Racing April Daily Punt- The Championswamps and a farewell to the Queen

Remove this Banner Ad

Race 6 Sandown tomorrow;
BeGood ToYa Mother...
looks a bet. First two runs back this time in have been superb. He’s become as adaptable type who can sit handy if need be ala last start at Cranbourne or come from off speed as he did first up at The Bool smacking them by 3 lengths. Last start he managed to win comfortably despite a moderate tempo, sitting outside the leader and pulling away impressively in the straight with a gap back to 3rd. The rise in distance up to 1400 will suit, and from a good gate I expect him to be too good for this non-winning talentless bunch. Also one of most underrated hoops at the minute in Dec Bates aboard who I can back with confidence. He’s a big animal too so the wide expanses of Sandown should help. #keen

Anyone going again on Bass? Looks like 2.3 is best available but could see him jumping odds on. If he doesn't have a flat one 2nd up you'd think he'd be winning.

Going to have a rant here. Why have the racing industry neglected public holidays for major races? Easter Monday used to be one of our bigger days. The NSW Carnival used to have a major raceday, Oakbank used to get 90k people to a Monday and had decent races on there. Victoria used to have the Easter cup and it was a great day to look forward too.
Now we have benchmark 64 catfests on s**t tracks and i would rather watch 2 of my most hated teams, Hawks and Cats play than watch and bet on the races.
RAcing has really dropped the ball here but thats nothing unusual

Going to have a rant here. Why have the racing industry neglected public holidays for major races? Easter Monday used to be one of our bigger days. The NSW Carnival used to have a major raceday, Oakbank used to get 90k people to a Monday and had decent races on there. Victoria used to have the Easter cup and it was a great day to look forward too.
Now we have benchmark 64 catfests on s**t tracks and i would rather watch 2 of my most hated teams, Hawks and Cats play than watch and bet on the races.
RAcing has really dropped the ball here but thats nothing unusual
Wholeheartedly agree with this. I've been away since Thursday and missed all of the racing but expected to come back to a real strong day today. Disappointing.

On that, I fired off a few punts on Thursday morning including Amangiri, Haripour, Star of the Seas, Northern River and Thrillster, so wasn't great watching the replays this morning. On the other hand, reading back on this thread was good fun, particularly page 28.

I don’t think racing has dropped the ball rather they have decided that public holiday racing is not as popular.

Oakbank isn’t the carnival it was. It hasn’t been helped by lack of government assistance over there.

It’s interesting that these days there is virtually no black type or feature racing on National/ state public holidays. Cup Day, ANZAC Day & Boxing Day appear to be the exceptions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sandown Race 2: 10. Endow @ $19.00 / $4.80

Ran 2nd to Aluf last run in a BM64 which the time suggest was 4 lengths faster after than the average BM64 race. Endow was 2nd making good ground late to just miss and with even luck from barrier 9 should run a cheeky race a double figure price.

Race 6 Sandown tomorrow;
BeGood ToYa Mother...
looks a bet. First two runs back this time in have been superb. He’s become as adaptable type who can sit handy if need be ala last start at Cranbourne or come from off speed as he did first up at The Bool smacking them by 3 lengths. Last start he managed to win comfortably despite a moderate tempo, sitting outside the leader and pulling away impressively in the straight with a gap back to 3rd. The rise in distance up to 1400 will suit, and from a good gate I expect him to be too good for this non-winning talentless bunch. Also one of most underrated hoops at the minute in Dec Bates aboard who I can back with confidence. He’s a big animal too so the wide expanses of Sandown should help. #keen

Have my babies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back