Traded Chad Wingard [traded with future 3rd to Hawthorn for Burton, #15, #35 and future 4th]

Sep 8, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
There are no other teams
Sure. I hope you enjoy all the meaningless wins against bottom 8 teams for the remainder of Wingards time with you.
Same as I hope you have enjoyed Essendon being irrelevant when it comes to Finals for so long now it’s not funny.

Dude give the Wingard bashing a rest, he had a very interruptive pre season and is 2 games into his Hawthorn career.

It’s like saying we should judge Hurley’s career on Worpol making him look stupid in one game last year.

Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Same as I hope you have enjoyed Essendon being irrelevant when it comes to Finals for so long now it’s not funny.

Dude give the Wingard bashing a rest, he had a very interruptive pre season and is 2 games into his Hawthorn career.

It’s like saying we should judge Hurley’s career on Worpol making him look stupid in one game last year.

Classic.

Twice in a row I have talked about the Wingard deal and had Hawk fans attack the team I post.

Just a little bit sensitive you Hawks.

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
Classic.

Twice in a row I have talked about the Wingard deal and had Hawk fans attack the team I post.

Just a little bit sensitive you Hawks.

Your attraction to all things Hawthorn threads, hasn't gone unnoticed either.

Very happy we have The Chad & that the Bombers don't.

Jun 6, 2011
Goonellebah
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Islanders
The attitude of Wingerz has been questioned whilst at Port, at pre-season with the Hawks, and now with his last outing against the Sainters. That's not brilliant unfortunately.
Chad Wingard was the best thing to happen at Port Adelaide since the 2004 Premiership. And they pissed him away with rubbish coaching, terrible conditioning staff and a team that never realised how good he was until he was gone.

Any reference to your quotes regarding his pre-season?

TylerDurden

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap
Mar 5, 2007
Lou's Tavern
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Chad Wingard was the best thing to happen at Port Adelaide since the 2004 Premiership. And they pissed him away with rubbish coaching, terrible conditioning staff and a team that never realised how good he was until he was gone.

Yep. He had 2 calf injuries. And went on record twice as saying he shed 4 kg’s.

Bombfire

Club Legend
Sep 19, 2007
Napier St.
AFL Club
Essendon
Any reference to your quotes regarding his pre-season?[/QUOTE]

Look Buzza, I think your understating the level of blame that should be attributed to Wingerz that enabled the deal to get done. Port were purportedly approached by Clarko when Shiel picked Essendon, to unload Wingerz in exchange for Burton in an act of desperation to shore up the mid field stocks.
Port were happy to entertain the release of Wingerz, albeit at a hefty price exchange because they were very disgruntled with his approach to football.

As for 'pre-season', I respectfully decline to reveal my own intel on Chadders' mediocre track performance, but you may want to have a look at your own Board and some of the reports emanating from your enthusiastic pre-season track watchers for corroboration.

Jun 6, 2011
Goonellebah
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Islanders
Look Buzza, I think your understating the level of blame that should be attributed to Wingerz that enabled the deal to get done. Port were purportedly approached by Clarko when Shiel picked Essendon, to unload Wingerz in exchange for Burton in an act of desperation to shore up the mid field stocks.
Port were happy to entertain the release of Wingerz, albeit at a hefty price exchange because they were very disgruntled with his approach to football.

As for 'pre-season', I respectfully decline to reveal my own intel on Chadders' mediocre track performance, but you may want to have a look at your own Board and some of the reports emanating from your enthusiastic pre-season track watchers for corroboration.
What an incredibly weird post. I've spent five minutes trying to decipher it and I'm still struggling. Have a look how Port are going without Wingard and with Burton. It's a sorry state. The Hawks are a better team with Wingard.

I've had a quick scroll through my club's board and can barely see anything mentioned about Wingard since the 2011 draft, where we overlooked him and made a big mistake. Can you point me in the direction of what you're referring to?

Own sources? Bull****. Pony up my friend.

TylerDurden

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap
Mar 5, 2007
Lou's Tavern
AFL Club
Hawthorn

As for 'pre-season', I respectfully decline to reveal my own intel on Chadders' mediocre track performance, but you may want to have a look at your own Board and some of the reports emanating from your enthusiastic pre-season track watchers for corroboration.[/QUOTE]

Similar to how this bloke looked in his first pre season at the Dons?
Put up or shut up mate. You wish you had Wingerzzzzzz.
B41E0237-07BC-49AF-93EB-691AA949CD0E.jpeg

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
The reason why Scrimshaw is included is because Scrimshaw is slotting into Burton's role in defence. And we got him for less than steak knives.

Its entirely likely that if Clarko didnt know Scrimshaw was on the way then he wouldnt have allowed the list managers to make the deal they made for Wingard.

So maybe its not directly related, but certainly needs to be factored in.

Irrelevant from a Port POV, though I see what you are saying. Port's only concern is what they got in return for Wingard going out. Scrimshaw (good name) looked handy vs St Kilda.

One thing about trade week is that we never really know how long each trade has been in the works. Going in there were rumours about Gaff, Neale, Lynch etc. but nothing about Wingard or Scully or Beams.

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Irrelevant from a Port POV, though I see what you are saying. Port's only concern is what they got in return for Wingard going out. Scrimshaw (good name) looked handy vs St Kilda.

One thing about trade week is that we never really know how long each trade has been in the works. Going in there were rumours about Gaff, Neale, Lynch etc. but nothing about Wingard or Scully or Beams.

People had been talking about Wingard leaving. Scully and Shiel were the 2 GWS players talked about because of cap space. Beams certainly was out of left field - given a week or 2 before he had said he wasnt going anywhere.

And yes, from Port's point of view Scrimshaw isnt a part of it, but from Hawthorn's point of view it was very much about who was going to replace Burton. Because its not Wingard.

Scrimshaw is having a brilliant start. Could end up a better steal than Scully - given we may get half a dozen years or more out of him.

Rozee is absolutely included in the Wingard trade for Port, there was a pick swap of 6 (Ben King) for 5 included too- and Gold Coast were absolutely taking Rozee at 5 to go with the other South Aussies Rankine and Lukosius.

So for Port it was effectively:

Rozee, Duursma, Burton and Mayes
for
Wingard and Ben King

I will always love the Chad, and I blame his issues squarely at the foot of our coaches for how such a fantastic, mercurial talent was managed, but with all that said if this isn't considered a win-win then I don't know what is.

King_Tredrea

Premiership Player
Oct 1, 2007
Port Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dubs, Bills, Chelsea FC

“Best thing since 04” is hyperbole but still, this is pretty much spot on

Back