D2 Division 2 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst I’ve never enjoyed playing against Flowers I do respect him. Guys who play with him, love him. Those who don’t, often dislike him. Sign of a good player for mine. Can’t be loved by all.
Many at De la thought he was as good a player as you’d see.

You going around again, Brainy?

Nope, pulled the pin last year to focus on kids sport.

Every game I umpired flowers, I told him Id be watching him closely, he pushed it to the limit, sent him off on yellow card, sure I heard him swear, but never reported him.
I played with blokes that played that way, always need someone with some mongrel, Flowers loves it.

Maybe you deserved it based on your reputation

Gee an umpired getting a bad rap or verbally abused, never had that happen before.

How about you OTP?

YV missing 22 of their best again GE. Outstanding effort

Is that 22 missing this week or from last game?

I had heard 15 players.

Either way, players to come in this week will strengthen reserves.

Bulleen Temp need be at their best this week.

Tell me fellow D2 forum posters, who is going to slot into losing first semi final?

I wouldve thought Melb High but they seem to be struggling.

Down to Bulleen or Hawthorn

Gee an umpired getting a bad rap or verbally abused, never had that happen before.
How about you OTP?

Made probably the best call of my career in a very close Brighton/SBMT game, the Brighton timekeeper came into the rooms after the loss and absolutely unloaded on me. Referred him to rule 12.1.3(d) and told him to get out.

Never really got any grief from players, I must have been doing something right.

Worst abuse I ever got was from St Bernards spectators doing an U11 game at the snakepit. Proper ferals. They carried on the tradition a few years later in WRFL junior finals and two upstanding citizens thought it was proper to stand behind my goal-umpiring son and take turns keeping up a constant stream of abuse. Two middle-aged blokes giving a torrent of s**t to a 15-year-old who was actually doing very well. Top club infested with some utterly s**t people.

Maybe you deserved it based on your reputation

How about you OTP?
Never really hard any abuse, couldn't care less about that, but did have a few very funny comments directed my way.
Stopped and applauded one in particular at Ivanhoe one day.

Old Camberwell ressies were always good value back in the day. Whitefriars crowd often gave me a good laugh, one day got complimented on a decision and told if I’d got it wrong I’d have ended up with his pie in the back of my head!

Favourite abuse was one day down in D1 at Yarra Valley, shot after the siren just snuck in for a goal. Opposition team manager said I was the worst umpire he’d ever seen and I’d never umpire again. Next week I was up in B grade!

Is that 22 missing this week or from last game?

I had heard 15 players.

Either way, players to come in this week will strengthen reserves.

Bulleen Temp need be at their best this week.

Tell me fellow D2 forum posters, who is going to slot into losing first semi final?

I wouldve thought Melb High but they seem to be struggling.

Down to Bulleen or Hawthorn
Always a lot of hype in this thread for YV - a team who has struggled to leave the grade since their dismal 2015 season. They always seem to find two teams better than them every year. Must be something to do with their "best" never being out on the park..

I really
GI were missing the Vafa’s best coach , that should even it up .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I know a lot of this is tongue in cheek or an attempt to fish for a reaction, but seriously, it does get tedious. GE is a club that has to contend with the same challenges as Ormond, Oakleigh Hampton etc, and are doing their best to build their club and keep it not only functional, but successful. If they hit the right balance they are putting in a foundation for success and a climb into the higher grades;all credit to them. Despite the inevitable exchange of a few players, and local rivalries i would think energy would be better spent sharing strategies to ensure the success of all clubs in the same situation.

Phantom, as much as you are obviously passionate, you are better off not biting at every troll, and piece of bait...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back