Review Dogs Completely Out Coached By Beveridge: Lose Badly To Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Gowers gets a game because Bev is stubborn and want vindication for Bev personally picking him.

Fact the above is the case Gowers horrid skills and lack of footy smarts ensures he will play without been dropped. Feel sorry for Lipinski, Lynch, Dale and Webb types who are dropped without any real opportunity.

- Selects tiny side, half the tiny side can't execute basic footballing skills
- Selects tiny side, tiny side can't get back to cover the turnover, ever. Tiniest human in sporting world the one to do it
- Only place we have them covered is in the middle, let's starts with Bailey Williams in the middle and Libba up forward
- Our only tall back is like a skinny fat dude who just started hitting the gym but is still eating junk
- Our other tall back is our only tall forward, in which the players kicking the ball into the forward line can't kick the ball in a productive fashion to the tall back playing as a tall forward
- Seemingly random player placements, who have clearly lost confidence due to being put in all sorts of spots under the guise of flexibility
- Coach who won a flag and possibly now believes he is a football God?
- Team full of ball butchers, have a player who has fine skills dominating at VFL, instead selects another vanilla, sort of nothing type footballer
- Players who have set shots who can't execute set shots after working for 15 minutes to get that set shot, only to not know how to kick the ball to capitalise on the one fluid bit of play for half a quarter which deflates the team time and time again

If nothing changes from a loss like that, then there are problems.

Do you cry out in your sleep?
All my failings exposed
Gets a taste in my mouth
As desperation takes hold
And it's something so good
Just can't function no more?

bevs post match presser there

Mate, your excellent content should not have been confined to just one post. It allows all the "Boxer" (George Orwell, Animal Farm) posters to attack on mass. Watch me.
Usually I have been a "Boxer" supporter, but as another poster pointed out, this is the first game where I feel we have no direction. Absolutely deplorable, I swung from one side of the spectrum to the other.

We were so bad today that Timmy was in our best, even though he was thrashed all game.

Timmy needs to be dropped back to the VFL and to work on his game there for the rest of the season. He should only come into contention for a senior spot around mid season 2020 if he has shown he is ready in the magoos.

Still scratching my head at Libba starting and spending most of first quarter in forward line when we were being belted by cripps and ps in middle.

Terrible selections came off as arrogant.

Not many positives at all really feom that.

Don’t know why Macrae bothers. Bont gets a free pass no matter how he plays. Macrae doesn’t have Bont’s glamour but he’s my first name on the team sheet every week. Oh, and if he does get a sniff he can kick straight.

Definitely can include Macrae, as one of our most honest consistent cleanly skilled players however I was more so pointing out our lack of players that make you think “wow”, Macrae even though incredibly important, doesn’t do that enough. No doubt Bont’s kicking has been horrible this year so far... But he’s shown he’s better than that and can be a match winner.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Today's train wreck started at the selection table. Which idiots thought that we are playing well enough to blood to absolute fringe players whose performance in the VFL barely merits their continued selection at that level.

Would those cretins please have the decency to step up, identify themselves and explain what for dear Jesus' sake they were thinking.
If you think Young and Hayes were the reason we lost, you are completely and utterly without a clue.

Players with a 100 games more experience were equally poor.

Lachie Hunter is playing like he is a clock watcher and a time server. He takes short steps and makes sure he is ready for the next match before the current match has even started.

If you think Young and Hayes were the reason we lost, you are completely and utterly without a clue.

Players with a 100 games more experience were equally poor.

Good one, Boxer. Your level of reading comprehension is so low you missed what I wrote. For your benefit, I was criticising the selection committee. See my subsequent posts for players with more than 100 games. I'm still going.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I look forward to Jongy's return next week. Coulda done with his help on Cripps today.

There were some very odd positional placements today. Libba fwd for extended periods being one of them.

Still, very early in the season and if today show's us anything it's what not to do. There is value there for those who choose to see it.

It’s not clear to me exactly who is responsible, but surely either one or all of Chris Grant, Chris Maple or Ben Graham have failed in their duty to the club in how they’ve dealt with the development of the coaching panel?
They appear to be bereft of direction. From the outside it looks as though nobody has had the balls to challenge Bevo and his stubborn nature.

Gowers gets a game because Bev is stubborn and want vindication for Bev personally picking him.

Fact the above is the case Gowers horrid skills and lack of footy smarts ensures he will play without been dropped. Feel sorry for Lipinski, Lynch, Dale and Webb types who are dropped without any real opportunity.

Had since 2017 to fix these problems. Why do we pay coaches to fail?

1. Goal kicking. No team
Is worse in my memory.
2. Ruck. Play English as the cut out. In the mean time get a decent ruck.
3. Marking. Never seen a team so badly beaten in the air. Utterly predictable.
4. Kicking. Our field kicking is getting worse
5. Handballing. Horrible. Poor Bont has to scoop the ball off his laces and then get away every time.
7. Forward entries. Kicker needs to Ki k to space not on top of everyone's head.
Do they actually train? Doesn't look like it.

Wood is playing like a complete hack and should have the captaincy stripped from him and be go to the VFL to see if there's anything left.

Very hard to watch.

Some observations.

Playing one ruckman is just dumb, especially against Carlton who went in tall.

It was obvious 15 minutes in that Naughton needed to strengthen the back line. Surely by half time we should have at the very least swapped him with Cordy.

Why do we use Daniel for kick outs, yes he is a clever player but his kicks lack penetration and travel slowly. Crozier kicked out once in the last quarter, ran 20 meters and kicked it onto the wing. We should use him or JJ.

Don’t like being critical of a first gamer but Young was completely out of his depth. Haven’t seen the two VFL games but he looks very slow and was pushed off the ball very easily.

And lastly why do we persist with playing such a large rotation on ball. Carlton went with Cripps and Petrevski-Seaton at virtually every centre square mostly with Fisher. We seem to want to keep our best midfielders out of the centre.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back