Toast USA! USA! 50 games. Amazing

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't stand the chant full stop. Makes me cringe every time I hear an Aussie do it.
I think it was fun while it was impromptu because of the fun and irony attached to it. But yeah, I don’t think it should be an ongoing thing.

+ you’d hope that at some stage in Mason’s career that he gets defined as being more than just somebody who comes from the US. It’s not as if we make a big deal about Grundy coming from Adelaide or Beamsy coming from the Gold Coast or Mihocek coming from Burnie.

+ you’d hope that at some stage in Mason’s career that he gets defined as being more than just somebody who comes from the US. It’s not as if we make a big deal about Grundy coming from Adelaide or Beamsy coming from the Gold Coast or Mihocek coming from Burnie.

True and he’s building that for himself through consistent performances

C'mon it's a play on the 52 states (even if it is 50 games).
Ahem there is only 50 states in the United States.

There is also the District of Columbia but that is not a state.

So 50 is perfect for a stars and Collingwood stripes.

(But Anzac Day sore rule it out, agree.)

Congratulations on the fifty games mason, such a great story and probably never be a dominant forward, he plays his role superbly for the team.
Not many of us would have thought that when he joined the club, even thought he would get to play a game

That’s 51 more games (minimum) to go.

Father son. Always good to plan ahead.

Seriously though, fantastic effort by Mason.

Tallest ever AFL player.

And his work standing the mark, standing the goal line, all those little things for such a big guy...

Very very good.
If you are thinking father/son and his current relationship with Geva Mentor continues then their son would be very tall with great ball skills, he’d be an American/British/Australian and have an unbelievable accent.

To those posters who want to continue to use this thread for other things than the actual topic I suggest you go somewhere else. It’s not your personal back and forth for irrelevant topics, show some respect.

The US has 50 states (and thus 50 corresponding stars on the flag).

Worth also pointing out that Collingwood’s stripes are vertical ;) (sorry) :)

maybe we should put 51 stars on the mason cox flag, to account for puerto rico..... which isn't a US state but the people there are us citizens - of sorts - and can be drafted into the military and pay taxes. Unfortunately, they dont get representation in washington and hardly get a cent from trump when the island gets blasted by hurricanes. I'm sure Mason will appreciate the extra star

maybe we should put 51 stars on the mason cox flag, to account for puerto rico..... which isn't a US state but the people there are us citizens - of sorts - and can be drafted into the military and pay taxes. Unfortunately, they dont get representation in washington and hardly get a cent from trump when the island gets blasted by hurricanes. I'm sure Mason will appreciate the extra star

they don't pay taxes....

No representation without taxation.

It’s difficult to advocate for Puerto Rico statehood when the people on the island are quite divided on the subject.

I don’t think AOC has advocated a position on it either, and she’s become a bit of a self appointed advocate for the Puerto Rico issues.

In addition to Puerto Rico there are a bunch of other US territories with similar representation issues (Guam, American Samoa, US Virgin Islands, Northern Marianna Islands, Washington DC)

It’s difficult to advocate for Puerto Rico statehood when the people on the island are quite divided on the subject.

I don’t think AOC has advocated a position on it either, and she’s become a bit of a self appointed advocate for the Puerto Rico issues.

In addition to Puerto Rico there are a bunch of other US territories with similar representation issues (Guam, American Samoa, US Virgin Islands, Northern Marianna Islands, Washington DC)

Yes you make a good point. Another sniper informed me that puerto ricans dont pay federal taxes, but they only dont pay income taxes from money earned entirely within PR.

In reality I dont really care much about PR. I'd like Australia to be included in the USA. We're already subject to US foreign policy and I think there's a number of queenslanders who would be happy to call the Donald their leader. The shooters of course would be ecstatic. Australians could then stride the world stage and talk loudly etc. In fact, with the greater freedom of expression possible, we could boo at footy matches without worrying about the PC police. We could also get our own NBA team and pay $100m to a 40 year old LABRON over or get Kobe Jordan out of retirement and we could bow down and clean the floor with our tongues gushing about their athletic talents.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back