Preview Round 5 2019: Richmond v Sydney, Marvel Stadium | Saturday 20/4 7.25pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don’t know what selection committee are thinking dropping a big body against a big bodied midfield, I’d understand dropping him if Cotchin were coming back as well but what the heck are they thinking?
4 day break 4 day break 4 day break 4 day break

Both dropees extremely stiff but Duz and Bach are pretty decent ins.

Interested to see how Bach goes considering we have a stupidly small turnaround. Would've thought that they'd have given him an extra couple of days to prep for the Dees, and we could've fit him around Ellis and Stack a bit easier with more of a view of the two.

Brandon named on wing. Interesting. So I'd assume our back six is:

Vlas Grimes Broad
Stack Astbury Houli

With Shed mopping up and Ellis pushing onto a wing.

A nagging worry: I do think we're betting a lot on Rossy here. JG34 had six tackles last Saturday and I doubt Dustin will have that sort of defensive impact. Ross will have to make up for it I'd expect. I like the confidence in the kid (buys into the "investing in you" that Dimma mentioned when he announced Stacky's debut in the club video) but sheesh. Cotch and Graham are usually our midfield pressure barometers. Now its Ross and...Dion? Caddy? Not quite sold.

Regardless we should get the win but a little more nervous now.
JG34 Had 5 tackles against port, dusty had 6 against gws... as did both costanza and ross had 6 each against port. prestia had 4, tackle rating can be a bit hard to get excited about unless its high quality. the crunch and bone jarring days are gone now as players will get rubbed out if they get it wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few of our players base a lot of their game on tackling , how do teams beat tackling? They kick to uncontested positions and play keepings off against us. This is not old news because teams are doing it to us this year. This is why we need more than just tacklers in the team, graham and George are going to find it tough when we transition to a more rounded game plan. Rioli better write some different words on his bandage.

Balta on Buddy, and leave him there unless Buddy gets completely off the leash.

He's got the size and athleticism to go with him, and while he'll probably get beaten due to inexperience, it'll be a learning experience for him.

Menadue will have to come to terms that he is the next half back/winger in the cue. Which with Houli's recent injury concerns is not so drastic. Ellis needs to maintain form, and Menadue still has work to do.
George besides being crude is the pressure player in the front half and tackles hard.

Big call: George to kick 5 and not miss a target all night

Cherry ripe for him to do that. Work rate is there, he’s had a few games under his belt now after his preseason injury and he’ll be playing under a roof.

Lynchy has to stop being so good at marking everything and bring the ball to ground...:tearsofjoy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back