Black Ducks Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Decent crowd in today.

57556925_2275597829145538_8203104754713231360_o.jpg

There is always a decent crowd and atmosphere at Basso Oval consistently better than any other WAFL ground.....it is just a pity our League team continue to put up ordinary performances for our dedicated loyal fans, that is now 13 losses from our last 14 games!

Yet another piss poor effort from Swans yesterday who continue to disappoint year after year, game after game, quarter after quarter, contest after contest.
They played an EF side who hadnt won in nearly a year and were almost as bad as Swans skill wise (if that is even possible) but were far more committed to do the 1%ers that can turn a game of football- tackling, shepherding, talking, blocking etc all of which are non existent in the dna of the current day SD League player.
For SD another season already over before June little to be excited about in the short term and quite frankly they are an embarrassment to the WAFL atm and to the many members, supporters and past greats of the club!

Spearhead they arent going that badly East Fremantle were always going to beat someone they have a core of experienced or talented players there now Swans showed the previous week against Subiaco they arent far off just feel they lack another couple of senior players missing Rhys Palmer and need another next year.

Ausbenito the stark difference in the application of effort between the Subi game compared to the EF game was as big a gulf as the Grand Canyon.
We are not good enough as a club to not bring that effort and intensity to every game let alone a mob who hadnt won for a year and on our former feared home deck.
With all of the talk about EF, WP, Perth & Subi of late for varying reasons Swans have well and truly gone under the radar as their form has been nothing short of ordinary for far too long- 1 win from last 17 games & 9 consecutive losses at Bassendean last win Foundation Day Long Weekend 2018.

Well we did manage to get over the WCE Reserves last week (who were fairly depleted it must be said).
This week we have our near neighbours Perth at Lathlain Park in the time honoured Eastern Derby who rolled us at Basso only a few weeks back afte we gave them yet another 7-8 goal start.

Another week, another disappointing fade out loss.
It is now an epidemic and has to be addressed immediately.
Fitness and strength has to be a priority for the rest of this season and pre season with an eye on to 2020 .
Nice debut by Nathan Ireland down back.

Insert comment from most of the last few years....another limp meek fadeout at home.
Might as well hand us the wooden spoon now and save all the SD supporters the heartache of the next 9 games!.

Just when you think things couldnt get any worse at SD along comes the absolute garbage dished up by SD today.
Pathetic, spineless, weak as water, embarrassing.....big changes are needed at this club asap!

Does the board have the wherewithall to make those changes, Spearhead? I know I said I didn't care at the beginning of the season, but i am fast beginning to care and be disappointed..... :(

OK, is it going to be agony or ecstasy this afternoon? :think:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

swannies has there ever been a worse side in the WAFL's 134 year history than the current rabble that is the Swan Districts Football Club?
I havent seen a poorer skilled side, poorer fitness, poorer coached...just an absolute laughing stock and getting worse.
What is Pickering's coaching record now 2 wins from our last 20 games or similar, just inept!

swannies has there ever been a worse side in the WAFL's 134 year history than the current rabble that is the Swan Districts Football Club?
I havent seen a poorer skilled side, poorer fitness, poorer coached...just an absolute laughing stock and getting worse.
What is Pickering's coaching record now 2 wins from our last 20 games or similar, just inept!
Oh boy, like i said, how can you hit the wall in about 10 games and not have worked out what is the problem and then do something about the problem?
I hear stories of young blokes not being ready over pre-season, not recovering well etc, but who's fault is that? Why hasn't the club got alongside these guys and told them this is how we expect you to rehab? Baffling......

The Football Department have a massive few months coming up mate.
At the top of the agenda- recruiting (more Hampsons, less Simpsons), pre-season campaign, skills sessions under fatigue and pressure especially kicking, strength & conditioning, gut running, rehabilitation for those injured or undergoing post season surgery, developing a simple game plan that can be understood and adhered too for 20 games.........................!!!

It is only getting worse swannies yesterdays skill level was comically appalling, I am still yet to see even 1% improvement under Pickering here is some advice how about just let the players play and maybe get some enjoyment from their football as they are looking as bored as the fans who have to endure the crap being served up!

Country work the next 2 weekends. There is a god! Sadly. :(

Good luck watching today Spearhead and loyal swans fans. Maybe there is one last miracle left in the season??

Swans colts have traditionally been very strong, what's the reason in recent years guys haven't been coming through into the seniors?

Congrats to George Hampson who won this years Swan Medal thus becoming the first player in the 135 year history of the WAFL to win a Fairest & Best at 3 WAFL clubs (he previously won at Subiaco in 2013 & EF in 2018).
The top ten were no real surprise in what was another disappointing season on the field for the Black & Whites.

1st- George Hampson
2nd- Tony Notte
3rd- Jesse Turner
4th- Matt Riggio
5th- Josh Cipro
6th- Corey Gault
7th- Steven Payne
8th- Alex Howard
9th- Brayden Noble
10th- Warwick Wilson

Mitch Bain & Seb Bright took out the Reserves & Colts F&Bs respectively.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back