Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Im a fan of Jack Silvagni, really feel like he needs to leave Blues to get that famous name pressure off him
Yeah brought him up the other day, would really like to look at him. Feel like he's nowhere near his potential right now, and might struggle to get a game going forward, especially when Doc returns from injury. I think he'd fit in well in our defence, and would even suggest getting him along with another proven KPD

We can pick one - the biggest need is KPD. Ryan Gardiner is currently a forward but was a defender so if he gets to us would be most likely.

Are there any proven key defenders that are better than Fletch and Young - other wise why bother.

At the end of the year we can go again at Sam Day or Ryan Garthwaite - he is too good to be playing VFL and a fit Richmond with Astbury and Rance and Grimes keeps him out - also have Broad so would be gettable. Callum Moore as a forward could also be good insurance if either Schache and Boyd don’t come through.

But also some great looking drafts picks in the U18. Pickett looks great. But the two best players in the AUSTRALIA U18 - would be absolute locks for 1 and 2 at this stage. The redhead was just outstanding and Anderson Kaur clicked with him brilliantly. Fullback and Lauchie Young’s brother looked very good in defence. Some other very solid players - we will get a good one there but so will everyone else.

So how will we make ground? By adding to our specific system - like pressure players or filling holes - KPD and forwards.

Yeah brought him up the other day, would really like to look at him. Feel like he's nowhere near his potential right now, and might struggle to get a game going forward, especially when Doc returns from injury. I think he'd fit in well in our defence, and would even suggest getting him along with another proven KPD
How is young Jack's foot skills? On SEN they were talking like he might be an inside Bull. Haven't see much of him would that be something that could suit him?

Last edited:
If Petracca was available and assuming Hawthorn didn't want him, should we be interested and what we would he cost?

He's pretty average and doesn't fill a need for us. I'd still probably throw a first rounder at him because why not.

Reckon if you asked Christian you would be told Christian is exceptional.

Does offer some physical fwd pressure which fills a need and has talent and can kick which also fills a need. Maybe not mentally resilient but that would mean he fitted in well in our fwd line.

P15-20 for me.

Im a fan of Jack Silvagni, really feel like he needs to leave Blues to get that famous name pressure off him

Why? He strikes me as a classic tweener. Not big enough to play in a key position and not mobile enough to play through the middle of the ground or on the flanks.

That he hasnt been able to command a game in what has until recently been the worst list in living memory has nothing to do with his devlopment nor his name but does speak to his future in the game. I'd go as far as to say If he didn't have the heritage that he has he wouldn't be on a list at all.

He's as quick as pyrite and about as valuable in the modern game.

Do. Not. Want.

not a fan at all, cant play.

Getting a game at AFL because his dad is at the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the swans paid 40% of Buddy’s remaining contract, would we do it?
Honestly he is tiring at a rate of knots. I reckon he’ll last one or two years at best after this year with diminishing returns.

My view is identify an area in which we are deficient and either poach a best 22 player from another club who has at least four years left or pluck the best lower league player in that position.

As far as key forwards go, Naughton looks the goods and I honestly think we are missing Boyd more than we know. In 2015 and 2016 he was excellent at bringing the ball to ground even where he couldn’t mark it. Schache just doesn’t do that.

If Boyd gets himself right I’d back him and Naughton. If Schache pulls it together too then send Naughton to CHB. He might be better forward but if we had two solid KPFs and a gun KPD from those three we’d be more than happy.

I’m far more concerned with skilled ball use and forward smarts than KPP stock right now to be honest.

Read in Herald Sun this morning

- Dunkley has been offerred new deal and it's anticipated he will re-sign
- liber is expected to re-sign also.
- Webb is out of contract but is one of the good news stories at the club with good VFL form after a serious injury but is out of contract year end
- B.Dale is out of contract year end. Given he is a talent but has had injuries hampering his ability to play will be interesting how Dogs price him and value they give him.
Was an interesting comment re Dale. To be honest, he would surely be jumping for a new contract but the article seemed to suggest we’d struggle to come to terms.

He was very good in 2017. Was frankly lucky to keep getting a game last year before his injury. Has some upside but I’d want to see a lot more from him when he gets another run before looking at a decent deal.

Glad about Dunkley. I know he’s not a great ball user but I think we’re a Libba injury away from him becoming an important cog.

How is young Jack's foot skills? On SEN they were talking like he might be an inside Bull. Haven't see much of him would that be something that could suit him?
I recall his disposal being decent from what I've seen of him. If he were to be used as an inside bulk then I'd have no interest - it's either he plays the defender role or nothing imo. We already have too many inside mids for us to be speculating

If Petracca was available and assuming Hawthorn didn't want him, should we be interested and what we would he cost?
Not that much given his current form but suspect Melbourne would want 1st round. Think we would only goal 2nd and Steak knives

Lol we already have enough Petracca types. We need some Daniel rioli/Tom Papley/Charlie Cameron magic.
What would we give up to get Petruccelle from the Eagles? Has some serious speed and can kick a goal, would surely add a different dynamic to our forward half

What would it cost to bring in Brody Grundy? He's strong in the ruck but also very good around the ground. Seems the type Bevo would love. Would make a good ruck duo with English. Just get him Dogs.
Is Brody Grundy related to Brodie Grundy because Brodie Grundy is a star. The year Brodie Grundy was
drafted GWS had five live picks before Brodie Grundy was selected in the late teens. Those draft mess
ups can cost a lot in the fullness of time. Riley Grundy is Brodie's brother and he plays for Port Power,
history says we would get Riley under the "s**t Brother" rule. There are some muffled whispers about
an Adelaide bid for Brodie Grundy, but that is wishful thinking.

He is a midfielder playing as an average mid sized forward because he can’t get mid time in front of Oliver, Viney and Jones.

He is a slight upgrade on Dunkley as he can at least kick the ball, straight swap for those 2 take it or leave it

Was an interesting comment re Dale. To be honest, he would surely be jumping for a new contract but the article seemed to suggest we’d struggle to come to terms.

He was very good in 2017. Was frankly lucky to keep getting a game last year before his injury. Has some upside but I’d want to see a lot more from him when he gets another run before looking at a decent deal.

Glad about Dunkley. I know he’s not a great ball user but I think we’re a Libba injury away from him becoming an important cog.

Will be interesting to see how B.Dale situation does play out and hard to get a read on him from the games he has played. I’m sure the decision makers have seen more at training and the talent and qualities he brings to the side.

What do you think will happen with Webb?

A Massive no to jack silvagni.
Has about as much forward presence as Josh Schache. We are above players like that, people.

Will be interesting to see how B.Dale situation does play out and hard to get a read on him from the games he has played. I’m sure the decision makers have seen more at training and the talent and qualities he brings to the side.

What do you think will happen with Webb?
Webb has basically been out of favour since 2016. Always one of the first dropped. Suspect he’ll end up being delisted but it’s a nice story and I’m sure he’ll get a run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back