Luke Hodge vs the Balding Flog - Is There a Bigger Knob than Damien Barrett?

Remove this Banner Ad

Eddie is the Hitman of footy flogs.

Biggest there is, biggest there was, and the biggest there ever will be.

irregardless of that Barrett is a still a flog so lets all tow the line and agree the point is mute ;)
"Irregardless" is not a word, regardless means the exact same thing.

Some words in the English language are so overused that we don't notice that they are incorrector don't even exist. A perfect example is irregardless. Many scholars maintain there is no such word as irregardless because regardless already means “without regard.” The -ir prefix is redundant.

Some words in the English language are so overused that we don't notice that they are incorrector don't even exist. A perfect example is irregardless. Many scholars maintain there is no such word as irregardless because regardless already means “without regard.” The -ir prefix is redundant.

Awkward moment when the joke flies right over your head...It's obvious by them using 'mute' instead of 'moot'

Seems to be the type of campaigner that doesn’t have the ability to investigate, analyse & report on a well thought out footy story. Instead, he is only capable of starting ill informed rumours with the hope he gets one correct. He has built his brand on being negative & never writes anything positive. He’s bad for footy & I can’t understand how he still holds a job in the industry.

Barrett only broke the biggest story the game has ever seen (Essendon drug saga).

A lot more opinion based stuff these days though, no doubt with Hutchy pushing him that way. Why’s he still employed? Even though people keep saying he’s a knob, clearly a lot are still reading his articles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Woosh. If you look up now you might catch the joke flying over your head

He even apologizes like a knob:

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-04-21/barrett-hodgey-i-was-wrong-but-not-about-the-mike

"Regarding the Sliding Doors column I wrote last Friday on AFL.com.au, at which Hodge bristled and called me a "knob" … fair enough, Hodgey. I was a knob, whatever definition you which to attach to that word.

I did use the phrase "well-paid contract" to describe your dealings with Channel Seven. That was wrong. Repeat … wrong. And Hodgey, I do here apologise for that, as I did on the Sunday Footy Show, and would have done on Triple M on Saturday if you at some stage had taken your eyes off the notes in front of you in your too-long rant.

What I wrote was poorly worded. And I do get why you got so worked up.

What I should have said was that you had "financial arrangements" with Channel Seven, given you have been very well paid by that network in the past and will again get paid by it in 2019.

You effectively co-hosted Channel Seven's Sunday afternoon coverage in round four this year, will do so again at least one more time in 2019, and may well become a key focus of that network's broadcast in 2020 – as it wanted you to do in 2018 when it thought you were retiring – if you do actually retire this season.

There's 17 matches remaining in 2019, and the Lions, after a blistering start, have come back to the pack after two dreadful losses.

They need Hodge to cover for Andrews, and get them back into finals possibilities.

Hodgey, you're an all-time great, an instant Hall Of Famer, and on my vote a straight-in Legend. But you've chosen to play THIS year, so play. Ditch the TV mikes, at least until Andrews returns."

Reads like someone who thinks they have the moral high ground, but is really just a sanctimonious narcissist

Last edited:
It was interesting on MMM yesterday they were discussing something else and BT brought up Twitter, and said it was a disgrace. Barrett chimes in agreeing, saying “Twitter is simply a hate site, nothing more than that.”

I use Twitter a fair bit for news and keeping up with things and I think it’s great.

It showed what it’d be like for some people on Twitter. I’ve got no doubt he’d cop some troll stuff on there, but there’s also an element of it being the first time in history that public figures such as celebrities have a large scale direct connection with the public, who’ll tell them what they think of them. Barrett knows it’s not pretty.

He just double downed on the AFL site.

Hodge would be one of the most popular players with the media and with current players. Barrett is making a rod for his own back here.

The latest article is even more cringe worthy. It's not about you flog. Footy reporters report on the footy & the players without trying to make themselves celebrities.

This is what is wrong with the world. Personally I blame the Kardashians.

lol hodge is a dh always gotta be above everything. It's not the first time Barretts criticized someone

Remove this Banner Ad

Back