Preview Round 6: Essendon vs Collingwood, MCG, ANZAC Day, 3:20 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pies are a very good team but I think our pace will worry them. Raz has a good record against them. Our mid is underrated.

Guelfi has to be picked before Baguley, gives us the flexibility of moving him into the mid as well.

Pies kick-to-kick won't work against us - but despite big wins we haven't been that great at protecting the corridor as of late - we've just been winning the majority of 50/50 balls in the middle of the ground so it hasn't mattered - that will be much harder unless the Pies don't show up

Really hope we don't get blown away. That's a habit we have lately when teams have the edge on us. Winning would be nice, but i at least want to see them settle into a solid arm wrestle if we don't get things our way. That will show more positive signs for the rest of the season than a bomber blitz on a magpie team that didn't show up.

I think our last game against them last year was the classic arm wrestle.

We led 8 goals to 7 in the final quarter but their forwards got on top in the last ten minutes and the Pies won narrowly.

Different season now, yes, but hopefully we've learnt a bit from this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clearly? Is that based on the amount of goals he’s kicked this year?

Based on the fact he has played there since he was drafted. Are you denying he has forward craft?

Out: Bags, Ham
In: Zaharakis, smith

As much as I loved ham’s determination, he isn’t good enough just yet on the big stage. People defending Baguley still are just delusional, he is in horrible form and cannot improve whatsoever.

Plus, people shouldn’t be confident. Pies are virtually premiership favourites, if we’re within two goals at 3/4 time then that’s essentially a win for us.

I am certain there is nothing that will make Woosha drop Bags. I just... don't understand.

It's been the logical choice for a long time. So many players can give us defensive forward pressure and kick one goal WITHOUT turning it over. So many kids can have the same impact of Bags. It just... makes no sense.

Myers, I understand, he's hard to replace as he has a big body, and they rate his leadership for some reason. But other clubs have first year players fill the role that Bags fills, they develop players in that position.

Went to read the Collingwood board about possible changes.

Apparently we're playing the unstoppable, offensive juggernaut that is Geelong from the 2007-2011 era next week. And here I was thinking that we were playing a 3-2 team with an ok percentage and a 1-2 record at the MCG. Mooney to kick 7?

Last edited:
Wait wait wait, we talking about Smith or Guelfi? I was referring to Guelfi. I didn’t make it very clear.

Ha, yes I meant Smith. But in the case of Guelfi, I am more comfortable with him being forward of centre. I know he doesn't get on the board as much but Bags doesn't either at the moment.

Zaharakis and Smith in, Baguley and Ham out. Straightforward changes, although Woosher will likely conjure some strange rationale for dropping somebody other than Bags.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back