Round 5 Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

Goals dont. Every goal that is scored has the same value: Six points.

Imagine if Stacks kicked 5 goals. Richmond fans would be alerting the Vatican about the second coming of Christ

Josh Jenkins kicked 199 goals over the space of 4 years, basically an average of 50 goals a season for 4 seasons, and yet half this board (including his own fans) still call him a spud and he just got dropped to the SANFL.

Petrucelle's performance on the weekend was very Jenkins-like. Joe the Goose cheapies out the back are worth 6 points just like any other goal, but they don't pass the eye test. Drew, Butters, Stack, Hately all played games that passed the eye test.

Goals dont. Every goal that is scored has the same value: Six points.

Imagine if Stacks kicked 5 goals. Richmond fans would be alerting the Vatican about the second coming of Christ
Some are junktime goals that are scored when the game is over, rendering them meaningless as they don’t effect the outcome of the game. Petruccelle kicked a few of them.

Josh Jenkins kicked 199 goals over the space of 4 years, basically an average of 50 goals a season for 4 seasons, and yet half this board (including his own fans) still call him a spud and he just got dropped to the SANFL.

Petrucelle's performance on the weekend was very Jenkins-like. Joe the Goose cheapies out the back are worth 6 points just like any other goal, but they don't pass the eye test. Drew, Butters, Stack, Hately all played games that passed the eye test.
Spot on.

Some are junktime goals that are scored when the game is over, rendering them meaningless as they don’t effect the outcome of the game. Petruccelle kicked a few of them.
Petrucelle had also kicked the entire Eagles score well into the second quarter iirc. He didn't jump around and celebrate like a flog in the last, he knew the context of his late ones.

Pretty sure most fans would expect one of theirs to walk home with the nomination after a bagful. Petrucelle shouldn't get punished because most of his team mates didn't bother showing up when Port turned on the heat.

Petrucelle had also kicked the entire Eagles score well into the second quarter iirc. He didn't jump around and celebrate like a flog in the last, he knew the context of his late ones.

Pretty sure most fans would expect one of theirs to walk home with the nomination after a bagful. Petrucelle shouldn't get punished because most of his team mates didn't bother showing up when Port turned on the heat.
I did respect the non celebration, but would still take others ahead of him. Anyway, I’ve said my piece.

If lightning speed gets you space in the forward 50 and easy goals, that's no fluke. Now he's adding composure he'll be a very valuable player long term in my view.

Kicking 5 goals is being a stat merchant, lmao, that's a new one

They sooked over Walsh getting it last week, now they have gone in full Chernobyl after Stack (who is very impressive so far btw) missed out.

Never change Richmond fans. Petrol kick 5 out of his teams 8 goals on a wet and miserable night for footy is very impressive (took a handful of marks too)

Petrucelle was a worthy winner - 18 disposals (5 contested), 3 inside 50s, 3 tackles, 2 intercept marks, 14 pressure acts, 8 score involvements, 5.2

It wasn't like he just sat back and let others do the work for him. The odds of him being able to have a game like that in West Coast's system this year are pretty low due to their plethora of marking targets that usually gobble up the lion's share of goals.

That being said...I did like Drew's game - 20 disposals (12 contested), 1 inside 50, 5 tackles, 6 intercept marks, 28 pressure acts, 3 clearances, 6 score involvements, 1.0. He'll get a nomination sooner rather than later.

It won't be long before Sydney Stack is nominated and it will give a big middle finger to all the clubs who thought his family was too 'troubled'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It won't be long before Sydney Stack is nominated and it will give a big middle finger to all the clubs who thought his family was too 'troubled'.
I counted at least another dozen threads where Richmond aren't the focal point of conversation - you'd better hurry or the AFL world may forget you exists

I counted at least another dozen threads where Richmond aren't the focal point of conversation - you'd better hurry or the AFL world may forget you exists
Thanks for taking the time out to make that post.Maybe if you listened to Peter Sumich, you might have Stack on your list.

Thanks for taking the time out to make that post.Maybe if you listened to Peter Sumich, you might have Stack on your list.

If we listened to Peter Sumich we wouldn't have made finals since Worsfold left.

Just stop.

Mate your a idiot and dont know Sydney Stack background at all.
He would never of made it in Perth and had to get out of WA to have a career
WCE knew about him very well Sydney lived with two different WCE former players,
in his draft year the last being Paul Peos who lived with 4 months up to draft time
Them and his manager all wanted him out of Perth where he could flourish.

I am very happy Richmond stood up and gave him a chance, i hope he has a long successful career at your club.

Having a go at Petch's game when he kicked 5 and had great influence seems very petty, not often young players kick 5
in a game

Mate your a idiot and dont know Sydney Stack background at all.
He would never of made it in Perth and had to get out of WA to have a career
WCE knew about him very well Sydney lived with two different WCE former players,
in his draft year the last being Paul Peos who lived with 4 months up to draft time
Them and his manager all wanted him out of Perth where he could flourish.

I am very happy Richmond stood up and gave him a chance, i hope he has a long successful career at your club.

Having a go at Petch's game when he kicked 5 and had great influence seems very petty, not often young players kick 5
in a game
I didn't say anything about Petrucelli, I said Stack will get it at some stage.I'm sure if West Coast or Freo knew he would be this good ,they would have drafted him and shacked him up with a senior player. Even if you take the WA sides out of the equation, it's a disgrace no one even rookied him.Look what happens when you give someone a go and don't sterotype them.Maybe you and West Coast are the idiots, not me or Richmond.

This isn't a Richmond thing. Petrucelle had a good game and kicked 5, however, a couple of those were cheapies when the game was effectively over. He still had a really good game and did his part, no one is discounting that. But stats aren't everything. When the game was on the line, Drew stood up and was more instrumental to his team winning than Petrucelle was, simple as that.

I was sitting above most of Petrol's goals. He burnt everyone off to get into that free space and earn his Joe the Gooses. If being faster than everyone is stat hoarding then so be it.

People talk like joe the gooses like it’s country reserves where you leave a bloke in the goalsquare to try to get him goals.

At this level you still need to do the work the other way then bust your guts to get into the dangerous positions if you are Petrol’s size.

Jenkins a little different being a tall target

I didn't say anything about Petrucelli, I said Stack will get it at some stage.I'm sure if West Coast or Freo knew he would be this good ,they would have drafted him and shacked him up with a senior player. Even if you take the WA sides out of the equation, it's a disgrace no one even rookied him.Look what happens when you give someone a go and don't sterotype them.Maybe you and West Coast are the idiots, not me or Richmond.
Thanks for confirming that you either didn’t read his post or that you did read his post but your reading comprehension is so low you couldn’t understand it.

Nice one.

This isn't a Richmond thing. Petrucelle had a good game and kicked 5, however, a couple of those were cheapies when the game was effectively over. He still had a really good game and did his part, no one is discounting that. But stats aren't everything. When the game was on the line, Drew stood up and was more instrumental to his team winning than Petrucelle was, simple as that.
If you class ‘cheapies’ as someone starting behind their opponent and burning them off to create an opportunity for a goal then I ‘d hate to see what you consider an actual Joe the goose.

If you class ‘cheapies’ as someone starting behind their opponent and burning them off to create an opportunity for a goal then I ‘d hate to see what you consider an actual Joe the goose.

There's also the fact that by the time he kicked over half of those goals the game was all but over.

The game was there to be won in the first half. Drew had a much more influential first half than Petrucelle did.

There's also the fact that by the time he kicked over half of those goals the game was all but over.

The game was there to be won in the first half. Drew had a much more influential first half than Petrucelle did.
Petch had kicked our entire score at half time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back