to go so that it can go back to the beginning and start over. Those prophecy quotes in master and apprentice novel confirmed what you have said I think - the egg is Rey’s and it’s the zygote symbol we’ve had throughout the saga including the Death Star - it’s like a dream when you see symbols and ideas repeating themselves over and over but in different ways in order to lead you to the conclusion and direction you are meant to go in. The OT trilogy characters destroyed the Death Star over and over which is a zygote symbol - they have to be the sacrifice to end the curse not Ben and Rey - otherwise the cycle repeats itself over and over . I think when the curse is lifted , only then will you get the Jedi return because again one of the prophecies in master and apprentice says the Jedi were wiped out for the sin done to the nameless ie Rey . Because of the curse they were wiped out . If the cycle is broken , the Jedi will return.
It’s so fairy tale with a sci fi twist - like beauty and the beast or wizard of oz - that when the curse is lifted and everyone awakens that things will be different- the Jedi will be there but people’s roles and lives may have evolved differently in the new timeline . I believe the cycle will be broken and that they will end the saga with hope.

wow, the creator of the thread just replied to my comment, and Reddit Admin just deleted his reply with a warning!!

he said...."There is a rumor now that the reason J.J. hired the writer of 9 was because of the time travel idea he had for Justice League that wasn’t used. All rumored the world between worlds and time travel will be used in Episode 9. "

So Rey goes from having an English accent to an Eastern European one? I don’t think so.

It’s just a way for fans to ascribe familial value to Rey. “Look, she’s a Skywalker!”

Please. It would invalidate the Chosen One prophecy, because it would keep the birth of Anakin in a closed temporal loop of no more than 100 years. It would mean that both Anakin and Luke’s sacrifice was for nothing because all it did was lead to the birth of both.

It’s one of the biggest “I don’t understand the mythology of Star Wars” rumours I’ve ever seen.

Posted this in the Rebels thread, but posting here also because....

-----------

I think the woman in this video nails it. Ezra just saved Ahsoka from her death, and now she's alive again, which causes a paradox. Like she said not to create by saving Kanan Jarrus. More importantly....she guesses that Rebels introduced this because JJ's going to use time travel in Episode IX somehow to "tie all three trilogies together".

Relevant?

i'm PM'ing him, he keeps getting deleted, and admin told him they were told to remove his other instance of this thread. Now they're seeing this thread soon that'll be deleted too. I messaged him back....

"Seems to be even more true now when REDDIT (a non-censorship platform) keeps trying to silence you. "
Relevant?
Of course it's relevant.

he replied....

Well it would end the Skywalker Saga in a loop. Leaving the current time line after 9 able to be continued with Skywalkers. Also allow them to make other Star Wars movies. With out the Skywalkers over there head.
My uncle also told me a long time ago one idea was to have Knights OF Ren to actually be a secret order of worshipers of Revan. That’s how they was going to tie the Old republic to Star Wars. There more details to it. But I never told anyone because he doesn’t know if they ever used that or not.
The Knights Of Ren study teachings of Revan and Darth Malik

Dude, it’s not true for the reason I posted. Rey being Anakin’s father means that all the events were meaningless, because they were always going to happen.

Palpatine going back in time and becoming Darth Plagueis the Wise and teaching himself “everything he knew” in an attempt to control the galaxy, only to be thwarted by the Force who creates Anakin in response to his attempts to create life - so in doing so, he creates his own death and brings balance to the Force by destroying the one person who tried to cheat death?

That I could get behind. You could even have Palpatine killing Ben Solo, which is the very reason why the Force picks the Skywalker line as the method of Sidious/Plagueis’ destruction. Like the Force is saying “You want to wipe out the Skywalker line? Then I’m going to make sure that line kills you. That’s what balance is.”

Kind of like a universal karma. It would increase the significance of Vader killing Palpatine and make Episode 6 still the conclusion of the saga, with the sequel and prequel trilogies bookends. One would be the Rise (or creation) of Plagueis/Sidious by means of the Skywalker line, the other would be the Rise (or creation) of the Skywalker line by means of Plagueis/Sidious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dude, it’s not true for the reason I posted. Rey being Anakin’s father means that all the events were meaningless, because they were always going to happen.

Palpatine going back in time and becoming Darth Plagueis the Wise and teaching himself “everything he knew” in an attempt to control the galaxy, only to be thwarted by the Force who creates Anakin in response to his attempts to create life - so in doing so, he creates his own death and brings balance to the Force by destroying the one person who tried to cheat death?

That I could get behind. You could even have Palpatine killing Ben Solo, which is the very reason why the Force picks the Skywalker line as the method of Sidious/Plagueis’ destruction. Like the Force is saying “You want to wipe out the Skywalker line? Then I’m going to make sure that line kills you. That’s what balance is.”

Kind of like a universal karma. It would increase the significance of Vader killing Palpatine and make Episode 6 still the conclusion of the saga, with the sequel and prequel trilogies bookends. One would be the Rise (or creation) of Plagueis/Sidious by means of the Skywalker line, the other would be the Rise (or creation) of the Skywalker line by means of Plagueis/Sidious.

If true, I think there would be more detail to the story to really flesh it out, connect the entire saga between itself more thoroughly, than what the guy's been told so far. Such that the questions you raise have their connection points and "make sense" in-universe. I'm just bemoaning this route Disney are taking.

Very much the same. I tend to just scan over these quotes and rumours that GG inserts, not giving them much attention.

But that one referring to Rey being Shmi, I paused for a moment and thought “holy s**t, they wouldn’t. Would they?”

It's Disney.

They have.
They will.

You don't junk everything and anything in a reset to not change what you may want to change.

If this means inserting your new golden childs into chronology, you shoehorn that bitch to the best of you ability to then go "these people are, will be and have been monumentally important"

The only thing you can take out of it, is do you find it entertaining, and do you find the stitching together flows into coherent narratives where it makes sense. My opinion in this case is simply a flat no.

It's Disney.

They have.
They will.

You don't junk everything and anything in a reset to not change what you may want to change.

If this means inserting your new golden childs into chronology, you shoehorn that bitch to the best of you ability to then go "these people are, will be and have been monumentally important"

The only thing you can take out of it, is do you find it entertaining, and do you find the stitching together flows into coherent narratives where it makes sense. My opinion in this case is simply a flat no.

I’m fascinated with the prospect of this movie “tying” the entire 9 films together somehow, but I just can’t believe it will be something as outlandish as this.

Even accounting for Disney and some of the baffling decisions they’ve made.

I’m fascinated with the prospect of this movie “tying” the entire 9 films together somehow, but I just can’t believe it will be something as outlandish as this.

Even accounting for Disney and some of the baffling decisions they’ve made.
TLJ : we have outraged the SW fans it can’t get much worse

TROS: hold my beer

i'm PM'ing him, he keeps getting deleted, and admin told him they were told to remove his other instance of this thread. Now they're seeing this thread soon that'll be deleted too. I messaged him back....

"Seems to be even more true now when REDDIT (a non-censorship platform) keeps trying to silence you. "

Of course it's relevant.
Why would Reddit censoring something make it more true? Are you saying Reddit actually know the plot to Episode IX and are fighting to keep it secret?

I would rather Darth Jar Jar be revealed as the evil mastermind than any of this s**t.

I'm clearly already concerned about everything they've done... but this would kill Star Wars.

To retcon EVERYTHING, and destroy the meaning of the OT, it would be an incredible "Holy s**t!!" moment when it occurred and you saw it on screen, followed rapidly by "What the * have the just done?!" - if they go down this path, Star Wars is irredeemable.

Why would Reddit censoring something make it more true? Are you saying Reddit actually know the plot to Episode IX and are fighting to keep it secret?
Told by Disney more likely to delete certain things he is saying. Because....supposedly the leak is coming from inside LF, where his Uncle also previously worked. He said his uncle said they're furious with him/leaker.

For months now....the reports have been that IX's script will alter how we perceive the PT and OT, and that there will be several "WTF/OMG" moments and twists in the "I am your father" style that turn SW upside-down.

So there's clearly SOMETHING like this happening....Rey is Shmi, Palpatine is alive, Palpatine impregnated Rey who is Shmi, and all those kinds of things.

The bottom line....if they're turning the entire saga into a cursed time loop, then that specifically will kill SW.

Which I find hard to swallow given they're releasing the gritty realistic drama that is The Mandalorian.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back