AFL Canberra 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Given Ainslie 4's have already played once in 4th Grade that would really throw curve balls into the mix. However I haven't seen anything that indicates Goulburn aren't going to play?

Turns out an old phantom draft that's accidentally been sent around. I wonder how many there are. šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Turns out an old phantom draft that's accidentally been sent around. I wonder how many there are.

Any wonder there are phantom draws doing the rounds . Apparently some clubs in the regional grade have not yet responded to the leagues draft draw . Bit harsh to sit back and blame the league when clubs are not assisting them .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Be interesting to see if next year whether they go back to the 10/10 set up. Presumably would have to base split of teams in regional grade this year by finishing spots? 1-3 to 3s, 4-6 to 4s. Think promotion/relegation for 1 team clubs has been talked about here before, might be something to look at if it goes that way.

Another day closer to the start of regional grade yet still no draw. Is the competition still due to start next weekend?

Be interesting to see if next year whether they go back to the 10/10 set up. Presumably would have to base split of teams in regional grade this year by finishing spots? 1-3 to 3s, 4-6 to 4s. Think promotion/relegation for 1 team clubs has been talked about here before, might be something to look at if it goes that way.

While AFL Canberra have proven to be unpredictable, I don't see why they'd go back to the 10/10 after doing all this to split into 3 divs.
On promotion/relegation, while ladder position should be a major factor I think it's irresponsible to make a decision purely on that and for one year. Players come and go every year and one team going well in a particular year doesn't mean they will have a quality side the next year. Would think 8/12 should be considered depending on actual competition level.

Random hypothetical... say AFL Canberra didn't have the draw and delayed the season further (or cancelled it altogether). Beyond the draw how much extra effort would it take clubs to have a similar quality season working it out between themselves? Probably best to ignore the obvious factor of timing.

While AFL Canberra have proven to be unpredictable, I don't see why they'd go back to the 10/10 after doing all this to split into 3 divs.
On promotion/relegation, while ladder position should be a major factor I think it's irresponsible to make a decision purely on that and for one year. Players come and go every year and one team going well in a particular year doesn't mean they will have a quality side the next year. Would think 8/12 should be considered depending on actual competition level.

Random hypothetical... say AFL Canberra didn't have the draw and delayed the season further (or cancelled it altogether). Beyond the draw how much extra effort would it take clubs to have a similar quality season working it out between themselves? Probably best to ignore the obvious factor of timing.

Well in the regional grade there is no league appointed umpires until finals our reliance on them is purely just a draw. If someone worked off a phantom draw then I don't see it being to big of a struggle to get a draw and a competition together. Obviously the draw would not please everyone but no draw ever does.

Well in the regional grade there is no league appointed umpires until finals our reliance on them is purely just a draw. If someone worked off a phantom draw then I don't see it being to big of a struggle to get a draw and a competition together. Obviously the draw would not please everyone but no draw ever does.

The draw is out the only changes made from the draft draw is grounds allocation. It will be up loaded to the afl Canberra site over the weekend And for the record Iā€™m responsible for the phantom draw it was meant to be a bit of fun between friends but somehow it got leaked

Last edited:

They introduced a regional grade a few years ago witch Goulburn won , then the next year they went back to div 3 div 4 comp .

Thanks Willy that's what I thought but wondered if I was missing much. Fair bit of cash in registration for providing.. a draw.. I would have thought. Anyways was just wondering, not trying to seceed šŸ˜…

I know they've split and rejoined recently, just thought surely they wouldn't repeat it again (more fool me)

Have a great easter everyone and good luck for season kickoff next weekend!

Thanks Willy that's what I thought but wondered if I was missing much. Fair bit of cash in registration for providing.. a draw.. I would have thought. Anyways was just wondering, not trying to seceed

I know they've split and rejoined recently, just thought surely they wouldn't repeat it again (more fool me)

Have a great easter everyone and good luck for season kickoff next weekend!
You're right about cost. Aside from a draw, what are clubs paying for?

On F8331 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Opening up the draw with great anticipation only to be completely disappointed .I'm glad they took there time to get it so organized .Good luck Goulburn round 1 playing two games . Just wonder which town and team there playing first.

Looks like Yass oval will be getting a work out this year 16 games. On Saturday 27/7 they have 4 games being played there. Coota womens v QBN starts at 9, Coota men v Cats at 11, Eastlake v Riverina at 1 and Yass v Murrembateman at 3 massive day of football out there. Good for the canteen!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like Yass oval will be getting a work out this year 16 games. On Saturday 27/7 they have 4 games being played there. Coota womens v QBN starts at 9, Coota men v Cats at 11, Eastlake v Riverina at 1 and Yass v Murrembateman at 3 massive day of football out there. Good for the canteen!

Just wondering if clubs had any consultation with the league in regards to the neutral ground games at Yass . At the eagles we were originally down to play coota round 2 at Yass as were coota girls and Tuggeranong . That would have been 18 games for the season on the Yass oval . Not sure what has happened there but round 2 is now a double header at murrumbateman.

Some interesting scores from the weekend ,Cats kicking 17 behinds gave Yass every chance . Swans Eagles score was closer then I thought it would be while Coota Belconnen wasn't expected either . That said obviously Coota are going to be the side to beat. I base that on there recent third grade experience .

Some interesting scores from the weekend ,Cats kicking 17 behinds gave Yass every chance . Swans Eagles score was closer then I thought it would be while Coota Belconnen wasn't expected either . That said obviously Coota are going to be the side to beat. I base that on there recent third grade experience .

Deflecting matchy ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back