Multiplat The Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Chatterbox really is an easy one to farm. Now I've got Merciless, Chatterbox and Liberty. The annoying part is even with a fully upgraded bench they will still only craft to 490 and the upgrade is needed for 500. That means exotic components are needed, and if you already have Liberty and Chatterbox the parts will no longer drop so you can't farm more to deconstruct. I guess then the only option is to farm for another Merciless or crappy other exotic to destroy. Exotics can't be recalibrated which means the highest they can go is 500, yet it's possible to get everything else to 515.

The three new gear sets are a bit poop too. Still better building loadouts with high end stuff, an AR+Chatterbox build I'm trying to collect doesn't even have more than one piece of any one brand. My current set I built 40% crit chance with nearly 90% crit damage and a bit of elite damage and it's a bit underwhelming in challenge difficulties. Seems like elite damage is king.

Will all those faction keys I have be useless after the Black Tusk end game stuff?

Nope, they're used to loot faction boxes. Make sure to stockpile Hyena keys as they're the boxes you will loot parts for the Chatterbox SMG. Don't craft it until WT5 though.

Finally got enough bits to redo my build. It's based around Unstoppable Force on the chest and Chatterbox's holstered talent, and Optimist and Allegro on my AR. To buff it I'm using 2 piece Airaldi for extra headshot damage, 1 piece Gila for extra armour, loading up Hard Hitting, armour, AR damage and damage to elites where I can, and Compensated on gloves. Hardest part with Compensated is keeping 3 or less reds. Extended mags buff Optimist. I've got the +10 mag but there is supposed to be a better one from farming CP3. I'm using an ACR but the P416 is meant to be better as it is supposed to have higher base damage, but then rolling the right perks will be at the mercy of RNGesus so I'm happy with the ACR for now as it's got higher accuracy.

I can still further this build when I find a compatible piece to roll Hardened onto my chest and start increasing armour on my other stuff. Armour is currently at 214k but I've worked it out I can get closer to 250k. I just need another 40 odd points in demo until I've maxed all the specs then can go back to Sharpshooter to buff this even more. Currently I can drop standard elites in 1-2 clips from full health on challenging. Sometimes one if I nail enough headshots.

How it works is getting weapon damage buff for armour from the Unstoppable Force talent, same for Compensated when crit is less than 20% I think it is. So the idea is to load as much armour as you can. Then due to Chatterbox's holstered talent you get a huge rate of fire buff for 10 seconds when you get a kill. After you get good at headshots and get a kill you just start tearing through enemies. Purples and reds don't stand a chance. One short coming is that if your aim is off or you don't get enough kills to get buffed then it feels like you aren't doing much, but I prefer it to my previous high CC/CD build.

Survivability is good too along with the high armour, if you take Safeguard on your backpack whenever you get a kill and drop the chem launcher heal on yourself you get almost a full heal in 2-3 pulses. I'm trying to get a Providence mask with the right rolls to suit my build because one piece buffs skill power and should full heal me every time.

Last edited:
Quick question: What's the experience like for solo players?

Quick question: What's the experience like for solo players?
Im average on the sticks and I solo'd the entire game. I matchmaked for the last stronghold but Im sure I could have solo'd.

There will be times when you think '* it' but use skills that support your flanks and blind spot (drone is great).

I got to WT1 but will come back to the game in a few months, so I really can't say how hard endgame is for solo players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couple of questions, is it too late to catch up with the majority of the player base? Openly average player, but I gave up when I got close to the end of the story missions in Div1 as I was too average to finish it solo.

How much has changed from the first game?

Couple of questions, is it too late to catch up with the majority of the player base? Openly average player, but I gave up when I got close to the end of the story missions in Div1 as I was too average to finish it solo.

How much has changed from the first game?

Imo Division 2 is much easier to solo than Division 1. Div1 the entire game was built around squad play but it became apparent that this gated solo players or those lagging behind in progression. In Div2 I always opened my game up to open matchmaking when starting missions on story and it only found others to play with a few times. A couple of the missions I died a few times but I eventually found a cheese spot or changed my load out. Even when you finish the story and your game becomes 'invaded' and you progress through world tiers it is still mostly soloable as long as you stick to normal. The strongholds might be tough though so you might have to spam matchmaking or the global chat. Currently people are taking short cuts to complete Nemesis (exotic sniper) by looking to group with people in lower world tiers which is probably beneficial to those lower players.

So I’ve got a gear score of 498 can’t seem to get anything higher, doing the invaded missions and daily’s.. but not sure what else. Have done all the bounties till they reset but they feel a bit repetitive..

Can only do the same few missions over and over till they get boring. Only heroic mode for basin is batshit hard, everything else seems ok with a good team.

Playing around with the DZ a bit, but feel like I need something new to do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back