Player Watch Brayden Sier (Delisted 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You can't be serious. Sier didn't play because he injured his ankle. He won't be right to go for Anzac Day, and even if he was, replacing Aish with another small defender is the most obvious choice.

For the sake of clarity, given the absoluteness of this, where has that been confirmed? A pressure bandage in that area doesn’t necessarily = ankle. I like Apex’s thinking because Varcoe on Tippa works for me, but I’m not sure who the in would be. Maybe Daicos or Greenwood.

AFL website injury lists him as “undisclosed” and returning “TBC”...

At the risk of talking sh1t, it just smells a bit odd to me that he’s not featured yet anywhere this season and now isn’t playing but isn’t injured either... (dont clubs usually make something up if they don’t want to say why??)

AFL website injury lists him as “undisclosed” and returning “TBC”...

At the risk of talking sh1t, it just smells a bit odd to me that he’s not featured yet anywhere this season and now isn’t playing but isn’t injured either... (dont clubs usually make something up if they don’t want to say why??)
He injured his achilles, he was wearing a bandage on it at the VFL on Saturday.

He injured his achilles, he was wearing a bandage on it at the VFL on Saturday.

All true AD, but he was listed as playing VFL on Saturday, but then didn’t. If his achilles was still a factor, then why select him?

I dont want to add to the speculation (I just have!) but it’s very frustrating. We all want to see the Bear out there, with those beautiful handballs out to advantage. Did they really happen in 2018...

This thread:

source.gif

All true AD, but he was listed as playing VFL on Saturday, but then didn’t. If his achilles was still a factor, then why select him?

I dont want to add to the speculation (I just have!) but it’s very frustrating. We all want to see the Bear out there, with those beautiful handballs out to advantage. Did they really happen in 2018...

Didn't happen. Sidey was in such good form that it was simply him winning the ball in tight and then handballing to himself. It was too good to be believable, so our imaginations invented this Sier bloke.

There are such things as late outs.

Buckley said today it was a tendon in his foot that is the issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the sake of clarity, given the absoluteness of this, where has that been confirmed? A pressure bandage in that area doesn’t necessarily = ankle. I like Apex’s thinking because Varcoe on Tippa works for me, but I’m not sure who the in would be. Maybe Daicos or Greenwood.
The other option besides those two would be to roll the dice on Wells on a HFF. He got about 18 disposals and 2 goals in the VFL on Saturday iirc. Doubtful they’d risk him on a 5 day break though.

Just bring in Goldy, flexabilty and runs through walls. Twice as fit as last years final. Seen him play with busted shoulder. Makes players around him better and oppo think twice!

From The Age today:

Big-bodied inside midfielder Brayden Sier also missed the VFL game last week after he injured his foot in the days before the game. He will miss again this week with a ‘‘little tear in his tendon’’. It is understood he injured his foot in the gym during a weights session.

‘‘We don’t think it’s a major thing but it is another little hiccup he has had in recent months,’’ Buckley said.

Of course I don't believe the club on this one. I'm more inclined the think that the mishap occurred whilst the Bear was paintballing in birkenstocks after a morning of solid beer-swilling.

In any case, it is annoying. I'm confident that he'll get back to senior footy soon enough, and I think he'll hit a high standard as quickly as he did last year, but unfortunately the prospect of him playing for more than 65% of game time has been pushed back just a little bit further.

How do you tear a tendon in your foot in a gym? Genuine question.
He told one of our posters at the VFL game that he stepped on a weight laying on the ground.

I suppose it's like when Glenn McGrath stepped on the cricket ball at Lords. s**t happens.

I've done some research, spoken to some sources and found out the sordid truth behind The Saga of The Bear.

It's a worrying tale of growing fascist sentiment within the club. It dates back to #frisbeegate where the behaviour of Howe's dog outraged some influential members of the club and anti-animal sentiment began to grow. When Degoey's dog also behaved abhorrently, the festering resentment towards animals grew further. These divisive voices have found their way into the match committee, resulting in the whole menagerie - The Pig, The Bull, The Bear, The Ox and The Croc, being banished to languish in the twos.

Angered by the growing discrimination, the Bear has become militant and is intending to lead an uprising of force, hence the muay thai boxing and the picture of his armed combat training that was captured in #paintballgate. His latest protest, #birkenstockgate, where he refused to don footy boots, has seen significant movement in the conflict against animals. Many at the club feel the overreactive retaliation to this protest resulted in us losing the VFL game. As the retaliation involved The Croc being moved from the wing of redemption to once again spud it up in the forward line. Thus sentiment has shifted away from the anti-animal campaigners and the match committee are re-considering their blanket ban against the menagerie. The Pig is being considered for selection. Tonight's team will give us a clearer picture of where this conflict is heading.

It's interesting times, indeed.

I've done some research, spoken to some sources and found out the sordid truth behind The Saga of The Bear.

It's a worrying tale of growing fascist sentiment within the club. It dates back to #frisbeegate where the behaviour of Howe's dog outraged some influential members of the club and anti-animal sentiment began to grow. When Degoey's dog also behaved abhorrently, the festering resentment towards animals grew further. These divisive voices have found their way into the match committee, resulting in the whole menagerie - The Pig, The Bull, The Bear, The Ox and The Croc, being banished to languish in the twos.

Angered by the growing discrimination, the Bear has become militant and is intending to lead an uprising of force, hence the muay thai boxing and the picture of his armed combat training that was captured in #paintballgate. His latest protest, #birkenstockgate, where he refused to don footy boots, has seen significant movement in the conflict against animals. Many at the club feel the overreactive retaliation to this protest resulted in us losing the VFL game. As the retaliation involved The Croc being moved from the wing of redemption to once again spud it up in the forward line. Thus sentiment has shifted away from the anti-animal campaigners and the match committee are re-considering their blanket ban against the menagerie. The Pig is being considered for selection. Tonight's team will give us a clearer picture of where this conflict is heading.

It's interesting times, indeed.

I believe you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back