Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
He's cracked the shits. Is not happy they don't use the traditional change rooms. He was told by president to pull his head in. Then had a run in with the coach about it who sided with the president and he hasn't been seen since. I did see on the weekend watching that the Dees used the traditional changerooms but Launceston were still forced to use the Ryde street changerooms.

Yes I was told something like that on the weekend & was quite incredulous. I mean, what???

Colin, get changed at home if you like, then come to play. Just don't be so childish about changerooms!. You don't need to get changed where John Devine did. Things change, move on. Its the same club. Its the same ground FFS. Sheeesh!!!

Apr 17, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
AFL Tasmania once again showing they're the shining beacon of honesty.... at a meeting in Feb it was conveyed to and agreed with all TSL clubs - seemingly to get them onside - that when the Devils had breaks they would re-integrate the kids into club land (barring injuries) and that this was important to the program to keep them involved at club level...

Fast forward to the first break (the Devils have 14 days off hand have played a total of 3 games so far) and they have not released one single player back to their TSL clubs. Some of the individual reasons given for each one are pretty amusing...

AFL Tasmania treating their key stakeholders with absolute contempt once again...

Gersman

Team Captain
May 10, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Yes I was told something like that on the weekend & was quite incredulous. I mean, what???

Colin, get changed at home if you like, then come to play. Just don't be so childish about changerooms!. You don't need to get changed where John Devine did. Things change, move on. Its the same club. Its the same ground FFS. Sheeesh!!!
Sounds like the pub they run. They always seem to be having disputes and bustups in there.

Gersman

Team Captain
May 10, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
AFL Tasmania once again showing they're the shining beacon of honesty.... at a meeting in Feb it was conveyed to and agreed with all TSL clubs - seemingly to get them onside - that when the Devils had breaks they would re-integrate the kids into club land (barring injuries) and that this was important to the program to keep them involved at club level...

Fast forward to the first break (the Devils have 14 days off hand have played a total of 3 games so far) and they have not released one single player back to their TSL clubs. Some of the individual reasons given for each one are pretty amusing...

AFL Tasmania treating their key stakeholders with absolute contempt once again...
Fell for the old three card trick there. First rule, if AFL Tas wants something they'll 100% tell bullshit stories and lies to get what they want then worm their way out of it later on if it suits.
They've never ever been trustworthy, not sure why anyone/club would ever trust a word they say.
Their track record of this speaks for itself.

Mar 21, 2008
FNQ
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Devils, Tigers & Jackjumpers
Ok...note to self...stop tipping upsets against the scum...first Tigers, and now Blues...

It really is a three horse race...the EF is just an extra roster match between no hopers...

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
It was moved five months ago, after a five month period of consultation with the community. Nobody sneaked in and did it in the dead of night.

No need to be defensive about it. I didn't say you did sneek in or anything else. Sheesh!!

If you read my post I said I didn't see it. I don't look at every post that's 5 months old. Do you?

The query was, why was it done anyway? What was the point even? What was the need to change it? It was ok as it was.

Kingpin

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 15, 2004
AFL Club
Richmond
TSL: Final Scores.
Nth Launceston 12.20 (92) d Launceston 9.6 (60)
Kingborough Tigers 15.10 (100) d Nth Hobart 5.10 (40)
Lauderdale 13.13 (91) d Clarence 11.10 (76)

20190421_141249.jpg

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
TSL: Final Scores.
Nth Launceston 12.20 (92) d Launceston 9.6 (60)
Kingborough Tigers 15.10 (100) d Nth Hobart 5.10 (40)
Lauderdale 13.13 (91) d Clarence 11.10 (76)

View attachment 659030
Will this be the ladder at the end of the H&A season? The top 3 anyway.

Will 4th & 5th spots the only ones up for grabs?

AFLtas will ensure the comp remains lopsided & of little interest as they prepare for the VFL mark2 team.

We've seen it all before.

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Will this be the ladder at the end of the H&A season? The top 3 anyway.

Will 4th & 5th spots the only ones up for grabs?

AFLtas will ensure the comp remains lopsided & of little interest as they prepare for the VFL mark2 team.

We've seen it all before.

Maybe

It is hard to pick a winner out of the top 3 though, especially with no finals at Aurora this year, it will be an interesting final series.

The next 3 should be a good battle for 4th and 5th also, they would all fancy themselves winning a final at least.

North Hobart in big strife.

Mar 21, 2008
FNQ
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Devils, Tigers & Jackjumpers
Told myself to stop tipping upsets against NL...Lauderdale doesn't count as an upset...but it's North...ffs...this will come back to bite me, no doubt...

North over Lauderdale
Launceston over Clarence
Glenorchy over Tigers

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
A couple of potentially tight games.

Lauderdale if they can ever win over NL it'll be this week. 'dale by 10

Clarence did better last week, I still think Launy will win. Blues by 15

Glenorchy should win well but Kingston are improving. Pies by 25

Kingpin

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 15, 2004
AFL Club
Richmond
Certainly not as cut and dried in tipping this week.

On Anzac Day, I think the Pies will have too much class for Kingston and win a low scoring game.

Clarence and Launceston at Bellerive, formwise you'd probably go Lonnie but Clarence are due to get on the board, I'll tip Clarence in an upset.
If the Roos don't win this one that'd be their worst start to a season in several decades.
Can never remember them ever being 0-4 anyway.

Lauderdale and North Launceston meet at Lauderdale. I think Lauderdale will take it right up to North Launceston but NL should just do enough to get over the line.
Be interesting to see whether it's wet and windy down there Saturday, if it is I wouldn't be all that surprised to see the home side get up.
But I'll stick with the reigning premiers this time out (NL).

Glenorchy, Clarence, North Launceston.

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Certainly not as cut and dried in tipping this week.

On Anzac Day, I think the Pies will have too much class for Kingston and win a low scoring game.

Clarence and Launceston at Bellerive, formwise you'd probably go Lonnie but Clarence are due to get on the board, I'll tip Clarence in an upset.
If the Roos don't win this one that'd be their worst start to a season in several decades.
Can never remember them ever being 0-4 anyway.

Lauderdale and North Launceston meet at Lauderdale. I think Lauderdale will take it right up to North Launceston but NL should just do enough to get over the line.
Be interesting to see whether it's wet and windy down there Saturday, if it is I wouldn't be all that surprised to see the home side get up.
But I'll stick with the reigning premiers this time out (NL).

Glenorchy, Clarence, North Launceston.

Weather was dry & calm for the dawn service. Getting a bit windy again now. Not supposed to be any rain until later today. Only a shower predicted anyway. So the weather shouldn't affect anything much today. I'll be going to KGV with my Magpie mate. I'll be more interested in the game at the G so I'll pop into the Glenorchy social club to check it out. :)

I do agree with Windy over the player protection issue. I think the problem is the application of the rules shows little common sense. Many of the umpires seem the same. Have a head full of rules & instructions. However they often seem to be at a different game than we watch. Player protection & some commonsense need to be the priority. You have to put your head down to pick the ball up & its natural to not look up straight away. You can tell if someone is using their head to push through the packs. Umpires should err on the side of caution, ie head protection.

Lest we forget. :)

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Brady Jones in the MRP’s own words, intentionally knees an opponent yet escapes with a reprimand, geez that’s a poor message to be sending.

Back