2nds 2019 Lions Reserves and NEAFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Dodongo still baffled people are impatient with McStay. He will develop like Hawkins. Slowly. Already shown improvements this year. He is the future.

Dodongo states again with all the development put into him, if we ditch him, he is going to make us look silly at a Victorian club. Patience is required with McStay. If he doesn't hit his straps in 2021 then we ditch him
I tend to agree ,there's an answer to McStay , maybe it's patience.

But that doesn't mean he can't be dropped if he's not performing

Is it worth with McStay give him 2-3 weeks in the twos he seems a confidence guy and seems down.

Mcstay down back and Fullarton up forward is something I can get behind against the Suns.

Dodongo still baffled people are impatient with McStay. He will develop like Hawkins. Slowly. Already shown improvements this year. He is the future.

Dodongo states again with all the development put into him, if we ditch him, he is going to make us look silly at a Victorian club. Patience is required with McStay. If he doesn't hit his straps in 2021 then we ditch him
85 odd games 100 by seasons end still not showing the required effort and his improvement ain’t much

85 odd games 100 by seasons end still not showing the required effort and his improvement ain’t much

Do you honestly think that if the coaches thought he wasn't putting in enough effort that he'd still be in the team?

And given he hasn't been dropped perhaps that shows that effort isn't a major issue.

Think with McStay I think he really tries just gets in the wrong spots more then Hipwood does. Hence maybe a few weeks in the twos help
Not sure we want to send him to backline again I think that hurt development.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you honestly think that if the coaches thought he wasn't putting in enough effort that he'd still be in the team?

And given he hasn't been dropped perhaps that shows that effort isn't a major issue.
Last nights efforts were good?Or last week?He has a big frame which he needs to use.Against West Coast he used it without taking grabs and did the team thing.He can do it just not often enough and butchers opportunities when he gets them

Agree . He just looks half casual . But I'd like to see more confidence and a better routine when he gets scoring opportunities . Also goes missing at times.

I always preferred him down back tbh , looks nervous playing forward

Also great to hear that Chris Fagan and coaching staff and most of the seniors are there supporting the NEAFL guys.

Would be disappointing if they weren't given the reserves are always at the seniors game, schedules permitting.

You'd think Coach Fagan and his assistants would always be at the Reserves when their schedules also permit.

Last nights efforts were good?Or last week?He has a big frame which he needs to use.Against West Coast he used it without taking grabs and did the team thing.He can do it just not often enough and butchers opportunities when he gets them

I'm not saying he's in great form but you said he wasn't putting in the required effort. Surely the coaches would be the best judge of this and if it was the case then he wouldn't be in the team. So if he keeps getting selected I think it's safe to assume that his effort is at least at a satisfactory level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back