Review Dogs Completely Out Coached By Beveridge: Lose Badly To Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Of all the pathetic performances the football world saw this round we just had to go and one-up them all. Dees and Norf supporters can now console themselves by saying "at least we aren't the Dogs".
And yet, at this point, we are twice as good as both

I’d make 5 changes. I’m not expecting these players to change the game, but what it can do is fix our team balance and gives us a base to work from. Only a question of if Tom Boyd is fit- if he isn’t Trengove gets his spot.

FB: Duryea, Cordy, La. Young
HB: Crozier, Le. Young, Suckling
C: Hunter, Liberatore, Johannisen
HF: McLean, Naughton, Dale
FF: Dickson, Boyd, Lloyd
FOL: English, Bontempelli, Macrae
INT: Richards, B. Smith, Daniel, Gowers

Richards and Smith through the wings and middle, Daniel through the back half, and Gowers through the forwardline. English and Schache to also rotate.

IN: Suckling, Duryea, Dale, Young, Boyd
OUT: Wood, Williams, Wallis, Dunkley, Hayes

Hayes very stiff solely out on team balance, as is Williams. Other three have just been awful.
Bont to captain.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I want to know why the constant change of KPP numbers across the ground.

Against Hawthorn we had 5. Today we have 3. And we had a player in the 2s who performed well with 2goals, 20 odd disposals and 23 hit outs. Yet we don’t select him after we got slaughtered in the ruck against Collingwood.

Beggars belief the team selection. Why also isn’t Lynch given a crack when he was part of the late 2018 surge that saw us get back to some sort of form.

Bev needs to speak about so many things because we all knew their was several things wrong with the team we put out today.

Very hard to watch.

Some observations.

Playing one ruckman is just dumb, especially against Carlton who went in tall.

It was obvious 15 minutes in that Naughton needed to strengthen the back line. Surely by half time we should have at the very least swapped him with Cordy.

Why do we use Daniel for kick outs, yes he is a clever player but his kicks lack penetration and travel slowly. Crozier kicked out once in the last quarter, ran 20 meters and kicked it onto the wing. We should use him or JJ.

Don’t like being critical of a first gamer but Young was completely out of his depth. Haven’t seen the two VFL games but he looks very slow and was pushed off the ball very easily.

And lastly why do we persist with playing such a large rotation on ball. Carlton went with Cripps and Petrevski-Seaton at virtually every centre square mostly with Fisher. We seem to want to keep our best midfielders out of the centre.

Totally agree with the kickouts!!!! For * sake, anyone can see that. What's up with Bev being Stubborn. Suckling(when playing) or Crozier should be the only ones to kick out. Weirdo Bev

We used to hear how much of a tactical mastermind beveridge is etc. Well where the hell is it?
Another season pissed down the drain. Reduced back down to the minnow bottom dweller club. 2016 feels like an anomaly.
Feels like a bloody miracle - and from a 2019 perspective it was. Only this club could achieve this level of patheticness after winning a premiership just over 2 years ago. The starry eyed will say their yeahs and nuts- I've tried to remain level headed. And I think I still am when I say that was a bloody disgrace and there's something going on down there that we don't know about. David Parkin said something similar on radio on way home. Certain players being disciplined by being sidelined and it wasn't just for poor performance.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The players effort and intensity was appalling again as it was two weeks ago coupled with Beveridge’s arrogance which has now become delusional you get that garbage. The 2016 finals side had a very traditional structure but since then it’s barely been seen. If things go wrong with the talls as they did today there’s really nothing you can do about it, which is a ridiculous risk to be unnecessarily playing with every week.

Currently it’s looking as though Beveridge was the right coach at the right time which obviously everyone is forever grateful for but there’s no signs of things turning around. If your continually missing the finals eventually things have to change, which would have been laughable two and half years ago.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wallis - battled hard but no real impact. Not the worst today

Bont - tried hard but lacked support

Dunkley - worst game I can remember from him

Smith - excellent, love him, he is excused

Hunter - extremely and uncharacteristically quiet

Crozier - was the steadiest of our defenders and at least tried to get things happening

Wood - pains me to say it, but he’s been bad for two straight games. Very worried

Macrae - got a lot of it but didn’t have much impact, he has credits though

Cordy - got toweled up completely

McLean - one of the worst games I have seen him play.

Richards - don’t think he was the worst but still ordinary

Libba - okish first half but then faded completely

Lloyd - Couple of goals in a side that can’t kick one to save itself but otherwise ordinary

Gowers - no idea what to do with him. He is a repeat offender for missing shots. Tempted to drop him but who for?

Dickson - close to being cooked but keep him in the side as he’s the only forward who can actually nail a set shot

Hayes - for a kid playing his first game in a side that was terrible all day he wasn’t bad but as has been said, he shouldn’t have been bought once today

Naughton - love him, glad he’s ours, been terrific every other game, but yeah, terrible today

Williams - honest question, was he injured during the game? I don’t actually remember him doing anything other than a mark in he last quarter

Daniel - I like him down back but he had a shocker today

JJ - He had a couple of ok moments but not enough influence

Young - shouldn’t have been selected for today, felt sorry for him

English - speaking of feeling sorry for blokes, this guy...we continually ply him as the sole ruckman when he’s clearly not ready and he’s being slaughtered every week.

Beveridge - needs to pull his finger out. I - and speaking to several others today who like me have given him plenty of leeway - am sick of glaring issues ie ruck, clearances not being addressed and his stubbornness in this area is pretty concerning.

Mitch Wallis is on the slide too. I feel dumb for having put a good word in for him this week. He's on a trajectory to rise to the top of the list of problem players before the bye.

Frustrating that we didn't seem to have any game plan.
Unless our game plan was some short kicks followed by a long bomb into
the forward line to an outnumbered player.
Our defenders seemed to be 6 metres behind their opponents all day.
Cordy was always behind Mckay.
Kick ins from a behind, why always Daniel. A quick turnover and back it comes with Daniel on a 6'4" forward.
English did OK in the ruck, but when he rests it is a joke. Dunkley or other completely dominated.
It is 5 weeks in and things ain't working. Let's see some changes.

KM

Good one, Boxer. Your level of reading comprehension is so low you missed what I wrote. For your benefit, I was criticising the selection committee. See my subsequent posts for players with more than 100 games. I'm still going.

Good on the selection committee.

I hope they put in West, Vandemeer and Whoever next week.

If today proved anything Wood, Dickson and Wallis won’t be in our next premiership side.

Do you cry out in your sleep?
All my failings exposed
Gets a taste in my mouth
As desperation takes hold
And it's something so good
Just can't function no more?

bevs post match presser there
"That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore" - the Smiths. In my head all the way home.

Hopefully we s**t the bed for the rest of the year, and the media takes a huge dump on us. That's the only way we'll get real change.

Go Lions/Saints.

If you think Young and Hayes were the reason we lost, you are completely and utterly without a clue.

Players with a 100 games more experience were equally poor.
They were worse (the 100 plus)

How do we possibly fix our forwardline? We rarely can hit a target going in, which either means having a ping from beyond the paint or turning it straight over and getting scored against on the rebound. On the rare occasion that we do hit someone, they're often in difficult positions and can't convert (or sometimes in easy positions and still miss).

It's clearly the most frustrating to watch as a supporter. No use having a dominant midfield if we can't turn it into a scoreline which can challenge an opponent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back