No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gee we get farmed over by the umps
Will and should go down in history as the worst, surpassing the Goldstink Prelim Final debacle.

As bad as JOMs, Sicilys and Worpels calls were, they didn’t really have a precedent. The umpires were clueless what to do and if in doubt, penalise Hawthorn.
The Smith deliberate OOB was the clincher because it showed the mindset the umpires had. Yes, it was a skill error and yes, he had a player upfield to kick to, yet they paid it deliberate. Why? Neutrals who argue that it was one kick on the wing that meant nothing are missing the point - that mindset has surfaced over and over this season and the AFL aren’t doing a damn thing about it.

Bud. Still kicks 4 in a rubbish side. Imagine if he still had good delivery. He’s still a freak.

Frank has overtaken Diver Lloyd on the all-time goal kicking list, now 7th overall. Now has 928 from 295 games. Lloyd kicked 926 in 270 games.

We'll probably have to wait till some time early next season for him to bring up the 1000.

Last edited:
Jordan Lewis is cooked. Melbourne play him as a permanent interchange bench warmer. Was such a great player. Shame to see this happen.

Jordan Lewis is cooked. Melbourne play him as a permanent interchange bench warmer. Was such a great player. Shame to see this happen.

I thought the same watching him today too. He’s like a boxer that has had one too many fights. IMO he’s gone on one year too many and it’s sad too see. You can see it in Hodgey too but his mind is still bloody sharp as hell.

Between Hodgey, Jordan and Roughy we are more than likely seeing their last games this season and it makes me sad but jeezus it was a bloody good run wasn’t it ☺️

Yup, there was a reason we wouldn't guarantee him the years he wanted. I still reckon it was a win for them, with him playing regularly they seemed to have toughened up mentally. I'm sure he was helpful for the culture, but 3 years was 1 too many. From a selfish perspective, his new team not having tasted much success will make it easier to recall him as an 'almost' one club player.

Did we actually play St Kilda into form?

A serious question: what is St Kilda’s usual form?

They got a lot of confidence beating us.
They're such a rubbish club - they'll come back to earth with a thud soon enough.
2 of their wins were less than a goal against us missing our entire midfield and half our backline, and a last minute win against gold coast.

The first month of footy is basically bonus time before everyone settles into their form. It's like the first 10 minutes of a game where the lesser side can kick the first 4 and still lose by 30 points. You can see Collingwood have now settled in, and Richmond warming up properly.

St Kilda will get found out soon enough .

Let's for a minute indulge in this belief Franklin's sole reason for leaving was he wanted to be close to his GF in Sydney. Perhaps that does excuse him for wanting to leave, assuming you believe it.

What it DOES NOT excuse is the manner in which he left. Tell me Hawthorn supporter, who presumably is wise enough to have learned the club is far more important than any individual, what prevented Franklin from insisting he be fairly traded so Hawthorn receive fair compensation for his departure? I recall an amicable arrangement being struck between Adelaide, Geelong and Dangerfield, so tell me why could Franklin not have insisted on something similar? All the bargaining chips were on his side of the table between himself and Sydney or GWS, they would've had no choice but to agree.

Yet he did the exact opposite. He screwed us by secretly approaching the team we lost a GF to mere weeks after losing it, then accepting a deal he knew was engineered to screw us out of compensation. Those are not the actions of a friend, rather a saboteur. We even provided him with another Premiership in his final season at Hawthorn - did that sufficiently persuade him to seek a deal which satisfied both his old club and the new?

No. His motives were selfish. He turned his back on Hawthorn completely. Frankly you're fools if you choose to ignore that merely because he once served us effectively before betraying us. As a man Franklin is as "honorable" as Brutus.
Half way through this post I had formulated my reply of "et tu, Brute?".

Then I read the last line....

I disagree, it isn’t a shame at all. He took a brilliant three year deal and we facilitated the process for him. A hawk playing poorly in opposition colours doesn’t bother me the slightest. His exit has not hurt us. Also had his worst ever performance in last year’s preliminary final.

KOLOKOTRONIS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wanted to read this but outline.com hasn’t been working for about 2 weeks or so. Does anyone know what’s wrong wit it? outline.com that is?
The real article link is often embedded in the URL in the parameters section.

Capture.PNG

I often find erasing everything before where the highlighted text starts allows Outline to parse it successfully. You can generally leave the rest of the stuff after the link too without issue.

Here we go, when being outplayed the Throwies start playing for frees.

Annoys me how the commentators love and laugh at the staging from Libba. Great player but gee whiz. Blatant dive like he’s just had his head whacked with an axe, bounces up the second the whistle goes, high fives his teammates, kicks goal, starts a fight with the Carlton kid then stands there arms wide calling out for a free. If that was Puopolo he’d be crucified

The real article link is often embedded in the URL in the parameters section.

View attachment 659016

I often find erasing everything before where the highlighted text starts allows Outline to parse it successfully. You can generally leave the rest of the stuff after the link too without issue.

Yep that’s it. Ta 🤙🏽

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back