Analysis GBU vs Goldies

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah. You make yourself look stupid with the everything is fantastic routine.
Jesus Christ. Where have I said everything is fantastic? Even ONCE this year? OR last year for that matter! I don’t think so. You fellas need to get a new script writer. Your drivel is old. And wrong.

A bit over the top Jenny. I’m sure relapse thought this is my moment, I’m going to make this all about me.

Or perhaps he was embarrassed that our dufus of a Chairman got something so basic wrong and tried to correct him.
Not over the top at all. You blokes walk around like you know ******* everything. That the Club are all a pack of imbeciles and YOU LOT know better. He can’t stand Chappy - gotta let everyone know what a dufus he is even if it’s spoiling Eddie’s moment. I’m sure Eddie couldn’t give a rats arse what he said. Possibly didn’t even listen. Fair dinkum.

You actually did that? That’s just embarrassing. Club is trying to recognise a champion and you decided the focus should be on you. Well done.

How dare he try to transfer attention to himself from Chapman transferring attention to himself from Eddie's moment.

Not over the top at all. You blokes walk around like you know ******* everything. That the Club are all a pack of imbeciles and YOU LOT know better. He can’t stand Chappy - gotta let everyone know what a dufus he is even if it’s spoiling Eddie’s moment. I’m sure Eddie couldn’t give a rats arse what he said. Possibly didn’t even listen. Fair dinkum.

We certainly know the basic difference between a trade and free agent and which applies to our own players, which evidently Chapman does not

This club hasn’t won a premiership in twenty years, in that time we’ve been penalised for salary cap rorting which has set back our club, we’ve hired Roos best mate, promoted him which ended destroying our 2018 season when we should have been looking to rebound from 17, like Collingwood are doing this year.

Guess what, before Burtons appointment we were critical and guess what we were right, so we did know better.

This club has ****ed up a lot under Chapman’s reign, so yeah it’s fair we can be critical.

As for relapse calling out, you have no idea how close he was to Chapman and Eddie, it was hardly going to spoil Eddies moment. You’re carrying on like a drama queen.

Jesus Christ. Where have I said everything is fantastic? Even ONCE this year? OR last year for that matter! I don’t think so. You fellas need to get a new script writer. Your drivel is old. And wrong.
It's all you ever do. And try and discredit any sort of critical thinking. Everyone here is well aware of it and it's why no one takes you seriously.

I'm sure everyone cheered Eddie (and Brodie) appropriately. That I was up for. As is convention, we cheered him when he was chaired from the ground- a standing ovation whilst both teams formed a guard of honour.

What more was necessary?

The answer is nothing. Nothing more was necessary. There was so obviously and so clearly no need for a further ceremony. By involving club politicians, we made it a political action. People who responded with their own form of political action- whether in the form of heckling or otherwise were well within their rights.

What they absolutely did not do was heckle or boo Betts, or undermine the respect to be shown to him. Stop using popular players as the human shield for unpopular club officials.

Good:
- Eddie with another GOTY contender. What a superstar.
- A win in Eddie’s 300th and Smithers 150th.
- After the first quarter we took the game on and played fast.
- That David Mackay tackle, run through the middle and pace out pass.
- Sloane, Crouch x2, Betts.

Bad:
- Chapman with the mic post game. How much does he love the sound of his own voice? It’s not about you mate.
- The extra stuff after the game was kind of awkward, and arguably a bit over the top. Less is more?
- Gold Coast.
- The nachos from underneath the Western Grandstand.

Ugly:
- That first quarter.

Geez... this threads become a bit of dumpster fire in the past couple of pages..

Might as well throw some petrol on it..

I agree with Pea Nut....

I like Murphy, big fan of him. Great endevour, tackles hard and always gives 110%... but... his first four games this season have been bog average.. not AFL player standard.

And one good game against an opponent that will most likely be bottom four after the minor rounds, with his team dominating, doesnt all of a sudden redeem the last four games for murph... sure, he kicked a few goals and did some great things but he didnt set the world on fire.

I wouldve liked to have seen stengle replace murph for the suns game.. and would still like to see stengle come in for him for the saints game.

But it aint gonna happen now and i hope murph takes this opportunity to back up his game against the suns with another good one against the saints....

Think theres some serious pumping up of murphs tyres going on.. lets see how he goes next weekend.

It's all you ever do. And try and discredit any sort of critical thinking. Everyone here is well aware of it and it's why no one takes you seriously.
And do you think people take YOU seriously? :rolleyes: You really are deluded. You all take yourselves entirely too seriously.

Find me some evidence of me saying how wonderful we all are in the last 12 months. There must be some because you say it’s “all I ever do”. I’ll wait.

We certainly know the basic difference between a trade and free agent and which applies to our own players, which evidently Chapman does not
Yeah I get that. But is it the time or place to point out he’s a bit of a dick? I don’t think so. Some people just can’t help themselves. Got an issue with Chappie - take it up with Chappie. In the middle of a presentation to celebrate Eddie’s 300th game isn’t it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's hard to believe that someone could in good faith consider that there's no onus to show the respect of getting basic career facts about the person you're supposedly paying tribute to correct, but there is an onus on everyone else to be respectful to the error maker for it.

It's almost like the concern being raised isnt about respecting Eddie at all, but is a thinly veiled attempt enforcing club hegemony. Surely not?

Chairman makes basic error during presentation on microphone broad cast stadium wide: I'm sure Eddie won't remember that.

Person calls out from the stands hundreds of metres away: you've ruined the moment for all time with your disrespect.

Good to see the run from half back, but if we played a team that was up for it in the first quarter we would have already been 25-30 points down at the end of the first and wouldn’t have played the way we did. I sound like a grinch but truly believe we once again just got out the paper mashe and fixed up those cracks.

And do you think people take YOU seriously? :rolleyes: You really are deluded. You all take yourselves entirely too seriously.

Find me some evidence of me saying how wonderful we all are in the last 12 months. There must be some because you say it’s “all I ever do”. I’ll wait.

I tend to agree with you that I was pleased with Murphy’s game.

But in making your point it’s not helpful to pretend your history doesn’t follow you around. It’s been well earned and deserved over many years, so there is no point pretending otherwise now

Too funny

31f539c9966160933dcc22f9c7c33082.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it were Walker he would have got a game. Deserved at least a fine.

Incidents assessed:
The match day report laid against the Gold Coast SUNS' Jarrod Harbrow for contact on Adelaide Crows' Lachlan Murphy from the fourth quarter of Sunday's match was assessed. The ball is kicked towards the forward pocket for Adelaide. Murphy is running with the flight of the ball. Harbrow is running from the other direction from the goal square. As Murphy takes the mark, body contact is made. It was the view of the MRO that Harbrow's actions were not unreasonable in the circumstances. No further action was taken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ROB has a long way to go for sure, but the one aspect I really like is his tap to tackle time.

He is much more agile when the ball hits the ground than I realised. As soon as the ball is tapped, he's a legitimate defensive threat if the opposition pick up the ball and it's within 5 metres of him.

He seems to get down low really well and is strong in the contest.

The other thing I liked is that if he is up against someone smaller he will monster the guy and usually take the mark, which is how it should be. I've become accustomed to smaller guys embarrassingly out manoeuvring Jacobs.

These are very small basic things in a game that requires much improvement, but I do think there's something there to work with.

ROB has a long way to go for sure, but the one aspect I really like is his tap to tackle time.

He is much more agile when the ball hits the ground than I realised. As soon as the ball is tapped, he's a legitimate defensive threat if the opposition pick up the ball and it's within 5 metres of him.

The other thing I liked is that if he is up against someone smaller he will monster the guy and usually take the mark, which is how it should be. I've become accustomed to smaller guys embarrassingly out manoeuvring Jacobs.

These are very small basic things in a game that requires much improvement, but I do think there's something there to work with.
Very raw still but playing at this level for a good block of games will do way more for him than playing in the SANFL for another year. It's the thing about trying news guys, some guys may not dominate the SANFL but they rise when they go up a level and have the best players around them. After all it's a team game and you're only good as the team around you to a certain degree. Thought ROB was very good on Sunday and hope he can continue to trend up as the improvement from this match since the Geelong one was quite substantial already.

They didnt out manoeuvr jacobs in 2017 when he made the AA squad

Granted he has finished now if ROB has half the career of jacobs he would be pretty damn happy

Will he become at least afl compotent or not us the question that we dont know the answer to yet

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Does this mean we need crazy bets or should that be Betts to motivate us every week...

How about for every win, BOG gets the choice of tattooing their face on Birdman or Hart...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back