Roast How does Damian Barrett still have AFL Media accreditation?

Remove this Banner Ad

Barrett clearly has an axe to grind with St.Kilda.
Lethlean calling him out for his often fictitious reporting , has Barrett fixated on that issue.
Polec , Pittard and Hall are potential mistakes too , at Barrett's club.
Why doesn't he "repeatedly" go after them ?
Sir Skid's point above is a good one. I read it as "muzzle the bastard".

Must say that I am surprised that McGuane stopped eating for long enough to talk. Should stick to what he knows best losing his money on the punt.

Apparently has a great football brain but for someone reason not involved at anything other than loca football.

We must be winning as I see Purple is back on the Hannerbury deal bashing.

Would love nothing more than beating the media’s pre season love child Melbourne, be interesting to see what excuse they would come up with this week.

Be fair. How could anyone not take this face seriously?

20190418_201308.jpg

Yes. Exactly my point.

I may have complained to The Age about Caro after her 7 trash articles about the Saints in as many weeks. She got banned from reporting on Saints for ages. Not saying it was just me as I'm only one voice.

But doubt very much I'd be the first saints supporter to complain to the AFL about the current standard of Damian Barrett's reporting of our club.

Last edited:
Lethlean calling him out for his often fictitious reporting , has Barrett fixated on that issue.

Dogs and St kilda blacklisted him for his bullshit. We don't talk to him at all. He hates that.

Purples vehicle for his anti-StK FC agenda is to attempt to discredit through the media.

His constant negative articles about our club & more specifically, SL & DH, suggests he is still copping a whack behind closed doors.

In an attempt to understand why this is the case, I suspect SL has totally blacklisted Purple from all access to the club. This makes sense given Purple’s statement that he has more insiders & sources at the club than SL.

SL has not only closed off access but has slammed it in that Purple campaigners face.

I’m liking all these Purple articles about our club btw, it means we are still in his head. His content is so obviously triggered by hurt ego. Poor campaigner.

Excuse the intrusion.
I have a mate that works for Purple who told me that Purple was threatened by bikies outside a match last week regarding his reporting on St Kilda and, in particular, Hanners.
Apparently he’s not backing down and has declared war on Lethlean. Call it brave or just plain stupid by Purple!
For what it’s worth, my mate thinks Purple is a goose and actually barracks for the saints.
All the best for the rest of the season. I’m rooting for you guys!

Be fair. How could anyone not take this face seriously?

View attachment 657651
Daaaaaamn! :oops:
My Rice Bubbles did not go snap crackle and pop this morning!
They just went Shiiiiit...I'm outta here!
So very unattractive! Are we sure he is not an Alien?
Creatures like Purple and that hideous monstrosity
Have no place in the public eye, traumatising children and the elderly! :poo:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excuse the intrusion.
I have a mate that works for Purple who told me that Purple was threatened by bikies outside a match last week regarding his reporting on St Kilda
That was just a couple of 10 year old boys on their BMX bikes. He still shat himself though , and has since told colleagues it was 50 Coffin Cheaters on their Harleys.

I don't buy into purple knobs narrative; "no other club was interested in hannebery".

He was in contract, we headhunted him, the deal was done and already outpriced the other clubs by the time it came to light he was willing to leave Sydney.

Might as well claim no other club was interested in Neale or beams.

I'm sure no other clubs were interested in tomorrow Boyd either, once the price was set at a mil a year and give us your captain.

I don't buy into purple knobs narrative; "no other club was interested in hannebery".

He was in contract, we headhunted him, the deal was done and already outpriced the other clubs by the time it came to light he was willing to leave Sydney.

I'm sure no other clubs were interested in tomorrow Boyd either, once the price was set at a mil a year and give us your captain.

Or Scully for that matter

It's funny how he told everyone he would only go to Hawthorn so that's strong club culture. But Hanners is obviously soooo different

The part I liked best was “Still seeking proper admission for why he was removed from the leadership group.” First of all, were all still seeking an apology for slandering Sean Dempster and not admitting you were wrong when clearly proven otherwise.
And secondly, we’ve already told the media he removed himself to focus on rehab. FFS purple just give it a rest mate. This is seriously bordering on insanity.

Very true! If you want to waste 2million, go ahead and trade for Hall, Polec and Pittard.

I can't stand Damien Barrett! Why can't we be given credit where due? So frustrating.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190419-140627_AFL.jpg
    Screenshot_20190419-140627_AFL.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 246
  • Screenshot_20190419-140636_AFL.jpg
    Screenshot_20190419-140636_AFL.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 245

I'm no fan of the Hanners trade, but this is a good point. It would appear that the Saints made a decision on what they would pay/offer, went hard, got the deal done, seems like all parties were happy. Isn't this the type of thing he praises the Hawks for doing.

It's beyond a joke now how constant his negative reporting is of St Kilda. I gave him a go at the start because I actually agree that the Hannebury deal looks dubious at best. But the way he has made it his headline story EVERY WEEK, totally ignoring the surprisingly good on-field performance, suggests he is in no way an impartial journalist, and as such he should be entirely discredited.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back