AFL Toast Rnd 5: Bombers by 58 points

Remove this Banner Ad

It was fun reading the Norf autopsy thread, some of them are pretty upset at having to sit next to opposition fans... maybe if more norf fans showed up the club wouldn't have to sell off seats in the reserved section

I did have a good laugh about this. They’re selling those seats because otherwise they’d (yet again) have a s**t crowd to their marquee game.

Lucky one teams supporters - and players - bothered turning up this year. They might get another go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was fun reading the Norf autopsy thread, some of them are pretty upset at having to sit next to opposition fans... maybe if more norf fans showed up the club wouldn't have to sell off seats in the reserved section

This is ridiculous from them. First they invite us to play Good Friday to promote their 'marquee' game, we give them an excellent crowd which will no doubt help their financial bottom line, then they complain about opposition fans?

Maybe if more of their own showed up it wouldn't be a problem!

I pay a fortune every year through MCC and club membership but I could write a novel based on dickhead opposition fans around me at games over the years! Who cares? It's part of the game and the experience!

PS - the crowd of 48,278 yesterday was the highest crowd for a North Melbourne game (home or away) at Docklands/Colonial Stadium/Telstra Dome/Etihad Stadium/Marvel Stadium since Round 20, 2007. 12 years and 137 games (at the stadium) ago...

Last edited:
unlikely they'll have to worry about it next year.

unlikely they'll have to worry about it next year.
They'll keep it based on the work they did to get it in the first place, it wouldn't be fair to take it off them after one bad performance but the AFL might be more careful to schedule a bigger club or one in a better space to keep it viable (ie. not a bottom-dwelling minnow like St. Kilda last year). No matter how bad North is, I think I speak for all of us when I say I'll never not want to pay to watch my team kick the living s**t out of them.

They can’t fill empty seats with supporters “they ain’t got”. They are in every sense of the word - Minnows.

They'll keep it based on the work they did to get it in the first place, it wouldn't be fair to take it off them after one bad performance but the AFL might be more careful to schedule a bigger club or one in a better space to keep it viable (ie. not a bottom-dwelling minnow like St. Kilda last year). No matter how bad North is, I think I speak for all of us when I say I'll never not want to pay to watch my team kick the living s**t out of them.
i would happily play anyone else on the day so as to not line their coffers and delay the inevitable.

Thought Bellchambers played a decent game yesterday (apart from being too unselfish when he took that mark at the top of the square and dishing it to Bags). Was giving our midfielders silver service during that 2nd quarter burst, and displayed more intensity this week. Will definitely need to back it up to try and limit Grundy as much as possible.

Don't need to say anything about Heppell, Merrett or Shiel. They were taking the piss out of North pretty much the entire day.

Oh, and we are lucky to have Cale Hooker. So incredibly ******* lucky :)

Thought Bellchambers played a decent game yesterday (apart from being too unselfish when he took that mark at the top of the square and dishing it to Bags). Was giving our midfielders silver service during that 2nd quarter burst, and displayed more intensity this week. Will definitely need to back it up to try and limit Grundy as much as possible.

Don't need to say anything about Heppell, Merrett or Shiel. They were taking the piss out of North pretty much the entire day.

Oh, and we are lucky to have Cale Hooker. So incredibly ******* lucky :)

Bellchambers was in fine marking form vs North. He did start to get a little too fancy like he was one of the midfielders with that handball you mentioned and one attempt to sidestep an opponent which was pretty funny. As long as he plays llke a traditional ruckman that can take a grab he does pretty well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back