Greatest AFL photo ever taken

Remove this Banner Ad

i think i can say without any hint of bias that this is one of the most recognisable and iconic images of footy
250px-Jack_Dyer.jpg

These have probably been posted. There's one of Liam picken from behind in 2016 when running into the open goal but can't find it. The Don sheed will be a classic in years to come. Modra need I say more. The Franklin one is one of my football memories and the Jarman one well its when we knew we had our first flag images (49).jpeg images (45).jpeg images (47).jpeg images (50).jpeg

Love the lack of concern for the tackle.

Yeah, he's just looking for the best option there....He loved playing North the most & kicked over 100 goals against them....They were the side he followed as a kid, with Allen Aylett being his hero, so he liked to dish it out on them for that reason.....He loved sticking it to Ron Barassi also.

Poor old Shinboners….Our rivalry with North throughout the mid to late 70's was every bit as epic to match that of our Essendon rivalry throughout the 80's & our current day one with Geelong.

That picture doesn't do justice to just how massive the circumference of those tree-trunk legs of his were.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Right arm free from the ball and elbow cocked, ready to smash a North player's head in while he's totally defenceless.

LOL.....Yeah, here's possibly the pre-eminent shot of Peter Knights career, where he's attempting to kick a North player in the head.

1558086385352.png

Knights was a clean and fair player, doesn't have the history of Matthews.

Actually, they began & ended their careers in the exact same seasons....The White Knight & the Dark Avenger.....My 2 boyhood idols.

Knights would have won both the 1976 & 1978 Brownlow medals were it not for injuries he sustained from his high flying acrobatics in those 2 seasons.

Don't try to claim that Bruns was a fair player, cause we both know different.

For me there's 2 great photos which say SO much about our game:

1:Nicky W pointing to his skin
2:The one of the great Cazaly being "Up there" taking the truly iconic one hander. (someone must have it?)
3: A shot of me, age 12, shaking hands with the great hero of my childhood, Peter McKenna. You've never seen it, but its certainly one of my favourites!

For me there's 2 great photos which say SO much about our game:

1:Nicky W pointing to his skin
2:The one of the great Cazaly being "Up there" taking the truly iconic one hander. (someone must have it?)
3: A shot of me, age 12, shaking hands with the great hero of my childhood, Peter McKenna. You've never seen it, but its certainly one of my favourites!

1558502751817.png Here you go...It looks a trifle stencilled in here though.

1558502828038.png 1558503003694.png Thought I'd add in 2 great full-forwards, in the true sense of the word.
Bob Pratt & John Coleman.

Actually, they began & ended their careers in the exact same seasons....The White Knight & the Dark Avenger.....My 2 boyhood idols.

Knights would have won both the 1976 & 1978 Brownlow medals were it not for injuries he sustained from his high flying acrobatics in those 2 seasons.

Don't try to claim that Bruns was a fair player, cause we both know different.

Like Bruns was the only unsuspecting player he ever kneed, punched, elbowed or coathangered.

There were plenty beforehand and afterwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back