Autopsy Round 5, 2019: Melbourne v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's be honest about jb, fantastic junior with elite qualities but everyone could see he didn't have the confidence in his body to hit in hard (was scared)

Going 12 rounds with a boxer has probably shown him his not made of glass.

On DUB-LX2 using BigFooty.com mobile app
At my fittest in my 20's going to the gym 4 to 5 days a week, I was knackered after 5 or 6 minutes hitting the heavy bag.
12 x 3 minute rounds even sparing is elite

Yep just as long as they go out there and have a red hot go and show some guts and determination, because once you cross the white line then you're 100% fit and everyone knows that a champion team will always beat a team of champions... Because it's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog.

Have I missed any? :)

It's just one game at a time, you have to plan the work and work the plan, with intestinal fortitude, playing for each other, there's no "I" in "team", it's a game of centimetres where the better team wins on the day.

Laziest bloke on the team by far

tenor.gif

Get off him Acres - surely that's a free kick to Jordan Lewis

It's just one game at a time, you have to plan the work and work the plan, with intestinal fortitude, playing for each other, there's no "I" in "team", it's a game of centimetres where the better team wins on the day.
As long as you can look your teammates in the eye and know that you left it all on the park...

I saw in an injury list that max king is 1-2 weeks away. Would he be ready to slot back in, or would he play vfl first? Exciting times regardless.
I imagine the 1-2 weeks would mean that he is fully fit at that time?

I saw in an injury list that max king is 1-2 weeks away. Would he be ready to slot back in, or would he play vfl first? Exciting times regardless.
I imagine the 1-2 weeks would mean that he is fully fit at that time?

I can’t see any way that he will come straight into the seniors. We appear to have been super cautious with him so pretty sure he’ll be playing a fair amount of VFL first. There’s no rush, thankfully.

I hate all the crap about King.
Calling him Winx , talking about bringing him into the team already.
Setting ourselves up for disappointment.

Joe Daniher was only good for a goal a week or so in his second year, coming off a pre-season.

The team call him Winx.
I doubt anybody at all thinks he will just jump straight into the senior team.
We’re excited, is all. And why not, he’s got huge raps on him?
We’re not expecting him to bolt out the gate ;) and win us a premiership this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I loved the moment from Newnes in the first quarter where Parker won a free kick in a one on one contest on the wing, before the Melbourne player even had the thought to hold the play up, Newnes was running past and ripped the ball out of the Melbourne players hands and threw it to Parker.

It happened so quickly that Parker was able to kick on quickly back to the hard running Newnes and stay in front of the swarm of Melbourne players running back. He ended up with a quick forward entry and one on one in the forward line.

Only a little thing but was so clever and set the whole play up.

Can the GIF god bring it up?? Middle of the first I think.

Didn't forget you. Well spotted, very clever play. Hope it's an attitude and intensity we can bring all year.

Didn't forget you. Well spotted, very clever play. Hope it's an attitude and intensity we can bring all year.
He needs to be signed up real quick

They also desperately need a bunch more outside run and class.

I said last year that they should been brave and offered up an inside bull for an outside runner with pace. Gaff or Whitfield would be ideal for them. Sold off a key forward instead. I rate Pruess but seemed the last thing they needed. He would be good as a tall forward if they had a couple of crumbing players under him. They need Parker and Young or similar to hold the ball up in their front half and rove the dropped marks.

He needs to be signed up real quick

He's never going to be on huge money and loves his mates at the club, he should be signed up super quickly.

Name goes up on the whiteboard with luminaries like

Purple
Wilson
Schwartz
McGuane
and now Goddard.

Remember

Essendon will come out firing
Hawthorn are again challenging and win easily
Melbourne are ready to come good after beating Sydney.

Now Adelaide have come good.

Remember.

Bookies odds for each of the five games

Remember.

The experts tipping against us every round.

Everyone still underestimates us.

Upon on the whiteboard.
Superfooty Podcast still rates us as a Bottom six side

Another gif option might be that great chain of handballs in tight out of the back line. Don’t recall our hands ever being as quick as that under pressure. Billings was one, can’t recall the others. Inside defensive 50 in the third I think. Definitely that end, so first or third.

Remember that article from The Roar back in Feb that basically said we are a total train wreck, always have been, will continue to be.
To be fair we haven’t been great for a while

he's good on the hunt parker. when they get caught they get hurt.

long and parker give us a point of difference inside there

if kent can straighten up his clangers and gresh continues to have an impact interchanging with stuv, we have a pretty good fwd 50 to work with
Loved the Panther tackle and even better it happened right in front of where we were sitting Keg on legs CALL ME SNAKE

Remove this Banner Ad

Back