Review Dogs Completely Out Coached By Beveridge: Lose Badly To Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Despite today’s insipid performance we still have one of the better midfields in the league. With this knowledge I now want to know we feel the need to pick the deepest inside mid brigade.

Today we had Bont, Macrae, Libba, McLean, Dunkley, Smith, Wallis, Hayes. That’s already one if not two too many.

You throw in Williams and Gowers who spent considerable chunks of game time in the centre. This compounds the problem. You have primary mids such as McLean, Dunkley where they are spilling into the forward line and their effectiveness is halved. These positions in the 22 could be filled by talls to help our other talls at both ends of the ground or you could pick more line breakers to split the game open. Or a genuine small forward

This is a huge crux of the issues we face. Sure our midfield played so badly we were going to get beaten regardless but our biggest strength (a deep midfield) is actually causing our biggest weakness and impacting other areas of the ground.

We need to get the balance right.

Melbourne players thank you for taking the media heat this coming week.

au contraire, there will be plenty to go around. Especially for both our side when the question gets asked how did it all go so wrong so quickly. Norf May escape scrutiny because nobody give a * about or had high expectations for them.

Has Bevo ever been tactically a good coach? Our game style peaked in 2015 and has been in declined ever since. Yes this includes our premiership year. We won by shear determination and belief and Bevo got a lot of players to play at their best or above but in 2015 we played far more attractive and attacking football.

Who was the architect in 2015? Was Montogomery the tactical coach and Bevo the spiritual leader. Every season since Montgomery has been gone our style has deteriotated. Our game style is non existent, we are the most unattractive team to watch by a country mile. Bevo plays favourites as others have mention and appears to be very arrogant. Apart from being a great motivator in 2015/16 what else does he bring to the table. He needs a quality assistant like Ratten or Caracella, take a step back and let the assistants, match committee and recruiters do their job.

Agreed extending him is a major mistake. Thought he accepted his mistakes in 2017 and got it right at selection at the end of last season and we improved. He has now regressed again to early last season. Contrary to others our list is not that bad but our team selection is atrocious. Major changes this year. In skill, height and speed. Out pedestrian mids and mediums with no skills and please bring back Monty

We were so bad today that Timmy was in our best, even though he was thrashed all game.

Timmy needs to be dropped back to the VFL and to work on his game there for the rest of the season. He should only come into contention for a senior spot around mid season 2020 if he has shown he is ready in the magoos.
Don’t necessarily disagree with what you’re getting at but that’s the best game he’s played for the Club and was easily in our best 3-4 players today. Just pick Trengove to share the duties and his shortcomings for now get hidden a bit.

Despite today’s insipid performance we still have one of the better midfields in the league. With this knowledge I now want to know we feel the need to pick the deepest inside mid brigade.

Today we had Bont, Macrae, Libba, McLean, Dunkley, Smith, Wallis, Hayes. That’s already one if not two too many.

You throw in Williams and Gowers who spent considerable chunks of game time in the centre. This compounds the problem. You have primary mids such as McLean, Dunkley where they are spilling into the forward line and their effectiveness is halved. These positions in the 22 could be filled by talls to help our other talls at both ends of the ground or you could pick more line breakers to split the game open. Or a genuine small forward

This is a huge crux of the issues we face. Sure our midfield played so badly we were going to get beaten regardless but our biggest strength (a deep midfield) is actually causing our biggest weakness and impacting other areas of the ground.

We need to get the balance right.

Mate we have a great midfield. Yet decide to play McLean mainly forward, Dunkley mainly forward and Walis mainly on ball. Drives me mad that we make decisions that goes against what has worked before.

Bev is just like Gordon, pig-headed to a fault, surround themselves with yes men and kick anyone who challenges them to the kerb.

Moving the assistant coaching panel around after winning a flag must be one of the greatest dick moves in the history of sport.

Losing Monti and Dalrymple due to them not adhering to his dictatorship has set our club back years.

Comes across as a good bloke but I don’t think there is a more arrogant man in the AFL system at the moment.
Peter Gordon gives me the absolute shits TBH. He is an AFL knob Jockey...

We felt like we were in control of the game but for whatever reason just weren't able to hit the scoreboard. Full credit to Carlton for making the most of their opportunities.
"We're still a developing side and just couldn't get the job done today"
"Carlton just played out of their skin"
"A virus has been doing the rounds"
"The boys ate to many googie eggs this morning"
"The boys didn't eat enough googie eggs this morning"
"One positive was the dividend from Sportsbet"

If he turns up to the presser with a player to assist him offering an explanation from a player's perspective, I'll spew up.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few here have a set against English. Wasnt in our worst 10 today. Won hitouts which confused our mids as the Blues player in front of English won clearances time and again. Took some marks. Wasn't that bad and not a decisice factor in us losing.

Decisive was our set shot kicking which is a joke. Too many one paced mids caught on the spread. Destroyed aerially as too many short players. And our ball use by hand and foot which was atrocious and possibly a reflection of the fact our fwd structure is abysmal.

But by all means blame English if that is your narrative.

That he wasn't in our worst 10 says more about the 10. He is miles off being up to taking on the ruck and with the new 666 rules we are paying dearly every week and then it gets worse from there with English at the around the ground stoppages. You can knock him over with a feather. It's like they other team has an extra player, he is so bad.

English is only part of my narrative this evening. My other posts bear testimony to this. Why do you use such anonymous language with such a disgraceful display? Be more forthright, man.

Has Bevo ever been tactically a good coach? Our game style peaked in 2015 and has been in declined ever since. Yes this includes our premiership year. We won by shear determination and belief and Bevo got a lot of players to play at their best or above but in 2015 we played far more attractive and attacking football.

Who was the architect in 2015? Was Montogomery the tactical coach and Bevo the spiritual leader. Every season since Montgomery has been gone our style has deteriotated. Our game style is non existent, we are the most unattractive team to watch by a country mile. Bevo plays favourites as others have mention and appears to be very arrogant. Apart from being a great motivator in 2015/16 what else does he bring to the table. He needs a quality assistant like Ratten or Caracella, take a step back and let the assistants, match committee and recruiters do their job.

Agreed extending him is a major mistake. Thought he accepted his mistakes in 2017 and got it right at selection at the end of last season and we improved. He has now regressed again to early last season. Contrary to others our list is not that bad but our team selection is atrocious. Major changes this year. In skill, height and speed. Out pedestrian mids and mediums with no skills and please bring back Monty

Bevo was the tactician. The problem is that he was only tactically adept because he came with Hawthorn IP. Now that his original GamePlan has become obsolete he is out of tricks.

Williams, Lew Young, Richards and Schache have been appalling mis managed, given multiple roles, dropped and put back in totally novice positions. Hard enough even for experienced players.

Williams for eg played as deep defender r1, then got pulled for soreness, then got dropped, played well for Footscray on defence then got asked to play mid to a losing ruck. No wonder he is struggling.

Cant they just let people settle down in their positions? Have no idea what the end vision is supposed to look like

Surely Bev can see that Dunks is shot mentally in front of goal. Gowers not far behind him.

Unless a spot opens inside mid Dunkley has to go. At least Wallis can kick a set shot. A rare commodity.

Do you have a "Home and Away" equivalent as I don't watch Game of Thrones and I am struggling with the
concept, even "Harry Potter" would be acceptable. (Thanks in advance)
Yeah I think we're kinda like that mud blood hermoine granger and at the moment we're being tortured by bellatrix with the cruxiatus curse. We'll escape tho, mature into a really fit chick and ultimately triumph over evil but we'll lose wally over the journey as he's about to be to be knifed whilst we apparate to a better world.

Don’t necessarily disagree with what you’re getting at but that’s the best game he’s played for the Club and was easily in our best 3-4 players today. Just pick Trengove to share the duties and his shortcomings for now get hidden a bit.

I suppose that's an idea. Give him a game in the FP and see if he can impress aerially. Delivery to our forwards has to improve immensely. It's embarrassing but Carlton gave us an object lesson in kicking the ball out in front of the leading forward. So humiliating.

In AFL you need to be able to kick and sadly our disposal by foot is the worst in the league by far.

This lack of skill in today’s game is a recipe for disaster.

It gives us no chance in most if not all games.

Sadly we do nothing about it Year in year out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back