Coach John Longmire - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s never Horse’s fault for the gameplan that’s for sure...

Uh, yeah of course it is his responsibility re the “gameplan”.

And ultimately it’s the players job to execute it.

We gave away 81 points to turnovers. How you can expect any gameplan to stand up if you constantly turn the ball over by foot in particular, often to uncontested marks/easy for the opposition.

It’s not like we have a line up of “better kicks” in the twos, and certainly the ones we do have are unlikely to compete to the same level of the ones they replace.

I have some reservations in regards to the gameplan but I also don’t pretend Horse is sitting there with a PlayStation controller in control of everything either.

Based on the fact that we are playing a terrible gamestyle, and with a different more imaginative coach we might be able to make use of our reasonable forward line.

just so i understand - what is the reasonable forward line ? Is it buddy alone ? Is it buddy and reid (the much maligned and apparently no longer jarrad waite). Is it buddy and the injured hayward. Is it Buddy and ronke ? Which forwards are you referring to ?

no one can take a contested mark. Not a single one of them. No one has speed as such. Whatever speed buddy had is going. Heeney can take a spectacular mark from time to time but most of you want him in the midfield anyway.

This forward line is not very good at all. Maybe it makes it to reasonable. I don't see it as a regular 100 point forward line and certainly not one which has the potential to do so without a dominant and I mean really dominant midfield.

That's not the biggest issue. It's the ******* failure to be able to manage a list and ******* improve it's weaknesses. He can't do it. Full stop.

Nothing changes either, it's all well and good to say that this gameplan usued to work, etc. However players change, as a coach you should be evolving your gamestyle to suit your changing list. Remaining stagnant is the worst.

Uh, yeah of course it is his responsibility re the “gameplan”.

And ultimately it’s the players job to execute it.

We gave away 81 points to turnovers. How you can expect any gameplan to stand up if you constantly turn the ball over by foot in particular, often to uncontested marks/easy for the opposition.

It’s not like we have a line up of “better kicks” in the twos, and certainly the ones we do have are unlikely to compete to the same level of the ones they replace.

I have some reservations in regards to the gameplan but I also don’t pretend Horse is sitting there with a PlayStation controller in control of everything either.

How about bringing back a ball butcherer in Clarke. Do you not see that as a problem because I sure as anything do. Why are we making the problem worse? How about playing Mills and Heeney in the middle. How about giving COR or Stoddart a good go rather than 1 game and then banished forever.

It's been Horse's job to evolve with the list, and frankly he's stuck in 2013 still. No coach will be successful with a gamestyle that is so ancient. The game has moved on.

We don't have a list that is better than 1-4 right now because the list right now is 1-4.
There have been many premiership lists that never won a premiership.
...but using your logic then how can you be a premiership list?

Can someone please explain our game plan? We all talk about the old game plan, what is ours exactly, technically, not just chip chip etc? Someone on this board went through it last year or the year before, it was an excellent breakdown.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Work on the skills, stick the tackles, win enough one on ones.....the game plan etc will take care of itself...and coach wouldn't even be in the discussion.

I think we've got the strategy to turn it around:

"We have been in similar situations and we have been able to get ourselves going," Longmire said. "But it's not a matter of just talking about it. It's a matter of going out there and doing it. And we also know it is not done through anything other than hard work and getting out there and working at your craft. "We have turned it around before and we need to turn it around again, so that's the challenge in front of us."

I think hard work and craft development will put us right back in the frame for a premiership tilt.
I think it's true, might take a while though...

Can someone please explain our game plan? We all talk about the old game plan, what is ours exactly, technically, not just chip chip etc? Someone on this board went through it last year or the year before, it was an excellent breakdown.
I think it was either BruceFromBalnarring or bungee, might have been melbournehammer. I agree it was brilliant and I too hope they do again... TheMase (or anyone else) do you remember who this was?

Work on the skills, stick the tackles, win enough one on ones.....the game plan etc will take care of itself...and coach wouldn't even be in the discussion.

So what this means is the players are answerable ? Longmire has been singled out for the reason we are where we are, so any particular players ? Don't answer that because it will turn in to a bigger s**t fight than the thread already is. That is the trouble with this Board you critique a favourite Son and the sooking is deafening. Trouble is some people are realists and call it as they see it.

They have similar records. Main difference though is that our team in 2006 was nowhere near as talented as our 2014 team.

One coach inherited a much better team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back