Review Round 5 - Adelaide Crows 'The Kieron Turner Cup'

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes I’d take someone that helps us win games rather than chase personal accolades. Just as Stewart dew would do obviously.

I was frustrated with young many times last year but he clearly did things the coaching staff thought helped us win games as they voted him to 7th place in the best and fairest.

His 2 best games of the year were in the wins vs nm and SYDNEY.

Your example was just weird

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Two games ? 8 goals .
Vs North the condition were so bad that I don't even think is AFL standard .
Vs Sydney more a team effort than remember him scoring 4 goal . Finlayson a halfback turn forward score 5 goal .

Last edited:
You're weird , last year who do you had that are not injured , MacPherson , Sean, Ainsworth ( play mid sometime ) , Martin ( injured sometime ).
Two games ? 8 goals .

I think what you are getting at is that Young is behind Macpherson, Ainsworth, Martin .. don't really agree Sean Lemmens.
Sure.

Don't think that takes away from the fact that he may add something to the team in the forward line - particularly when our finishing has been so crap.
Career goal conversion

- Young 60% @ 0.8 goals/game
- Ainsworth 50% @ 0.7 goals/game
- Macpherson 61% @ 0.5 goals/game
- Lemmens 39% @ 0.2 goals/game (0.5/game when he played forward last year)

Wouldn't be surprised to see him in at some point this year.
I think with a better team and more midfield options (please don't ever play him there again Dewy) I think he's an ok player.

I think what you are getting at is that Young is behind Macpherson, Ainsworth, Martin .. don't really agree Sean Lemmens.
Sure.

Don't think that takes away from the fact that he may add something to the team in the forward line - particularly when our finishing has been so crap.
Career goal conversion

- Young 60% @ 0.8 goals/game
- Ainsworth 50% @ 0.7 goals/game
- Macpherson 61% @ 0.5 goals/game
- Lemmens 39% @ 0.2 goals/game (0.5/game when he played forward last year)

Wouldn't be surprised to see him in at some point this year.
I think with a better team and more midfield options (please don't ever play him there again Dewy) I think he's an ok player.
What about goal involvement , pressure act , kicking efficiency to teammate and flexibility to play various role compare to Ainsworth , Martin and MacPherson. I don't think is a good comparison just by comparing young goal scoring ability with other . Young main competition this year is not lemmens but Holman, MacPherson , Rankine , Ainsworth , Martin,sexton if he going to just play HF like last year

Last edited:
Game day! I'm feeling good about this one. How about you guys?
Hopeful, but not overly optimistic.
We were pretty bad last week - will need to improve significantly.

In saying that so were Adelaide, so if we come out of the gates aggressively and put them on the back foot could stun them again and bring doubt into their minds.

Miles out is a decent loss. I remember him last week and he was composed under pressure, hitting 20-25 meter chip kicks up through the corridor to slice open the defence. Just offers that mature head under pressure. I have no doubt Brodie will get a similar amount of possessions, but I don't think he has that sort of composure yet under pressure. He's the type to just bang it long.

Over all our average losing margin to this mob is 55 points. I don't expect a win down at Adelaide oval today, especially given their ins and our outs: Weller, Miles and Powell.

I am very relieved we jagged the wins we have. It really helps going into this game and my expectation for it. I will just pray we remain as competitive as can be. I thought last week the wheels started to wobble a little. Hopefully we can get back on track. Play like we did last week and we get done by 10 goals IMO.

If we win today it will be our greatest ever victory IMO. Winning away against the Bulldogs is one thing, but Adelaide Oval at that coliseum during Eddie's 300th would be next level.

Miles out is a decent loss. I remember him last week and he was composed under pressure, hitting 20-25 meter chip kicks up through the corridor to slice open the defence. Just offers that mature head under pressure. I have no doubt Brodie will get a similar amount of possessions, but I don't think he has that sort of composure yet under pressure. He's the type to just bang it long.

Over all our average losing margin to this mob is 55 points. I don't expect a win down at Adelaide oval today, especially given their ins and our outs: Weller, Miles and Powell.

I am very relieved we jagged the wins we have. It really helps going into this game and my expectation for it. I will just pray we remain as competitive as can be. I thought last week the wheels started to wobble a little. Hopefully we can get back on track. Play like we did last week and we get done by 10 goals IMO.

If we win today it will be our greatest ever victory IMO. Winning away against the Bulldogs is one thing, but Adelaide Oval at that coliseum during Eddie's 300th would be next level.
I do agree, however Adelaide look horrendous this year, should have lost by 10+ goals v North

We were very lucky last week. Effort was acceptable but our forwards were rubbish and our skills especially our hands was awful.
Adelaide under extreme pressure and it’s lovable Eddie Betts 300th. The Umpires undoubtedly will follow the script of the day and give us nothing but give the SA Crowd lots of Easter cheer.
A reality check will almost certainly occur today.

Meanwhile Dodge City Lions with their in bed relationship with Gil and the VFL (probably due to the Fitzroy tentacles) are on their third day of rest and preparation for the Q Clash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We were very lucky last week. Effort was acceptable but our forwards were rubbish and our skills especially our hands was awful.
Adelaide under extreme pressure and it’s lovable Eddie Betts 300th. The Umpires undoubtedly will follow the script of the day and give us nothing but give the SA Crowd lots of Easter cheer.

Meanwhile Dodge City Lions with their in bed relationship with Gil and the VFL (probably due to the Fitzroy tentacles) are on their third day of rest and preparation for the Q Clash.
Cmon Bods little bit of positivity would be nice. The boys have proven everyone wrong so far and they are constantly putting in 4 quarter efforts. That’s all we can ask from them, all we need is another strong 4 quarter effort and we can roll the crows. I don’t think they are any better then Freo

Cmon Bods little bit of positivity would be nice. The boys have proven everyone wrong so far and they are constantly putting in 4 quarter efforts. That’s all we can ask from them, all we need is another strong 4 quarter effort and we can roll the crows. I don’t think they are any better then Freo

I agree with Sunny, I saw signs of the wobbles last week too

That is true Bods but the fact we won when we did everything to lose shows how much this group has developed as a TEAM.

Why do you have a need to call our players rubbish? As a Suns supporter that is the last thing on my mind. They gave it all. Yes, some were not in great form, made mistakes but all of them provided contest, played roles.

It’s the biggest area of improvement. Tall forwards impacting the scoreboard that why people want Corbett.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back