Discussion Worst Guernsey you have ever seen?

Remove this Banner Ad

Kinda unrelated, but the year after I finished primary school they started up a Dad's footy team. They got the kids to name the team and the winning nickname was 'the dream team', the dream team was 20-odd lawyers/accountants in their 40's and a post-Brisbane Brendan Fevola.

This was my local primary school football team jumper, I remember we had a competition for the students to design one, and this was the one everyone voted for:

That’s in the category it’s so bad that it’s brilliant

The Bulldogs Marvel effort is bad enough just as an affront on the eyes. But to besmirch your guernsey at a home game for no good reason (what was the reason? I genuinely don't know...was it 'well now that it's Marvel stadium we'll have our players wear this abomination, that will be good for a laugh'?) really takes it to that next 'minor league US baseball teams taking the piss' level.

I must be the only person who doesn't think the Bulldogs/Thor crossover wasn't actually terrible. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't great, but if someone mocked it up on here on FJGD, I think it would actually cop some decent praise.

Thought the design was tied in semi-decently.

I must be the only person who doesn't think the Bulldogs/Thor crossover wasn't actually terrible. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't great, but if someone mocked it up on here on FJGD, I think it would actually cop some decent praise.

It just struck me as a completely unnecessary piss take. Surely your home guernsey has to be a little bit more sacred than allowing your team to wear something like that for a home game?

For an away/clash strip, I'm all for teams going a bit left field, as long as it does the job and provides a clear contrast (so maybe an away game at Marvel, if they really had to), but to wear it in a home game just rubs me the wrong way.

To me it isn't the worst (although that may or may not have something to do with the result of that match.............;))

It's no longer a footy jumper.
It's a kid's Halloween costume printed onto a footy jumper template.
Stunning thing is, they actually wore them.
Hopefully no Bulldogs supporters buy them, because the real reason for them is to have something kids will get mum and dad to buy for $80.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Design was gimmicky, but okay. Though the idea behind it is what created it's negative reception.
I too think it was okay, did well at portraying what it intended to, got publicity... and who said there was such thing as bad publicity? ;)

I was shocked when I saw this photo pop up online and on our board earlier today...

1558576831266-png.678802

...and I still can't get over it.

Seriously - what the hell is that?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back