News Swans Talk in the Media 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Media creating a story then debating it

Not sure if already mentioned, the whole Buddy thing was a hypothetical raised by Bob Murphy on SEN, he made it all up and publicly stated he was making it all up. The level of journalism in this country is just so low it is embarrassing

Not sure if already mentioned, the whole Buddy thing was a hypothetical raised by Bob Murphy on SEN, he made it all up and publicly stated he was making it all up. The level of journalism in this country is just so low it is embarrassing

Too many ex players and celeb journos now

From SMH
'They're creaking': Swans are the contested kings no more
ANDREW WU APRIL 17, 2019
When the Swans last faced Richmond in June, they were playing off for top spot on the ladder, but their performances since are not consistent with that of a side that will push for September.
The Swans have won just five of their past 14 games
Melbourne after half-time week, returning a contested possession differential of -31
"For me the major factor is they cannot sustain pressure on a side for four quarters," Jude Bolton, a dual premiership-winner, said. "It's 10 minutes here, 15 later on. Their burst is superb, but when the momentum changes, they can't push back."
https://outline.com/qy8LBS

It's the dumb people getting sucked in by it who are the ones G'ing up the journos.

Well that's an admission that he took it too easy so full credit to Jordan for that. It also reinforces that we know nothing that is really going on in those one on one conversations between players & coaches & that they know who deserves games ahead of others based on hard work.
Jordan is a classic example that no matter how much skill one seems to have, it's all for nothing if you aren't prepared to put the hard work in.

Once again, I rather back our qualified coaches at the club over the backstreet coaches on here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The bloke was 1.5k over. Not a hanging offence, but he clearly treated it very seriously. I hope he makes it at our Club, not some some other mob.

As for Tedeski

Once again, I rather back our qualified coaches at the club over the backstreet coaches on here.

I'd rather back people who watch the footy (inc the many I debate with) and think about it than cravenly polish apples hoping for a koala stamp.

The bloke was 1.5k over. Not a hanging offence, but he clearly treated it very seriously. I hope he makes it at our Club, not some some other mob.

As for Tedeski

I'd rather back people who watch the footy (inc the many I debate with) and think about it than cravenly polish apples hoping for a koala stamp.

What were your thoughts on the Bombers v North after watching it live & I'll be interested on your thoughts after the Cats v Hawks game Monday & the Saints v Melbourne today as I'll be doing the double header from the G over to Marvel.
That will make it 4 I will have attended this weekend.
We'll disect on Tuesday.

What were your thoughts on the Bombers v North after watching it live & I'll be interested on your thoughts after the Cats v Hawks game Monday & the Saints v Melbourne today as I'll be doing the double header from the G over to Marvel.
That will make it 4 I will have attended this weekend.
We'll disect on Tuesday.

Oh well done Tedeski. That is huge. My best was three. Happy to dissect during the week. I'm reduced now to watching on telly.

Oh well done Tedeski. That is huge. My best was three. Happy to dissect during the week. I'm reduced now to watching on telly.

That's no good. I love watching on telly B52 but you can't see what the players who aren't around the contest are doing. It also helps one appreciate players that perhaps aren't going as hard at it & those that are. The Bombers for example, were just left alone to take the corridor & switch play across the ground with kicks going 40 meters or greater which suggests to me that North were so far behind their direct opponents showing them a lack of respect & hoping that the Bombers would miss their targets for their turnovers. It didn't happen as there was no pressure whatsoever. North are the worst team in the AFL thus far. I also saw them live against the Hawks a few weeks ago. Same, same. Made the Hawks look like potential premiers.
The Bombers were made to look better than they actually are.
When on song, we are a much more accountable team than this, though at present we are a fair way off doing it for the required 4 quarters.

You just can't see how hard a team works defensively on TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back