Dive Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Jod puts up a good defence, but you know it’s only because Salah is a red. This is when being so one eyed and biased counts against you Jodly. If you weren’t that way you’d be more inclined to be able to convince others

For me if you choose to fall to the ground, whether someone has touched you or not, you've taken a dive.

Contact isn't necessarily a foul, and for me you should do your best to stay upright until the contact us so severe that you can't stay upright.
It was a penalty. Now go and ask your oil baron masters for some better defenders.

Pretty clear case of tall poppy syndrome with Salah. Heavily involved with his home town in Egypt and various charities. Very humble and not the slightest bit selfish or arrogant. Calling him anti semitic is just absolute nonsense.

Nearly all fouls in football involve players that could have stayed on their feet if they really really wanted to. Having a go at a player who's been put in the headlock and wrestled to the ground is simply sour grapes. Plenty of players have gone down in a similar manner after a blatant foul without a single mention of it afterwards. Last season Salah was kicked and pulled to high heaven with some of the most blatant pens you'll ever see not awarded. He goes down after being fouled no less or no more than the typical player. Harry Kane is probably the worst in the league for that sort of thing not that you would notice from Spurs fans who often endorse his blatant flopping.

I’ll admit Kane is prone to diving, but nowhere near on the scale of Salah. I’m big enough to call out Kane’s cheating for what it is when it happens
When you cheat it is a problem. Against Cardiff it wasn’t cheating. Salah was held back and the ref only responded when he went to ground. Clear cut penalty and the commentators said so at the time.

I’ll admit Kane is prone to diving, but nowhere near on the scale of Salah. I’m big enough to call out Kane’s cheating for what it is when it happens

No you aren't. And the one time Salah was actually guilty of diving you'll find the entire Liverpool fan base on here called him out for it (vs Palace,)

Harry Kane dives much more than Salah has.

Who is the “biggest” diver in the league. Or globally actually, Neymar would be hard to beat.

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did Salah go down easily? Yes. I saw Salah just drop to the ground but Morrison literally didn’t need to wrap his arms like that around Salah with 3 other defenders in close proximity. It was s**t defending from him. First he plays a girly sideways pass near Mane that is incepted back into Morrison’s path who for some reason just waits until Firmino is right on top of him before booting the ball into Firmino and then he thinks it is wise to rugby tackle Salah. Penalty all day long when Salah goes down. Whether Salah goes down easily or not has no barring on Morrison putting his arms around Salah.

Between Morrison wrestling Salah in the box, his open goal miss (he was too busy trying to push Mane out of the way rather than get his forehead on the ball) and his comments about wanting Liverpool to win the league title, Morrison definitely played a huge role in Liverpool winning

Who is the “biggest” diver in the league. Or globally actually, Neymar would be hard to beat.
That would be like who’s the best batsman ever... excluding Bradman.
Neymar is a shoe in.

It was a penalty. Now go and ask your oil baron masters for some better defenders.

I wasn't talking about any penalty or player in particular.

Just the principle, that applies regardless of the player, or the shirt they are wearing.

The (bizarre) Salah witch-hunt gets even more bizarre. He accentuated contact after about 7 seconds of being fouled but it was 100% a penalty in any case. Would we be having this conversation if it was anyone else? Would anyone begrudge their own side’s striker going to ground in the same instance?

Plenty of forwards look for contact and go down a bit easy. Kane and Vardy to name a couple (I.e. leaving a trailing leg out to be clipped by the defender). Wasn’t Sterling flavor of the month a little while ago for his dives? Salah has taken a couple of easy tumbles of late, which he is rightfully criticized for, but PLENTY of current EPL forwards do and have done, and what took place against Cardiff was totally and utterly different to that.

This board is weird sometimes.

The (bizarre) Salah witch-hunt gets even more bizarre. He accentuated contact after about 7 seconds of being fouled but it was 100% a penalty in any case. Would we be having this conversation if it was anyone else? Would anyone begrudge their own side’s striker going to ground in the same instance?

Plenty of forwards look for contact and go down a bit easy. Kane and Vardy to name a couple (I.e. leaving a trailing leg out to be clipped by the defender).

This board is weird sometimes.

Yep. Some on the board just cant look at things objectively. And if they had watched Salah since joining Liverpool they'd know that he has been kicked, pulled and clattered many times without complaining or going down. Just a couple of weeks ago a Porto defender tried to hack him from behind, Salah stated on his feet and missed a shot on goal as a result.

99% of fouls these days involve fouls where players could stay on their feet if they really wanted to. It's just how football is these days and the reality is Salah is the same as your typical footballer in that sense.

I can honestly say that there is not a single player at another club that many on this board would even mention if they got fouled in the same manner as Salah. Its tall poppy syndrome and a bit of him bring a foreigner being the main reason there are some that are intent on painting him in a light that doesn't match reality.

neymar is kicked and fouled a lot.

he certainly makes the most of a foul but i dont recall too often him diving too much. not many come close to the amount of rolls he does though.

For me if you choose to fall to the ground, whether someone has touched you or not, you've taken a dive.

Contact isn't necessarily a foul, and for me you should do your best to stay upright until the contact us so severe that you can't stay upright.

By that definition, there wouldn’t be an attacker in the league who doesn’t dive at nearly every opportunity, inside and outside the area. Brave Lionhearted proper manly brave English footballers included. James Milner’s carved out of granite and I’m sure if I watched him for the next game or 2 there’d be a challenge where he could’ve kept his feet if he really wanted to.

Faux outrage at a small, very selective sample of the countless players who do this every week will do nothing to get rid of it, it comes down to referees more consistently blowing the whistle when an infringement occurs without the player falling to the ground, which I can’t see happening, so why waste your energy.

Personally, it doesn’t bother me. As long as the correct decision is made, you won’t hear me complain about this definition of diving regardless of the players/clubs involved. It’s when players go down when it’s clear no contact has occurred and they get an undeserved decision that you’ll hear me piss and moan.

Last edited:
By that definition, there wouldn’t be an attacker in the league who doesn’t dive at nearly every opportunity, inside and outside the area. Brave Lionhearted proper manly brave English footballers included. James Milner’s carved out of granite and I’m sure if I watched him for the next game or 2 there’d be a challenge where he could’ve kept his feet if he really wanted to.

Faux outrage at a small, very selective sample of the countless players who do this every week will do nothing to get rid of it, it comes down to referees more consistently blowing the whistle when an infringement occurs without the player falling to the ground, which I can’t see happening, so why waste your energy.

Personally, it doesn’t bother me. As long as the correct decision is made, you won’t hear me complain about this definition of diving regardless of the players/clubs involved. It’s when players go down when it’s clear no contact has occurred that you’ll hear me piss and moan.

It certainly happens a lot, and the faux outrage is often met with faux outrage at the suggestion one of "our" players has taken a dive. Six of one, half a dozen of the other. I remember a lot of outrage from the Liverpool camp about diving in one of the PSG games, so it shouldn't come as a shock to anyone when people question their own players.

It would help if refs pulled up fouls more consistently, it would also help if they pulled up players that do a dying swan to get a free (whether it's deserved or not).

For me the game would be much better if players just did their best to put the ball in the net, and let the refs ref.

Yep. Some on the board just cant look at things objectively.
Jesus Christ. There has been 2 videos posted showing his diving, not related to this game. You are the epitome of not being able to look objectively. Maybe you should hit the roads and become a scholar of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back