Universal Love LOL, WE'RE TERRIBLE AGAIN

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol, Hogan was in freos best in round 2 vs GC? Haha, he did absolutely nothing ya ****. If he was in the best May was as well vs Geelong.

You only look at form this year and forget about the back end and finals last year? Lol, Seems reasonable.

As has been mentioned several times, he wanted to go home, you guys really need to get over it, if you can't perhaps you should start supporting Freo.
He did more in a quarter v Gold Coast than May has done in a Melbourne jumper. That is a fact.

Call me a Hogan nuthugger as much as you like the fact is without him our forward line looks abysmal. And our backline hasn't improved because one of the blokes we traded in for Hogan turned up fat, unfit and overweight to his new club.

Oh but that is right we had a good 4 week block with out him in the team last year. Never mind that since then teams have worked out how to set up against us and McDonald and Weideman have been hopeless since

Honestly, you Hogan nutthuggers are starting to s**t me to tears, you're so far beyond deluded it's not funny. He wouldn't make a difference whatsoever to our win loss record as we speak. We are getting murdered defensively. He can't take a pack mark, he wouldn't do s**t as we continue to bomb the ball into our forwards.

Where does it end? Do we pine for Jack Watts cause we aren't using the ball well going into our F50?
Trading away your best key forward when you have nothing to replace him with is idiotic, getting * all back in return then pissing that up against a wall is worse

FWIW to all you Melbourne fans, Saints went backwards 2017->2018, and we managed to pull it back to what we as supporters expected going into last year. Unfortunately some years you're just s**t for no reason (see: us last year), but Melbourne at least have the talent to be a top side, and both us and Gold Coast have shown that a few choice mature age recruits, a focus on a better fitness base and a change in game plan can make a world of difference to your side (not to mention another year of experience and development in your current players)
Now I know we are ****ed. We are getting pats on the head from Saints supporters. Time to roll out the tank.

Trading away your best key forward when you have nothing to replace him with is idiotic, getting **** all back in return then pissing that up against a wall is worse

TMac was our best key forward last year, so I guess we only traded our second best.

Not sure how having Hogan in our forward line fixes our lack of pace and complete inability to defend. He might have chalked us up a few more goals if he was playing instead of say, TMac, but given his contested marking is ordinary and our delivery into the 50 is still rubbish, I kind of doubt he'd have made any significant difference at all.

On the other hand, he'd have been handy to throw into the back 50 on Membrey yesterday.

Is it?

We dont have a single good small forward on the list at the moment
We dont have a single good winger/outside midfielder on the list
We do have a very one paced one dimensional inside midfield
We have one good intercept marker whos out with an ACL
We have no legspeed, Hunt is the only player

Last year was the peak for that group of players in its current form.
But isn’t leg speed over rated? I thought it was all about quickness of ball movement? Sorry TK, I’m poking the bear ha ha!

TMac was our best key forward last year, so I guess we only traded our second best.

Not sure how having Hogan in our forward line fixes our lack of pace and complete inability to defend. He might have chalked us up a few more goals if he was playing instead of say, TMac, but given his contested marking is ordinary and our delivery into the 50 is still rubbish, I kind of doubt he'd have made any significant difference at all.

On the other hand, he'd have been handy to throw into the back 50 on Membrey yesterday.
Tmac is a second banana at best needs to go back where he belongs, Hogan wouldn’t have been able to overcome the s**t coaching but I’ll say it again you don’t trade away your best players for * all and think the team will improve, I’m not sure what other evidence is needed our superstar number 1 KP forward has kicked 2 goals in his last 6 games from memory and the guy brought in to replace him down back is or has been fat injured or suspended at this point, GC would be laughing their asses off

But isn’t leg speed over rated? I thought it was all about quickness of ball movement? Sorry TK, I’m poking the bear ha ha!

I think what you're trying to say is we need more Outside Speed and ClassTM.

Tmac is a second banana at best needs to go back where he belongs, Hogan wouldn’t have been able to overcome the s**t coaching but I’ll say it again you don’t trade away your best players for **** all and think the team will improve, I’m not sure what other evidence is needed our superstar number 1 KP forward has kicked 2 goals in his last 6 games from memory and the guy brought in to replace him down back is or has been fat injured or suspended at this point, GC would be laughing their asses off

TMac is playing like shite and no one is going to argue otherwise, but coming in now and attempting to throw some I Told You So's around after five games where our fat new recruit has played one bad game and TMac is moving like a cripple is ludicrous.

Tmac is a second banana at best needs to go back where he belongs, Hogan wouldn’t have been able to overcome the s**t coaching but I’ll say it again you don’t trade away your best players for **** all and think the team will improve, I’m not sure what other evidence is needed our superstar number 1 KP forward has kicked 2 goals in his last 6 games from memory and the guy brought in to replace him down back is or has been fat injured or suspended at this point, GC would be laughing their asses off

So that trade wasn't a bad idea at all. It was either get something for him on our terms last year. Or have a shitty Hogan this year and get NOTHING for him this year.

TMac is playing like shite and no one is going to argue otherwise, but coming in now and attempting to throw some I Told You So's around after five games where our fat new recruit has played one bad game and TMac is moving like a cripple is ludicrous.
I said 6 months ago trading Hogan was a bad idea and Tmac was a number 2 at best, I’ve seen nothing to disprove that at this point, the ineptitude of the coaching certainly isn’t helping

So that trade wasn't a bad idea at all. It was either get something for him on our terms last year. Or have a shitty Hogan this year and get NOTHING for him this year.
I believe it was a bad idea, but if it’s happening get full value and don’t get bent over on the way out either, we got stitched up twice, even if May turns out ok the club massively overpaid for a mediocre fullback whose already 27 odd, and why would the club have got nothing for Hogan this year?

I said 6 months ago trading Hogan was a bad idea and Tmac was a number 2 at best, I’ve seen nothing to disprove that at this point, the ineptitude of the coaching certainly isn’t helping

That's fine. If TMac gets back to his best I think he's a better forward than Hogan, so we've both got our opinions there. Not sure having Hogan sulking around and putting in minimal effort because he didn't get his move back home would help this team much at all. May will be a decent fullback once he gets fit and finds his feet, but I do think we should have got more for the trade. Anyway, whatever, we certainly talked the guts out of that one during last year's trade period.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe it was a bad idea, but if it’s happening get full value and don’t get bent over on the way out either, we got stitched up twice, even if May turns out ok the club massively overpaid for a mediocre fullback whose already 27 odd, and why would the club have got nothing for Hogan this year?
Because at most we get a draft pick - the club was trying to setup for a finals tilt - so all we';d be able to do is trade a late 1st round if we were lucky for someone.

Any May is a significant step up on any of our key big backs atm so it was to add some strength to an area of clear weakness.
We played a lot of our best footy last year without Hogan. His stats don't lie. He beat up on s**t teams and did nothing against good ones comparably .

Do we pine for Jack Watts cause we aren't using the ball well going into our F50?
That's a good point actually, he'd be great about now. Do Port need any inside midfielders? What would it cost to get him back?

That's fine. If TMac gets back to his best I think he's a better forward than Hogan, so we've both got our opinions there. Not sure having Hogan sulking around and putting in minimal effort because he didn't get his move back home would help this team much at all. May will be a decent fullback once he gets fit and finds his feet, but I do think we should have got more for the trade. Anyway, whatever, we certainly talked the guts out of that one during last year's trade period.
Hogan’s gone so time to move on, as I say I’m no convinced on May and what we paid but more than happy to be wrong on him and tmac, would do wonders for my psyche right now

If (when) we lose our next two, we will end up last if North knock off Carlton in round 7.

You know maybe emailing the club and membership department is embarrassing but **** it, felt pretty good.
I wish there was some kind of fan forum where a bunch of you guys could head down and ask actual questions rather than relying on JayZ Clark to ask how the performance was out of 10
I once emailed Roosy for a whinge. He responded the next morning. Did the same to Goodwin and Mahoney a couple of years later, crickets.

4. I've been a massive fan of jason Taylor, head recruiter but I'm worried he only knows how to pick up inside mids. Last draft we clearly needed outside class and he picked up sparrow who whilst isnt slow, he is an inside player with questionable foot skills.
Not a huge fan of the mix he drafted last year either, but there's only so much a guy can do when we keep trading our first round picks. The highest picks he's had since 2015 have been late 20s. Even Stephen Wells struggled when Scott traded away all their picks for a few years. Back into the first round last year and bang: Jordan Clark.

I once emailed Roosy for a whinge. He responded the next morning. Did the same to Goodwin and Mahoney a couple of years later, crickets.

Not really surprised
After all the coach is still smiling in his after match presser.

It seems that nothing really major is wrong.

Commiserating is all well and good, but I'd be surprised if you're still in the top 8 at the end of the season. Might just cling on with a good start. You beat the baby Suns by a point, then the Bombers who you caught at a good time, lost to a wildly inconsistent Freo side, just got home against a depleted Hawks and then gave our band of muppets a dusting up. Its nice and all to be coming in here and saying chin up, but your team is nothing special or indeed even average, which I'm sure you'll find out soon enough when you start playing against some decent sides.
You forget the depleted saints side when talking the hawks win lol... don’t go tarnishing our win because of a depleted hawks side, we have about 6 walk up starters out, we were 1 down on rotations that game too, we beat freo if we have our full strength team in.

There’s always an excuse for why the saints are winning from people, absolutely shits me up the wall, we are playing so much better than people want to give us credit for.

You forget the depleted saints side when talking the hawks win lol... don’t go tarnishing our win because of a depleted hawks side, we have about 6 walk up starters out, we were 1 down on rotations that game too, we beat freo if we have our full strength team in.

There’s always an excuse for why the saints are winning from people, absolutely shits me up the wall, we are playing so much better than people want to give us credit for.

Probably because no one cares. Your team looks decidedly mediocre - go moan about it on your own board if it bothers you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back