Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Young bloke this morning sitting in the leg press machine watching something on his phone. I did 4 exercises and 15 mins later he's still sitting there, he hadn't done 1 rep. He finally gets up, goes over to the seated leg curl sits down and starts watching his phone. I moved onto the bike for some HIIT, 15 mins later, he's still sitting there watching something on his phone.

You can be a pacifist and still ask lol.
“Hey, do you mind if I jump in between your sets?”
Is polite and I’ve found, more often than not, results in them mumbling “I’m done now anyway” and leaving the apparatus entirely anyway
They were doing some weird CrossFit s**t too. Idiots

When people dont go for a week. (me)
I don't care how busy you are, you can still find 30 minutes in your week to go in and superset a maintenance session on the Hollywood muscles (chest and biceps)

We encourage you to prioritise and put some time aside for gym.

I can't bear to see you like this. This has been going on for months now. You are a richmond supporter goddammit! Start acting like one.

I don't care how busy you are, you can still find 30 minutes in your week to go in and superset a maintenance session on the Hollywood muscles (chest and biceps)

I can't bear to see you like this. This has been going on for months now. You are a richmond supporter goddammit! Start acting like one.
Powerlifters have an excuse though ;). Deadlift sessions can take 2-3 hours!

yes.

i was in bed at 830 each night this week. Just fatigued in mind and body. No idea what happened. Oh yeah, business has not been kind.

Anyway fought through headaches to attend today. It was interesting. Why headaches while lifting?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was setting up for deadlifts - I don't lift much, and move through pretty quickly.

Someone brings a step over to do step ups/bulgarian whatevers, but puts the step over the end of the bar I'm about to lift.

Weirdest thing ever.

I look at her in the eye, and say "how do you see this playing out?"
She said "oh, is it in your way?"
I said "only if I intend on picking the bar up. If I'm just gonna roll it back and forwards 10cms I should be fine"
Then she said "oh okay - no probs" and proceeded to start her stepping exercise.

I may have taken the wrong approach in this instance.

Was setting up for deadlifts - I don't lift much, and move through pretty quickly.

Someone brings a step over to do step ups/bulgarian whatevers, but puts the step over the end of the bar I'm about to lift.

Weirdest thing ever.

I look at her in the eye, and say "how do you see this playing out?"
She said "oh, is it in your way?"
I said "only if I intend on picking the bar up. If I'm just gonna roll it back and forwards 10cms I should be fine"
Then she said "oh okay - no probs" and proceeded to start her stepping exercise.

I may have taken the wrong approach in this instance.
Wait! She actually put the step thing over the end of the bar?

Well that's quite magnificent.

A sign from above. The lifting gods obviously want you to work on your deadlift set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back