Golf World Golf thread - Foreign and Domestic

Remove this Banner Ad

Teachable moment for a certain someone I know on 12. 5 guys in the lead, tied or in position to win walk to tee box. 4 dump it in the water. 1 puts it safely on the left side of the green takes his par and moves along.

Sometimes par is a very good score. ;)

I am trying to figure out if it would take me 6 or 7 shots to get that far. :think:

Depends are you allowed to tee it up each time?

If accuracy or keeping the ball in certain boundaries is not a prerequisite it maybe achievable for moi

Teachable moment for a certain someone I know on 12. 5 guys in the lead, tied or in position to win walk to tee box. 4 dump it in the water. 1 puts it safely on the left side of the green takes his par and moves along.

Sometimes par is a very good score. ;)
As a former single figure golfer (no longer play) I had a 6 6 6 rule. On a typical day there'll be 6 holes where you play to your true ability, there'll be 6 holes where you play worse and 6 holes where you'll play better (not necessarily scoring-wise). It doesn't matter what order they come in, so if you start off playing badly, remember there are 6 holes where you'll play badly anyway, ie, a bogey on the first hole doesn't mean you're in for a bad day, it just means you had one of your bad holes. I found it helped me to never give up.

As a former single figure golfer (no longer play) I had a 6 6 6 rule. On a typical day there'll be 6 holes where you play to your true ability, there'll be 6 holes where you play worse and 6 holes where you'll play better (not necessarily scoring-wise). It doesn't matter what order they come in, so if you start off playing badly, remember there are 6 holes where you'll play badly anyway, ie, a bogey on the first hole doesn't mean you're in for a bad day, it just means you had one of your bad holes. I found it helped me to never give up.

If you go over a 6 does the umpire warn you for inpinging on the 6-6-6 rule

Y U no play no more

If you go over a 6 does the umpire warn you for inpinging on the 6-6-6 rule
You are the umpire ;) Once you go over the 6 bad holes (before the 18 is up) you can stick a fork in yourself, you're done.

Y U no play no more
Health issues. I still take an 8 or 9 iron out regularly while I walk the dogs around the local course and hit one or two dozen shots. Plus I've moved to a rural area where the local course is only open 6 months of the year and it has dirt greens, so...

Hell, I am a 1-17 player...1 I will get lucky on and 17 I play to my ability. Wish I had half your guys talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloke looks strong as fk
Guessing driver shaft maybe an inch or 2 longer
Insane headspeed
That camera they used at the Masters had, I think, McIroy's head speed at +130MPH, which is just crazy. Love to know what speed this guy was at.

That camera they used at the Masters had, I think, McIroy's head speed at +130MPH, which is just crazy. Love to know what speed this guy was at.

Most pro's will be 120+ even grandpa Phil got to 126

My girlfriend bought me a Friday ticket for the presidents cup for my birthday. Thinking I might also go another day though, either a practice round day or a weekend day.

Anyone have recommendations as to which other day I should go on?

My girlfriend bought me a Friday ticket for the presidents cup for my birthday. Thinking I might also go another day though, either a practice round day or a weekend day.

Every day

Weekend will be massive crowds

Sunday features the greatest number of games (12) and you're guaranteed to see every player play but the day with the most golf on offer timewise is Saturday (8 games but spread out over AM and PM).

Given how bad the Internationals are there's a fair chance it will be all over by Sunday so a possible letdown.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back